main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ anyone for outcast?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Graal, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    might be keen not sure what I'm doing after work as yet

2. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

purplebabbit: If my computer can run the demo (downloaded it offline), does that mean my computer has the right specifications to play the full version?

Even though a demo works, it doesn't always mean that the full game will definitely work, but it is VERY likely that it will. Occasionally things will change at the last minute (after the demo has been compiled) or the added graphics/sounds in the full version can cause problems on low-spec computers that are just on the border line.

I've got a Collector's Tin (complete with T-shirt) version of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for Windows computers that I want to sell, although I'm not sure what to charge for it. It's opened, but never used. :)

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    YUP - JO tonight.

You should be able to run the full game Purple person! Just turn the graphics down if it's not running smooth etc.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Kai?! Graal?!

JO after 9pm. We could all join this server:

It's an Auzzie server, sabers only (for Graal). Seems pretty good and there's usually not many people playing. Easiest way to join is copy that IP. Start JO - when the start up screen opens press "shift" + "~" to drop the console down. Then type:

Connect 202.15.254.104

and press enter - auto connects.

meet here at say 9pm - 15mins.

I'll text ya if your not on - both of ya.

SFL

5. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    sounds good!

6. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    sorry about not playing for long SFL, thanks for the heads up on that all seeing eye program might be worth posting a link here.
    maybe next time we can play on a NZ server with lower ping. handy to be able to see servers before starting up

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    sorry about my no-show last night guys, i was in a movie and had my phone off.

[face_plain]

Buzz - that collectors edition of JO was going for about $120 in the shops as regular retail when the game first came out. Even if it's been opened I'm sure you could probably ask at least $80-$100 for it if you have the shirt and stuff. I'd be keen to fork over some dollars if i didn't already have the game - I only could get the normal version and missed out on the shirt.

:_|

8. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There have been a few copies of JKII (both "normal" and "Collectors") on TradeMe at around the $80 price, but no takers from what I saw.

At some stage I'll be getting the recently released Mac version insteead, which only comes in a "standard"/non-collectors version. :(

9. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    You could keep the tin and the T-shirt/poster etc and sell the game for $30-40. Then you'd have a nice tin to put your mac copy in.

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, I thought of that. :) [face_devil]

But would anyone want to buy a copy without a box, and more importantly I'd lose even more money on the deal. :(

It is an option though.

11. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    thats what I did with mine I bought it for $90 by pre-ordering like 3 months early kept the t-shirt and stuff and flogged it off

12. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    if anyone has a spare shirt they wanna part with, i'd pay a reasonable sum for one.

anyone keen for game tonight? i cleared up my computer today and its running a lot faster - it's entirely possbile i may actually be able to extend my lightsaber in a game before i get off'd.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    saber extenshion is key!

:p

Yup - I'm up for a game anytime.

Kai - I'll send ya a programme that allows you to see hundreds of JO servers (and other games if you want) but it shows a few NZ and Auzzie ones with good ping. Worth us joining in with a few strangers to have a descent ping rather than IP hosting a game.

it's a whole 12k - takes about 2seconds. Called: All Seeing Eye.

Anyone else wants this - Google.com search for it and DL it. Great asset in my eyes. (no pun intended :p)

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm playing in this server:

Join in and then say g'day to me - then we'll start our own server - I know how.

Graal, Kai - I expect a game tonight guys.

:)

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    scratch that... I'm playing in this server:

202.49.92.21:28070

Join in and then say g'day to me - then we'll start our own server - I know how.

Graal, Kai - I expect a game tonight guys.

:)

16. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Sorry SFL had othewr stuff that neede doing, have also leant JO to a friend for the weekend as I'm off to picton to get some fishing in

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Hmmm ... I'm almost tempted not to bother buying the Mac version. I've just been TRYING to play the demo, and even allowing for the hopeless frame rate on my old(ish) Mac, it looks like it'll be <beep> impossible. :(

You get dumped in a crate on a landing platform with Stormtroopers EVERYWHERE!! :_|

God's nose what level that is in the full game, but using it for the demo is plain silly. :(

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol, is this crate next to a shuttle? If so I think it's the first level, and it's not hard.

20. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Nope, no shuttle.

You are in the crate and get dropped (literally) off by a ship which then goes and lands somewhere unseen. The create busts open as it hit's the landing platform, and then you get control to start playing. There's two Stormtroopers coming along the platform who spot you and a third on a walkway way above.

I can manage to kill all these. Then you go towards the door at the end of the landing platform and out pops an Imperial Probe Droid - again, not too hard to get rid of.

Then on the other side of the door are two more Stormtroopers - I can get one by sniping around the corner of the door, but then the second one rushes out and shoots me with his four barrelled gun.

At one stage I did try charging in past these two, but then there's even more Stormtroopers in the rooms either side.

:_|

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    What force powers and what guns do you have?

I may be able to assist, though I have not played this level.

Try force pulling the gun from the trooper with the "4 barreled gun" or force puch him - he may fall over and charge him. Force saber throw is always a goodun. And straff left and right to dodge the shots.

22. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    My brother plays the demo all the time - it's a level not included in the full version. After much practice, he can get to the end, but if you want to practice without being killed, press shift and ~ together, type HELPUSOBI 1, then GOD. You can't get killed :) - also, if you play the skill level 'jedi Master', you duel 2 sith, and heaps more stormtroopers.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    OMG SPOILERS AND CHEATS!!!

Ban her!

:p ;)

I played on some random server last night with 2 other guys (sabers only) and we were just dueling. Then one guy left and I asked the remaining d00d for some help with my saber skills. He taught me heaps! I'm pretty good with teh saber now :D

Graal, wanna game this week?

24. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I like the first Stormtrooper. I hide back in the crate and he walks along to investigate. You Use the Mind Trick on him and he just stands there for a bit while you take aim with the gun - EXTREMELY useful when you've got a SLOW framerate. :D

There's also another one who's trying to go behind you (and the crates), so you shoot the exploding crate from the front and he gets killed in the explosion. :)

I thought of the Force Push Mr Four-Gun this morning, but haven't tried it yet (Mind Trick didn't seem to work yesterday, probably because I already shot his partner). I also need to see if I can run it off a RAM-disk to speed up the loading times. :)

It's a little off the topic (as usual), but the Gameboy Advance Star Wars - The New Droid Army is BORING!!! even if it IS a Star Wars game. :(

Edit: I just found a "walkthrough" for the demo level, but it doesn't really help any ...
    At the start you should come out of a box dropped by Jan. Some stormtroopers should start shooting at you so use force push and make them fall to their death. Kill every single stormtrooper there is. There should be a lot out there and I suggest that you use your lightsaber to reflect their bullets! After you kill every stormtrooper in the building and outside, go up an elevator in a left door in the building ...

[face_plain]

25. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

OK, so I'm hopeless at these games. :p

Force Push makes the demo pretty easy (on "Padawan" difficulty) - I've now managed to get up to the top of the Force Field generator, although I'm a bit stuck as to what I'm supposed to do now (I've already turned off two computer consoles).

Slowly getting there. By the time I buy the whole game I might be good enough to be able to get to level two. ;)

Edit: The walkthrough says you're supposed to use your boomerang lightaber to cut the 'poles' holding the bridge down (I thought I'd already tried that) or just Force Jump across.

Well, the boomerang lightasber works. I got past that bit and now I'm up to the "end of level baddie". This guy uses his lightsaber so you can't really shoot him. The frame rate is too slow for me to fight using a lightsaber (plus I don't know or use any of the fancy moves), so I'll probably not to able to get past him. :eek:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.