main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC released on DVD and VHS Nov.12th

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    And besides, everybody knows it's ESB! :)

2. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
  3. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    btw- the Boston Rebels sign in made of one peice of computer paper

there's always paper cuts....

and yes empire strikes back would be my preferred movie in the original trilogy too. it's so money.
    my personal favorite line: "general veers, prepare your men for a surface attack."

4. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Damn, i just realized: I have to buy this and the Extended Edition of LOTR on the same day! [face_plain]

5. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    mmm...copy of star wars gamer #10 on the way...
    mmm....zahn

6. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Zahn is the man. My alter-ego thought so too.

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey Mara,

Watch Swingers much?

;)

8. DarthMeatloaf

DarthMeatloaf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    >and yes empire strikes back would be my preferred movie in the original trilogy too. it's so money.
    >my personal favorite line: "general veers, prepare your men for a surface attack."

Mara, I believe the line is:

Vader: (Talking to Admiral Ozzel) Prepare your troops for a surface attack. (Turns to General Veers, who is standing to Vaders left side) General Veers! Prepare your men!

It's my third favorite line out of all the movies, so I remember it exceptionally well.

I just can't stand to see a perfectly good line recited wrong. :D

9. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I couldn't agree with Grand Admiral's post about the PT and its magic and so on more! I love the PT and the OT. They are both great! AOTC is the second greatest star wars film yet if not the best! I agree with everything he says and i'm sick of those who don't like the PT but call themselves star wars fans. I respect opinions but I think it has no basis. It all fits and they have the same magic and greatness with some new feelings and plotpoints. Thats because it is a different time and place of the story and the plot is in motion (towards the OT). I hope people understand this, haha. And I too look at is a saga as opposed to 2 trilogies. And its a great saga at that. Anyways, I just got FOTR on dvd, sweetness. I can't wait to get the extended edition. But I especially can't wait for AOTC on dvd!

10. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    Mara, I believe the line is:

Vader: (Talking to Admiral Ozzel) Prepare your troops for a surface attack. (Turns to General Veers, who is standing to Vaders left side) General Veers! Prepare your men!

It's my third favorite line out of all the movies, so I remember it exceptionally well.

I just can't stand to see a perfectly good line recited wrong.

actually...that's another line in the movie.
    the one I'm thinking of happens when vader opens his hyperbaric medical chamber and admiral ozzel has just dropped out of lightspeed.

Lord Vader: What is it general?
    General Veers: My lord, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed. Comscan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the Hoth system. The field is strong enough to deflect any bombardment.
    Lord Vader: The rebels are alerted to our presence. Admiral Ozzel came out of lightspeed too close to the system.
    General Veers: He felt surprise was wiser...
    Lord Vader: He's as clumsy as he is stupid. General, prepare your troops for a surface attack.
    General Veers: Yes, my lord.

Admiral Ozzel: Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed and we're preparing to agh!-
    Lord Vader: You have failed me for the last time admiral. Captain Piett,
    Captain Piett: Yes, my lord?
    Lord Vader: Make ready to land our troops beyond their energy field and deploy
    the fleet so that nothing gets off the system. You are in command now Admiral Piett
    Admiral Piett: Thank you, Lord Vader.

but thank you for pointing out that I stated the line incorrectly. it's "general" instead of "general veers" and "troops" instead of "men". this scene is my favorite in the empire strikes back

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Well done Mara!!

Your newbie status just went up!!

12. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    -=puzzled=- never saw swingers...when I say "mmm...." I am of course imitating the great homer simpson

-=blushes=- aww..thanks Roy

sidenote: I went back to edit the entry because I felt that the admiral in "admiral piett" should be emphasized but it won't let me anymore...

sidenote numero dos: my copy of star wars gamer #10 has arrived. how glorious indeed!

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Damn Mara, that was impressive! :D
    //claps loudly

14. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Mara: I know the mmmm reference. My question about Swingers was related to your use of the term "money".
    I'm trying to figure out how someone that didn't watch the movie picked it up. It's not exactly common usage around here...is it? Maybe I've finally become un-hip. LOL!
    But I've been using it for 5 years or so since I saw the movie. Go rent it! :D

15. MaraJade75

Jul 24, 2002
    oh I think I picked money up from so kid at Dartmouth. he seems like the type who'd enjoy swingers. he really likes the big lebowski -he does a really good jesus quintana impression. incidentally I'm a fan of the big lebowski.

16. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i liked that movie...i just like the oolie guy (i think that's how you spell it)..i know someone who laughs like him "heeee heee heee"

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I did it! I officially own a copy of AOTC widescreen format on DVD! I pre-ordered it from amazon.com for $17! I can't wait till November!

18. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    I really don't see the point of pre-ordering. I'll just walk into Best Buy on the 12th and buy them both, in widescreen of course :D

Edit: I love having a job :D

19. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah,the pre-order thing I never understood.

I alway get the releases I want the day they come out with no problems at all!

20. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah i walk into best buy and buy the movies too

the best deal i ever got on a DVD was harry potter, widescreen, for only $10 at compusa.

hehe joe i love having a job too...er sometimes :p

21. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    oh well. I just thought it was a good deal since it normally costs $29. I just saved a couple $.

22. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Perhaps it was.
    FOTR was only 15$ at Best Buy the first week. Then they jacked the price...worst buy...

23. Mandalorian_Warrior

Apr 19, 2002
    Yes, having a job has its ups and downs. But I have an easy and flexible job and its easy. Getting a paycheck everweek far outweighs the bad! :D

Ya, the preorder thing is stupid. I have always walked into Best Buy or any other store and gotten what I wanted no problem, especially with a movie like Episode 2 where they are sure to have a huge display with a constant supply to fill it up as they sell.

Edit: Leah, they just say its normally 29 bucks. Its 19.95.

24. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, once in awhile you actually get a nifty bonus for pre-ordering from a specific store.
    And sometimes (like with Grand Theft Auto 3) you have to pre-order otherwise good luck finding it on release day. But I'm sure AotC won't have that problem.

25. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    MaraJade75, I agree w/ you on many of your previos points, especially w/ the idea that the JC Forums are for people to express their opinions without having people shoot them down. Many of the people in this forum are way to critical about other's opinions.

I also don't get the same feel from the PT that I get from the OT. Mind you I am 17 and hardly one to claim that "this generation" doesnt deserves its own SW Trilogy because it belongs to the generations of late 70's/arly 80's.

Of coure I will want to own AotC on DVD, and do own TPM DVD, but they deffiantly don't live up to the OT.

Now you can call me ignorant and tell me that because it's a different time and more formal and deal w/ it, but I KNOW these things.

It's the informality of the OT, the hard times of the timeline of the OT that MAKE IT SW. The PT, at least the first two movies, obviosly can't have this feel just because of thier timeline.

I disagree w/ anyone who says the PT has better plotlines because they're deeper and more complex. Just because I have to miss 1/2 the movie racking my brain to unravel a complex plot doesn't make it a good movie. It makes it hard to enjoy. ANH didn't have this problem. The plot was simple and clearly stated. The same thing w/ ESB and RotJ.

And here's the simple plain facts (according to me) of PT vs. OT:

Star Wars, The Original Trilogy was cool because it was.

Star Wars, The Prequal Trilogy was cool because we want it to live up to our expectation of the OT.

I think that for what it's worth, the PT is an okay duo of movies, worthy of my time and money. However they are far under SW par and we're probably better off w/ out them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.