main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ForceMedic, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    An April first meeting in Harrisonburgh has been proposed.
    All in favor say, Aye!

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
  3. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Also, whoever is familiar with the area please list some places we could have a meeting so that I can get directions, general prices, etc.

I would like to be able to post where we are going to meet and when by this Tues at the latest so that it can be on the main page for a couple of days.

4. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Theres plently of places downtown. The Artful Dodger, Mainstreet Bar and Grill, theres Ham's, Applebees, The Pub, Chili's, these are just stuff on the top of my head. Like I said in the other thread, golookon.com has a list of everything in town.

5. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    What about that really good hot dog place ... Jess's, I think it's called?

6. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Jess's has two locations one downtown and one on East Market Street. The only thing is that its a very small place, both locations, with very little parking.

7. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah, it would be a bit of a tight fit, especially if it's busy. I don't think I've ever been to The Artful Dodger, but my cousins have said good things about it.

8. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Thats downtown, but once again theres the parking issue. downtown Harrisonburg has narrow streets, with only metered parking, theres one thing I realized around here, the closer you are to JMU, the more parking there is...

9. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    True. Where would you recommend? You live there, I only visit a few times a year.

10. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Personally, I've only really been to Applebee's, Chili's, and Ham's under its old name. I've heard from others that The Pub has real good food, then theres that Billards place behind the Golden Carrol. There's Valley Lanes, The go-karts/batting cages on Evelyn Byrd, theres the Fun Zone next to campus (behind the CCM house).

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The fun zone sounds cool. hehehehe, but then again thats me. I'm trying to think where i used to hang out but that was years ago. Back when i went to EMU. What does the fun zone have in it? We could also have a meetin at a eatin place then head to a movie afterwards.

12. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    to be honest, im really not sure. ive never been there. but from what i heard its your common rollar rink

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    If Fun Zone has laser tag, I'm game.

14. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I wish I can say that they do, but I'm really not sure, as that I havent heard anyone going there for it. And plenty of on-campus groups go, especially those Rushing Fraternities and Soroties.

15. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Bummer.

The bowling alley sounds like fun, too.

16. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    The bowling is pretty cool, they have bowling, billards, and an arcade. The only thing is that they love to have leagues there. Last three times I tried going, there were no lanes due to leagues. But their cosmic bowling is really cool.

I also forgot about You Made It! Which is a paint your pottery place, but once again thats downtown.

17. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Thats what stinks about bowling, everytime ive gone unless i made arrangements ahead of time its always league day. Anyway, we can always do the simple thing of dinner and a movie. I talked to one of the twins and they are game for whatever. Anyway, with the twins inmy car and one other person thats comin, I won't be able to haul anyone else. but we still have a decent week or two to finalize plans.

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah, let's keep it simple. Dinner is a must, but what? Let's try and narrow it down.

When you say 'movie', do you mean going to the cinema, or just watching a DVD?

19. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Unless Jediangela wants us to crash her place. Im thinking cinema. I always love watchin movies on the big screen anyway.

20. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I dont think my roommates would like that very much, lol. Plus the people above me love to move furniture nightly, and the people below us play music all night long, and shakes the walls.

21. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    And my cousin Lori would throw a fit.

Hmmm, what to see. That Hoyt's has a kickin' sound system.

22. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004

Just some info about the places mentioned.

This is the Fandago's listing for the Regal 14 Cinemas in Harrisonburgh. It has a small box in the up nav bar that lets you change the date. I figured we could look through whats playing there and decide on what we want to see before we get there.

This place seems to be more of a party hangout than resturant.
    Main Street Bar & Grill Menu

Padow's Hams does sound nice, the box lunch concept might work well for us. Also they have a lot of choices on the menu.

The lady at Fun Zone says no laser tag, sorry!

Hey the laser tag got me thinking, how about making one of our summer 'meetings' a laser tag or paintballing expidition?

23. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    That lineup works for me, ForceMedic.

Laser-tag or paintball would be great this summer.

24. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I probably know one or two people that work at Ham's. The only thing is that after 10:00 on Saturday nights, you have to be over 21 to get in. Actually I just saw that they now accept Flex there, which is sweet. Someplaces actually give specials if you use flex. *wonders about that*

There are actually two Ham's in town. I was talking about the one on University BLVD, across from the mall.

25. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Well, anything over 21 is defenately out due to we have two members under 21. But our meeting will be early enough not to hit the major Sat. night crowd. But we will have to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.