main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY April Meeting-major decisions to be made-please read

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BubaFatt, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm not sure but i would bet that ILM and Skywalker Sound have a hand in IRON MAN somewhere and the bowling alley at Metropolis has a STAR WARS pinball machine.So it looks like they are/could be STAR WARS events.I'm awesome!!

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Willis, thankfully someone else understands what we're trying to put out there. I think it's a great opportunity to help the club do more great things and not have as much stress on Bubba and Chris.

Nardo, I figured only adding one person to the hierarchy, even in a support role, would cause more waves than proposing a small group of dedicated helpers. But if the group would rather see an individual I would be honored to take the part. However I still believe that a small group would be much more beneficial to the club.

3. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I feel that something definitely needs to be done to take a lot of the pressure for events and such off of Bubba and Chris. One idea, kinda like the council thing, is instead of having five people and the two presidents, maybe we should have a triumvirate (rule of three). Bubba, Bower, and a third person to help take on some of the responsibilities. They could share responsibilities, or divide them up based on category, i.e., Bower is the public face of the club, Bubba talks to sponsors or whatever, and the third person does whatever needs to be done. Just thought I'd throw this out there for people to chew on.

4. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I just really think things will run smoother as either a triumverate (cause that's fun to say!) or a VP thing in addition to the co-presidency. Same thing either way to me. But only if these people delegate. I think that is the best way to accomplish more in our group. Of course that is my opinion. But I move that we vote on that option! Can I get a second? Or a so say we all? (again, just because it's fun to say...lol)

5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
  6. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmmmm, Founder - President - Vice President

Grand Moff, Grand Admiral, Moff

Fitting.

I would think such a chain of command would work much better. Leaves any 'politics' to be worked out between just the three of them.

7. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    If we do decide to go with a 3rd person to form a triumvirate(that is such an awesome word), it should be put up to a vote of the club. No one should really be appointed, mainly because this is a major change, and the group as a whole should decide. Maybe we can take nominations or volunteers before the meeting, or at the meeting, and then have a secret ballot to vote on them. And just because we have a triumvirate, doesn't mean we can't have other members with responsibilities of their own.

8. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    I agree. Other members should definitely take a role in helping out. I can see the burden of getting ready for events and any other help can be delegated to volunteers without holding an election. But again, that just needs to be put to a vote instead of decided by a few. And Val, I think everyone does understand what you were trying to implement to help. Not just Willis. It's just that some of us have a differing opinion on what the most efficient way to help would be. And I most definitely think (which I know it has already been decided to) it needs, and should have been, put to a vote. And since that has been seconded and so forth, I am totally down with whatever is decided by the club. All I have to do now is entice you to see it my way with...... THESE DELICIOUS AND MOIST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES......all you have to do is agree with me....and they can be yours....MWAHAHAHA Mine is an evil laugh...

lol ;)

9. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Isn't that like taking a bride? Ok I'm in. :)

MMMMMM Peanut Butter Cookies.

Ah if the way to a mans heart is through his stomach, I'm rocking a set of barn doors.

And it doesn't matter if it is a council of 3 or 5 or whatever, or if we elect one person. As long as we have someone or ones that are designated to be the helper/s and go to person for help. Not a replacement or a barricade, just a 3rd option.

10. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Yeah, I just meant like adding someone to help Bubba and Bower. Of course, it also has to be decided I guess if Bubba is going to stay in office and Bower officially being co-prez or something. I hate to just assume all of that, but I haven't heard otherwise either. I dunno. *insert shrug here*

11. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Rule by three. I really think that's a great idea....right, Zod, you ol' tool?

[image=http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/Demonictutormd1/zod1.jpg]
    "Why do you say this to me, when you know that I will kill you for it?"

12. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    [image=http://www.joekool.net/images/myspace/kneel_before_zod.jpg]

Come to me Sons of the Sith, KNEEEEEEEEEL before Zod!!!

[image=http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6284/vlcsnap289943nu.jpg]

13. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    I think the three should have to wear v-necked jumpsuits like that. LMAO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.