main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Hi.

I'd like to offer this place as an alternative. There is room for a lot of people inside, and if the weather is nice, you can also eat outside. It's cheap and damn good. I'm not 100% sure, so you veggie eaters might want to CALL to check, but I think they have a vegie burger.

Bartley's Burger Cottage
    Copy and Paste

http://boston.citysearch.com/profile/4745713?cslink=search_name_noncust&ulink=search__searchslot1_1__0_profile_2_1

EDIT: Here's their Website

EDIT 2: Looking at their menu, they have veggie burgers and sandwiches and other assorted things.

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Looks pretty neat. If I get up early enough tomorrow, I'll check it out while job-hunting. :D

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hello Justin, welcome to the boards! I don't believe we have any Rebel Legion members here. Hopefully we'll catch you at EFF! And I hope you can make one of our meets sometime. :)

You should come drop by our "Random Thread" so we can talk more without derailing the meet discussion too much here. ;)

The burger place sounds fine to me. Any objections to making that our lunch spot? More suggestions?

4. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    If we go to the burger place, I don't think we should meet there, cuz it's not visible from Harvard Square. It's just down the street. Probably the best place to meet is right out front of the main T location.

5. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Sorry you can't make it Roy. Hope you have fun in Florida.

Oh I will ;) :D

6. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I checked out Bartley's this afternoon. The food's great, the group seating is better, the interior decor is darn tootin', and the menu is amusingly irreverent. ;) However, there is one bump: According to the cashier, the line usually stretches all the way to the Harvard bookstore on a Saturday afternoon. So maybe if a few of us show up a little early to nab a table...

7. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Uh-oh....if it's that busy, maybe smewhere else would be better.

8. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, this meet seems to be thick with backup plans - p'raps we can devise another one if it's too packed. ;)

9. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Stay on target... stay on target... Almost there...

I think we need to stop second-guessing ourselves and say, "Dammit, this is what we are doing." Then if things happen (crowded restaurants, crazy bums, etc) at the meet, we can decide what to do then.

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The reason I worry about choosing a place at the time of the meet is because I worry about people being able to find us, that's all. If someone is running late and tries to meet us there, it will suck if we've already moved on someone else. But you're right, we need to pick a place. Let's stick with the burger place. If it's too busy, we'll go somewhere else.

If anyone is worried about getting lost or being late and not being able to find us, PM me and I will give you my cell phone number.

And remember, if the weather is terrible for being outside, our backup plan is the aquarium. :)

11. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I like Chris's idea of sending scouts on ahead to see about the burger place, and perhaps reserve us a place.

12. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Bartley's is going to be crazy and slow at lunch on a Saturday, but hey, it's worth a try.

I know somebody mentioned Bombay Club a while back. There's another Indian restaurant around that I'm fond of, Café of India. All-you-can-eat Indian brunch buffet, $12 on Saturdays. It's good stuff.

I really should make it to this one.

-Paul

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    See, the problem with "reserving a place" is that we never actually know who's going to show up for the meet. Restaurants aren't crazy about reserving you a spot when most of your party isn't already there. It's not that I don't trust you guys, but many times in the past people have said that they would come but then didn't show up for some reason or another.

14. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Whatever works.

What time are we meeting at?

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Noon, as far as I know.

16. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    All you can eat Indian food, eh? Vindaloo! :)

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Vindaloo indeed! For those of you who don't know about my Indian food obsession...I'm always up for Indian food. :D

18. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Don't think I've ever had it.....

19. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I was in Allston the other day, and i walked up North Harvard Ave. to Harvard Square. Just a few blocks from the Square is the river, and there's pretty green areas. We could have a picnic, or play something there.

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    You've never had Indian food? [face_shocked] The horror! We'll have to fix that sometime. ;)

I'm up for outdoorsy activities by the river if the weather is nice. Let's hope we get lucky.

21. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I'm still up in the air as to whether I can come or not.

22. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    I'm in like Flynn. :D Train tix are here, today was payday, I don't have to work on meet day...even though the field-hockey team is playing at Harvard that day, but some other twerp nabbed that trip...

Nevertheless, life is good! ;)

23. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    So far, so good for me.

I'll probably have to catch an earlier train in to meet at noon.

I should look at the schedules soon.

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I think I can come.

Where is everybody meeting again??

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Tony, how about those map skills of yours? We're meeting in front of the T station, but the Harvard Square station is huge so showing it on a street map will help in case someone comes up the wrong way. :)

Tony informed me yesterday that there is a free Third Eye Blind concert later that afternoon. Would anyone be up for that? Tony, can you post details about that please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.