main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA anyone in to building lightsabers?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SwgKesosip, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwgKesosip

SwgKesosip Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    Not real ones of course. i have been working on somthing like what they sell at www.saberology.com, im thinking of building one with a light up blade that is stong enough for dueling, however my hilt isnt looking all that great, im using the tube from a Mag flashlight and some pvc for the grip and emiter, dont get me wrong it looks like a light saber but its nothing fancy, im not all that great with power tools and such. but i plan on adding a polycarben tube for the blade with a hemi cap and some really bright LEDs if it turns out looking like the ones at saberology it will be bad ass, if anyone else is intrested in building sabers like this or has before please let me know, I am new and plan on attending some meetings and will bring it along if anyone is intrested.

2. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    My husband made a really nice lightsaber for me to carry with my costume. It's made out of chrome pipe and has LEDs that light up when I press a button. He did all the work himself, including the wiring and such... I'll bring it to the next meeting, or I can can email you some pics of it if you like... :)

3. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah, I have a saber made from sink pipe with a wooder core. Check out BigYellowBox for some other cool ideas too.

4. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Here's something I found while poking around. Thought you may like it.
    build your own lightsaber
    If the link doesn't work copy and paste.

5. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I have a MR Force Effects lightsaber that I got a couple days after seeing EP 3. But, I'd like to build a hilt for carrying sometime too.

I'm also interested in having some practice duels.

Zoomer

6. SwgKesosip

SwgKesosip Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    actually my saber is looking alot better now, I used some info from that bigyellowbox website basicly its a gutted mag flash light tub with a plastic shower head on the bottom make a pummle, then I took some PVC pipe that the flsh light would fit in and cut out a one peice grip and emiter and coated it in plastidip its like a spray paint that covers the pipe in this ruber make it a true grip. after i placed the plastidip on the grip/emiter it looked alot better.

I plan to add a polycarbonite blade and a bright LED to light it up should look cool when its all done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.