main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Anybody know where to find digital theaters?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by theemperorsnewgroove, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theemperorsnewgroove

theemperorsnewgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    I live in Nassau county and im trying to find out what theaters are digital so when the movie comes out I may enjoy optimum viewing conditions.

2. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Not to mention the digital version of ROTS will actually be different from the film version... [face_worried]

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    They almost always are since Uncle George has right to the last minute to mess with the digital one :)

4. theemperorsnewgroove

theemperorsnewgroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    so are there any preferable theaters in Nassau to see ROTS at?

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Nassau? Nah.

The Multiplex at Farmingdale is a good place. Not sure if they have digital though.

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I thought I remember when the digital version of Episode 1 was put out we wanted to see it and had to drive from Long Island to Secaucus NJ. We couldnt find one on Long Island. Maybe by now that has changed. --Billy

7. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum . . . I never knew there were any LI-based SW fan organizations!

The Farmingdale Multiplex does have digital. They had it for AoTC, and I just saw Sin City in digital projection there yesterday (theater 5).

They showed the RoTS trailer, and though I don't know if the trailers are also digital, it seemed like it, it was entirely free from any signs of film wear-and-tear.

mtfbwy,

Jon

btw, are these forums generally spoiler-free? I usually read and post in 3NS . . .

8. ark3

ark3 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, Jon (zenwave). If you're at I-CON this weekend, please stop by our table in the registration area and say hi. We'll be holding our monthly meeting at I-CON on Sunday. Also, AeroSith, the Star Wars Parody Band, will be playing at the I-CON Masquerade. We'd love to see you there.

We like to keep our boards spoiler-free except in threads that are specifically marked as spoiler threads in the thread title. Some of us are very serious about staying spoiler-free, so it is unlikely that you will accidentally read a spoiler, unless someone decides to go and break the rules.

9. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    And even if someone does break the rule I usually take care of it. If a spoiler was posted in a new thread I get a moderator to change the subject line and add "Spoiler" to it. If its a preexisting thread I'd tell the person to start a new thread on the topic (with a very general subject title that is spoiler free) and would get a mod to edit out the offending spoiler.

I'm very spoiler free (I get so mad when people forget and blurt stuff out), so I make sure this forum is spoiler free, yet those who wish to be spoiled could also have a discussion here.

Our meetings are also spoiler free! When people want to discuss spoilers they'll warn me so I can cover my ears and not listen. I've never been spoiled at any of our meetings.

By the way, welcome to our forums Jon. How did the trailer look in digital projection?

10. zenwave

May 30, 2002
    The trailer was incredible . . . I had seen it before when I snuck into the beginning of Robots while going to see Hotel Rwanda . . . just seeing it again on the big screen was breath-taking!

How many of you are going to try for the midnight showing at the Ziegfeld?

11. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    OMG...I'm reading the book and I'm up to the part where Palpatine tells *SPOILER* that *SPOILER* and he gets all *SPOILER* and then uses the Force and *SPOILER* and the she *SPOILER*...it's so <TOS VIOLATION> awesome!! ;)

Mike ;)

12. Cem-Ji_Pobro

Cem-Ji_Pobro Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I heard the UA Farmingdale has digital, not quite sure about the Farmingdale Multiplex by Applebee's & Jillian's. Unless I heard wrong? Can anyone confirm this? BTW, I have my tix already, woo-hoo! BTW, how long are people going to wait on line for seats?

13. zenwave

May 30, 2002
    I heard the UA Farmingdale has digital, not quite sure about the Farmingdale Multiplex by Applebee's & Jillian's.

They both have digital projection. Right now however, only the F'dale UA Stadium 10 is booked for RoTS . . . . unfortunately I couldn't get tix for the Ziegfeld's midnight showing, but the UA will do!

Thanks for ordering from Fandango.com! Your purchase information appears below.

Movie: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
    Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2005
    Time: 12:01am (late night)

Quantity: 2 Adult

Where: UA Farmingdale Stadium 10
    20 Michael Avenue
    Farmingdale, NY 11735

14. winstonwolf

winstonwolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2001
    Hi, Just found this board looking for any theatre info, nice to find the LIers. - Anyway, I Fandangoed tix for Farmingdale UA then called them up. I rememberd they had AOTC in digital. The guy on the phone said they had gotten rid of the digital projector :( (I guess George's master plan didn't pan out) He also said the first midnight showing for EP III had been sold out for a while. He was a bit distressed when I told him I just purchased tix for it online. He said they're running it on 5 screens but only 1 at midnight.

15. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Is Episode 3 going to play at the Ziegfeld? I havnet seen it in the future listings? --Billy

16. winstonwolf

winstonwolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah, it's at the Zeigfeld, I think moviephone or fandango sells tix. Midnight is sold out but I believe they have a 3:30 am showing. Not, sure but probably digital.

17. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    The Zeigfeld is my favorite place to see a movie. I wont make it there for my first viewing of Sith, but subsequent viewings for sure.
    I'm already saving my quarters in my car for the parking meters outside. --Billy

18. zenwave

May 30, 2002
    Wow - I thought that I was going to be seeing RoTS in digital for my first viewing (the midnight screening) at the UA F'dale Stadium 10 - I guess I won't be seeing it digitally 'til I get to the Ziegfeld . . .

BTW, here's the link for tix at the Ziegfeld if anyone wants to bookmark it:

http://clearview.moviefone.com/showtimes/theater.adp?theaterid=602&uid=11650&date=20050521&x=15&y=8

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Zenwave,
    I'll most likely be going to the Farmingdale Midnight showing. We'll have to meet up.
    Then after I'll goto the Ziegfeld to see it.
    Im impressed with your sig line there from Close to the Edge. Im a big Yes fan. We'll have to talk. --Billy

20. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Jon Anderson... I think I've heard of him. ;)

21. zenwave

May 30, 2002
    Yes, MSD, we *should* hook up for the midnight showing, to talk Sith & Yes . . . and then to sit in stunned, awed silence as the circle is made complete!

Hey Moorglade - Sound Out The Galleons! Did you happen to catch JA on his last solo tour?

22. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    i got my tickets at UA in farmingdale and today i found out that they will NOT show ROTS on the digital projector. this coming from the force.net.

i am alittle pissed off about that.

23. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Zenwave,
    Now youre really impressing me. You know what my cat's name is? Tallowcross.
    Yeah it looks like about 5 or 6 of us DB516ers will be at the Farmingdale midnight showing.
    We'll see ya there. You'll know us because we'll be giving out DB516 flyers. --Billy

24. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Liar. Tallowcross is my cat!

Zen, we did get to see Jon's solo show at BB King's club in Manhattan. Hopefully, he'll do more of those!

25. zenwave

May 30, 2002
    Hey MasterSD & Moorglade, I look forward to meeting you all there . . .
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/zenwaves/.Pictures/rots%20tix.png]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.