main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Lemme get this straight.

The admins pretended to be GL, correct? And a group of users actually thought GL, in the flesh, was posting here? Without ANY foreknowledge, evidence, or official confirmation? All the while getting no notice from TFN, Josh Griffin, or most of the admins? With GL busting his butt (figuratively) as we speak on post-production E2? Even though GL systematically shuns all fan sites?

The only thing the admins have to apologize for is poor execution.

2. viper_stew

viper_stew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 14, 2001
    Hama didn't apologize because he thinks you were all right about this being such a cruel thing. He apologized to put the fire out....so CHILLLLLL

3. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Hama should not even be a mod here, says I, for he is irresponsible and obviously has a lack of common sense. Why should the decesion go to fanforce? His stupid prank did not affect them.

4. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Hama wasn't irresponsible, he was one of us, unlike Chy, or DarthCleo, he was down in the threads, interacting like anormal person, while all the while keeping peace. He's done nothing wrong in executing the prank.

5. Dark Lord of the Jedi

Dark Lord of the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Ack! I feel so used! ;)

Now I look like an idiot... not that I didn't before :D

ahh, no harm, no foul, Hama. :)

6. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    I'd have to agree with Pyrus.

This is lame. It should not even be an issue. A practical joke gone wrong is not a bannable offense, unless there was flaming involved (did not happen), someone got hacked (did not happen), or there was logging of chats and massive thread deletion (did not happen and already proven not to be a bannable offense).

7. Zorg

Zorg Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    "Get Bent"
    That was My initial reaction/impulse was just anger because i was made a fool of because i went out of my way to contact people to see this.
    Now i did say initial..Now that a couple of days have gone i feel that someone who puts in effort As an RSA of FanForce cannot be considered as just another troll because Hama actually isnt and having over 1000 posts goes to prove that.I know we all agree that it was miss timed joke ,i know i wouldve laughed if this happened on April fools day..so lets just leave it as someone with bad timing,because we all know the essence of a good joke is Timing which didnt happen this time around.
    Hama ive moved past all this so have many others,hopefully the powers that be can be forgiving as well.
    Move along
    Move along :)

8. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    hama needs to be brought back up to manager again.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    He's still a manager... right?

Just banned himself... right?

10. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Uh...no. Hama is demoted to mod.

All of you do realize that if an ordinary member had pulled a stunt like this they would have been IP banned, no questions asked. WHy does Hama get special treatment?

11. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Woah, you're dreaming, Skyler. I'm against much more castigation of Hama but you'd have to be a fool to think he's getting manager priviledges anytime soon.

12. Ysanne_Isard2100

Ysanne_Isard2100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2001
    Look, ok, I don't care if Hama gets banned or not. Right now there is a bigger issue at hand, I'm afriad. I have been banned, my topics have been locked or destroyed, and basically my rights have been ABUSED!!! I have used no foul language, and have tried to be as un-flame-like as possible. All I have wanted to do is try to post a petition (no, not in this thread, a whole new topic, what's so freakin wrong about that?)and me, and my friends, and several other people have been forbidden to. BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY!!?? We wanted a petition, and were not allowed to post it! This alarms and angers me more than you can know. We wanted to post our thoughts and were forbidden to. I call this abuse of power!!! And it discusts me that even here, in a little fan forum like this something like this would have to happen.

13. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Yikes. I can see closing it since it was "redundant" but banning is harsh, ecspecially since it didnt violate any rules. Ask one of the Staff about it, like Joshua Griffin or Darthcleo.

14. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Did you ask the mods/admin why your petition was not allowed. I understand that certain kinds of petitions are not allowed, like most petitions. I think the only ones so far I've seen have been a petition for PeterMayhew to appear in ep3 and a petition for smileys which cleo is bringing back. Other than those, I am of the understanding that petitions are not allowed. I may be wrong. This is a private board and operated under their guidelines. The admin/mods just enforce the rules established.

15. Ysanne_Isard2100

Feb 27, 2001
    What bull. Jeez, these admins would have you think they're tha almighty rulers of the world. What the HELL is wrong w/ petitions? Is this Nazi Germany or something? I am sick of being pushed around, banned, erased, lectured at and so forth. Why do you poeple have such a problem letting us express our opinions? What kind of a plce is this?

16. Rainie

Rainie Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    Okay, calling this place "Nazi Germany" because your thread was locked is *way* out of line. That's not a comment to be taken lightly, not even kind of.I'm assuming your thread was locked because Hama already apologized and banned himself until further notice, and a petition would just stir everybody up even more than they are already. What all this boils down to is that it was a joke. Apparently a bad joke, from how people are reacting. Perhaps bad judgement, because we're supposed to trust mods/admins, etc. But come on here, this is the internet. Even if it is a mod or an admin, it's too easy to lie and fool people and even be fooled. So just let it go.

edit: all that I've just said has prob'ly been said and repeated many times over. It's just that everybody is talking past each other because everybody has their own opinion on this, and of course everybody assumes that their opinion is right.

17. Ysanne_Isard2100

Feb 27, 2001
    Ok, here's my philosophy on things...Everyine goes after the big causes (like world peace and stuff) so there's no one left to go after the little injustices of the world. That's where I come in. And this IS becoming serious *because* of the injustices. So maybe this is just one miniscule niche on the internet, but iut happens to currently be MY little niche, and I take stuff like this seriously. So sue me. Or ban me. But I don't care, because it is my opinion the admins are jerking us around, and they have no right to do that.

"Possunt quia posse videntur" (They have power only because they are believed to have power.)
    Just think about it

18. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    what was your petition about?

19. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Dude, *shakes head*

Instead of emailing the admins and rationally discussing your problem with us, you say we're 'jerking you around'...... mature buddy...

"... ban me..."

Ok then! :D

20. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    i didn't ban you, but if I had to guess why, I would say it was for spamming redundancy when *we* already said that *we* and the tfn staff would be handling this. Your input, while precious, is not needed. It only serves to stir more trouble. We know all the facts already.

21. Sarris

Sarris Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2001
    Maybe it's not needed...but why is it forbidden? That is what I don't understand. If you admins would stop banning and editing everything that I write, and let me give my *input* maybe I would stop this. In fact, I know I woudl.
    I do not understand why you feel you must cover this up and try to convince the JC it never happened...I know this issue is no linger about Hama...I know what happened to him, and I am not upset any longer. What I am upset about now is the reaction from certain other admins (one in particular that I will not name). I found it juvinile, and disturbingly nasty.
    And btw, my thread wasn't redundant. This thread was Hama's "Apology"...I was starting a totally seperate thread as a petition (which is now, of course, moot) to get Hama demoted. He and his cronies hurt a lot of people, and I didn't think just an apology was enough. As it turns out, I got what I wanted, but that was after I was publicly embarrassed by that admin I will not name, and banned, and my opinions were buried and hidden, as were all others who had slightly anti-admin feelings. So what's the big deal if we wanted a petition? What's such a big deal about hiding all this from the public?

22. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Discussions *are* going on.

What's being said?

That's none of your business at this time.

So relax, and realize that you have no control over what is going on here. Give us some time to do our jobs before assuming that nothing is happening.

23. Sarris

Sarris Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2001
    heh, when you put it that way, I am almost willing to believe you.
    Perhaps I will wait and see what all you work out...

Let's hope it is to the satisfaction of all the JC members that have been dissilusioned by all that has transpired here.

24. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Pyrus, can you say, AOL?

:(

25. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Somebody needs to explain to this person that this isn't a democracy.

The moderators don't answer to the members, they answer to TF.n

If the mods had to constantly explain themselves to the members then this place would become overrun with crybabies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.