main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Any Star Wars lovers from Kingston here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Boba_Darzel, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Welcome to the Ontario General forum.

2. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Perhaps a silly question, but are there any person presently in Kingston who play the CCG? And would any one who does be interested in a game?

3. romanuk

romanuk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2002
    I'm from Kingston, beautiful city.
    Home of Don Cherry :)
    K-Rock 105.7 is amazing
    It's amazing how they're still playing AOTC at the cineplex, it was sold out a few days ago..

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I count more than 3 people from Kingston now.

You know if just 3 of you got together 3 times and let Chris (YoungJediNiagara) know about the 3 meetings, Kingston can be its own FanForce chapter! With its own message board which you can customize, and attract even more people to it.

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    That is odd, romanuk. I hadn't expected that. I've been thinking of going to see it a second time. I don't know if it is worth the 8 bucks.

6. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    8 bucks?!?! I thought the Cineplex was up to 12 bucks a head!

7. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Cheap tuesday, Fodoh. Cheap tuesday. Anyways, can't go see it now. The Cineplex dropped it after 7 weeks or so.

8. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey guys and gals! Is there any chance of setting up a few meetings?

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *Looks back at comments...*

Have I ever lived in a large city? I currently reside in a 800,000 pop city. I've lived twenty minutes away from Manhattan... I lived in a 5 million pop city in the middle east.... ummm I would say Kingston was the smallest town I lived in. That's why I liked it. That and I enjoyed Ft. Henry. Don't ask why, I don't understand it myself. Oh, and the shopping there is really good. :p ;)

And to answer that other question I lived there for three and a half years.

10. Dacks

Dacks Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2001
    I generally didn't like Kingston. I'm from Montreal you see, where things are actually fun. Just jokes, kids. Sorta.

Anyway, where's BobaDarzel been for a while? Haven't seen that kid for ages. Mind you I haven't been round either.

I'll be back in Kingston come Sept for school, so I think it'd be cool to set up a fan force chapter there. We could scam our way in and have the smallest forum ever, oooh, so much fun.

Stay chill y'all.

Over and out.

Dax

11. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    ... and here I am, two months later.

So this K-Town chapter gonna happen or not?

12. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    London just became Official, there is some activity in Ottawa, if enough Kingston people make noises saying they want their own forum, they can get one made.

From there use that forum to become an official chapter as well!!!

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    I was hoping a few months ago that maybe something would happen in Kingston. Sadly that does not seem to be the case.

I've gone off to Belleville for college. Jeez, the place is less than an eighth the size of Kingston.

If something gets organised I might be able to make some of the gatherings, deppending on my schedule, and everyone elses.

14. Blix

Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    I'm from Kingston. I'm interested in getting together with people and hanging out.

In the past I've had star wars themed parties at my house that I open to the public (only about 10 people came though).

15. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, aparently there is the interest. But the schedules seem to be off. If this will ever get done, I'd surely be there. Unfortunately I'm not seeing this come about any time soon.

16. Dacks

Nov 3, 2001
    Hurray for Kingston!

Been gone for a long time, and what a surprise, my marks have gone way up. Anybody else here go to Queens U?

17. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Correcting some miss information from before. I am the Jedi_Sheridan/Jymm_Roquand. I live in Whitby in the Durham Region and go to school in Niagara (Welland to be specific). Though I am a former residnet of Kingston and still include as my home I haven't lived there for several years, due to family complications. However, I am always considering making my way back there.

James

18. Leia_Fanatic

Leia_Fanatic Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    I'm Kingston born and raised. I don't go to Queens but I live in the Queens neighborhood.

Any of you guys want to get together for a pop?

Edit: no promoting alcohol. FanForce has a no drug, no drinking policy.

19. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    I'd be up for that.

But with the way that this thread is on actually getting things done. . . . who knows if it would ever come to pass.

20. Leia_Fanatic

May 26, 2003
    I'm ready to get this fanforce chapter going whenever it's convient. The only thing is that I have Tourettes Syndrome so I might seem a little weird to some. I hope everyone here has the maturity to look past something that I was born with and get to know the real me.

21. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Welcome to the boards David. I am sure that you will be treated with dignity and respect here. If you have any questions at any time please email Chris aka YoungJediNiagara or
    myself CrazyMike.

:)

22. Leia_Fanatic

May 26, 2003
    The only problem I have is recruiting enough folks for a FanForce! LOL!

Oh well! I'm sure I can find some people if I post flyers at the library, comic shops, and bookstores.

23. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    I know that NeXus has a post it board just inside their door, it is usually best to as management before putting something up though.

I don't know about Chapter's--I've never seen a message board anywhere in the store-- but Indigo doesn't seem to mind.

24. Leia_Fanatic

May 26, 2003
    The owner of NeXus is pretty cool.

25. Leia_Fanatic

May 26, 2003
    I'm going to hit almost every store that I think will let me post that an index card up tomorrow about our fanforce.

In the meantime. We can still hangout. PM me your phone # or address (I live on Alfred St. Queen's Area) so we could hook up for a coffee or something.

I'll be at Nexus, Action Packed, and maybe a few others tommorrow trying to get our FanForce going.

Maybe I could be the Representative.

Edit: just removed the alcohol part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.