main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN AOTC May 16th Midnight Showing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by whojedi, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBannister

PaulBannister Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2001
    I have a thought that my Paranoid Personality has come up with. And forgive me if this has been mentioned before. But with the advent of online movie ticket sales, has anyone asked around as to whether or not this will thwart our wonderful line experience. It would be a real drag to have us all in line for midnight showing only to find that some of us get the shaft because of online ticket sales. Jay, since you seem to be taking charge of the line organizing, something to ask the theaters about? Part of what made the TPM release so fun and memorable was the line. I remember sitting on the sidewalk watching a Pacers Game on Jay's portable tv with what looked to be an approaching monsoon on the horizon. Good times. Anyone else from the first Galaxy line on this board?

2. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    4 tickets for me, please.

Any idea what theater yet?

3. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I need to adjust my ticket request. I need 7 tickets (instead of 3).

Thanks!!

4. toymanIN

toymanIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    I think I'll probably need four

5. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I will post this in both threads. I had a meeting at one of the theaters today. Very cool and very accomodating. They even gave me a screening of the Clone Wars trailer and jacked up the volume. SWEEEEEEET!

Anyway, we will have our choice of three theaters, 180, 225 or 300 seats. So, what this means is, we need to get anyone and everyone to go to this because I want the big theater!!!

So, ask everyone you know to see if they would want to go. We will just need to pay for the tickets in advance and they will save us our own PRIVATE theater. I was also thinking about incorporating the fund-raiser in this but we will discuss that later.

I have a follow-up meeting on Thursday and I will give everyone another update.

Very exciting stuff!!!

6. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    I will drag people in off the street if I have to so we can get the big theater!!
    I think we can do it. We're a dedicated bunch! :)
    And what are the chances you can get the rest of us a private AOTC trailer screening with the volume jacked????????? I want one!
    AAAGH! You just HAD to tease us, didn't you???
    :D

7. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for setting all of this up whojedi. I am crazy excited about the "exclusive" screening. See you in line!

8. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    That's good news because I've realized that I've got to up the number of tickets I would like to at least ten. I'm here to help. ;)

9. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Hey if every member brought 5 people, we'd have 300. I don't think this will be a problem.

As soon as you get the information, send me an organized copy and I will set you up with a page on the website :)

10. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Excellent, great thought Cari!!! All of the sudden, the big theater is not looking so big!

11. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Scrap that.
    I'll need 6 tix.

12. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Filling that theatre will not be a problem. I already have definites from almost all my people. Heck I may need more. So really now it's just looking like we should hope that we won't have overflow. :) This is so going to rock. Great job you're doing Jay!

13. GregTheGotal

GregTheGotal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    I would like 5 tickets, please.

14. The_Dark_Snack

The_Dark_Snack Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    We will need at least 2 tickets(maybe as many as 6-10). I will know exact amounts later.

15. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    MAJOR UPDATE...

Here we go. We are confirmed for our own PRIVATE theater for the midnight showing at the General Cinema Greenwood 14 Theater just south of the Greenwood Park Mall. We can have their largest theater if we can get at least 280 tickets sold (it is a 300 seat theater).

For those of you not familiar with the theater, with the exception of the IMAX, the screen in our theater is the largest in the city. DTS Surround Sound and all stadium seating. All we have to do is collect the ticket fees before they go on sale so that we can purchase them all at the same time when they do go on sale, which will probably be a week or two before the release.

In addition, the theater reps are allowing us to put up our Indy Knights banner during the line-up as well as hand out business cards.

Even sweeter, they are going to allow us to put our Reiley Fund Raiser Buckets (to collect donations) on their concession stands during the line-up. Also, we are working on two other HUGE, HUGE, HUGE things that I am not at liberty to mention here on the boards. So, be at the April general meeting. ;)

So now it is time to talk to every person you know so that we can get the large theater. Big props to Tom for the hook-up. Now lets sell some tickets!!!

Jay

16. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    WhoPimp!
    That is sweet. Count me in and in Costume for handing out Biz Cards. If you need any help, let me know!!!!!

Late,

TK 616

17. whojedi

Nov 14, 2001
    Excellent, I will bank on you being in uniform. The mall might want to get involved as well so you might have to make some appearances over there as well. But, I have a feeling you will be able to handle it.

And in the immortal words of TK-616...

Late,

Whopimp

18. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    This sounds like a sweet deal. I'm in. I'll see if any of my friends or family would be interested.

19. leedega

leedega Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Count me in for sure. I will need at least 4 tickets for sure right now. Probably more as time goes on. I have a large group to solicit in case we run short of the 280, but that doesn't sound like a problem.

20. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Niiiiice.

Good work Jay!

[image=http://www.sportg.com/brian/pics/goodjob.jpg]

21. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    THanks Jay. This is going to be awesome!

22. Jades_Hand

Jades_Hand Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm in and so far I'll need 3 tickets.

23. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Oh yea, oh yea - this is going to be AWESOME!!!!!! :D

24. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Count me in for 10 tickets! 300..here we come!!

25. Qui-John

Qui-John Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 1999
    Call me a prognosticator. :)

Any of you old fogeys remember this? (Take a look at the last post...!) ;)

It's nice to see that some dreams do still occasionally come true. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.