main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the true fans the ones that point out all the flaws or are they the ones that like the prequels?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by sdj, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    I swear, this thread is a Jerry Springer episode in the making... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"You don't know me!! I'm fiiiinnnne!!"

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Some do Durwood. It's unfortunate. If the PT is great, it can stand for itself.

3. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I wasn't referring to you, Durwood. The guilty ones know who they are.

Damn dial-up! :mad:

4. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Ah, I see...

5. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I know the answer to this post!!!

True fans fight with each other over which fan is truer! [face_laugh]

Or is this a rhetorical question.... :D

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    What you have to remember is that there are a lot of people out there that like the PT. Does that mean there dumb for liking the PT? I think not there open minded and for many of them it is there 1st SW. So after they see the ask a lot of things about it. Then theyare shown the OT and some of those things they asked are answered. Again don't tell them they can't like it or that they are not SW fans. Say oh you like the AOTC and it's the 1st SW you saw. Hey let me show you more. Yes we have a new Fan. :D Then when the 1st fans are all dead and gone there will still be fans out there that like it becasue they saw the TPM or AOTC. I don't think anyone here wants SW to die? Do they?

7. OgiBenDagi

OgiBenDagi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    I think you may have nailed it Punisher :)

8. OgiBenDagi

OgiBenDagi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2002
    sniffle.....I'm gonna die?

9. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes I now we will all die sad but ture. :_| But that is way we the 1st fans of SW have a chance to make new SW fans. Lets not loss that chance by telling them there not SW fans becasue they like the PT. Oh and OgiBenDagi sorry to tell you the bad news. :(

10. Forty-SixAnd2

Forty-SixAnd2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    >An adhominem attack from a basher in response to a well reasoned and thought provoking post. Gee, I'm shocked.<

I think you need to look up "ad hominem." What I posted can't be considered an ad hominem attack at all. I'm simply telling you what I think is going on with you. I'm not making this theory of mine up out of nothing. Your posts suggest you give a passing grade to pretty much every little thing in the PT and are willing to reach as far as you have to to defend each and every thing "bashers" complain about...even if it's a defense on the level of "Maybe it sucks a little, but it's supposed to, so just embrace it and be a true SW/Lucas fan like me." That's not an exact quote, but it's very much in the spirit of many of your posts. Based on that evidence, I think you're intent on adoring and accepting pretty much anything Lucas tells you to. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way. But it's no ad hominem attack. It's merely my impression of you after becoming familiar with the things you tend to write.

11. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    (Punisher grabs his sniper rifle and begins looking for a tall building or belltower....)

I'm joking, of course.
    (Please read the preceding line in that snotty voice Kitster uses on Padme in the Pod Racer hangar.)

12. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    So whats the difference between those of us who overlook the flaws of the prequel trilogy and those of us who overlooked the flaws of the classic trilogy?

13. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    True fans don't try and bring the quality of the OT by suggesting it is as flawed as a film with Jar Jar, Panaka, Boss Nass, Ben Q, Two-head, conehead, longneck, Natalie Woodman and baby Darth Vader.

I find it odd that we have fans who actually saw the original SW in the theatres and loved it and then we get groups of teeny boppers come along years later to claim that they are not fans. What a joke.

When a character like Ben Quadrinaros can exist in my SW Universe, I just pull out my old tapes of ANH, TESB and ROTJ. If people want to glorify crap then by all means go ahead.

14. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    This is downright nasty, people. And 46-2, "There's no way your taste could be this bad on its own," is a flame, and it's against the rules. The rest of the thinly veiled insults around here could be considered, at least, trolling.

Mods?

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    So I guess very one does want SW to die out. Sad real it is very sad. Ok lets just keep pushing people away form SW. OT fans are right. PT sucks all new fans who like the PT are not SW fans. Fans of EU same for you. But do we real want that to happen? If so then let us all go to GL and tell him not to make EP3? But I hope that never happens I want my kids to be able to see this and there kids and so on. Thats what we should be going for. we are all fans so lets get new ones so the CLUB will be even bigger. :D

16. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Hawk, if some "SW fans" want to dismiss the prequels outright as "crap" then so be it. Not everyone can see why we love it, just as not everyone could see why we loved ANY of these films. I would expect a fan would want to figure out what is great about the prequels instead of always trying to find new reasons to not enjoy them, but hey it takes all kinds right?

17. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    So whats the difference between those of us who overlook the flaws of the prequel trilogy and those of us who overlooked the flaws of the classic trilogy?

Good taste? 8-}

Sorry, couldn't resist, I tried, but the urge was too powerful. ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say it's good to see that they resended the "no B vs. G" policy in the AOTC Forum. Hopefully, this topic won't turn into a gaint flame-war.

18. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Folks, let's keep this discussion civil. It's headed downhill and fast approaching lockage.

19. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    There is no this group or that group we are all SW fans. We should all be happy that more people maybe become fans of SW because of the PT. Some did say a lot of them were not around for the 1st three. So let them enjoy the PT and learn about this thing we SW fans like so much. You don't have to like the PT but let us not take it away form people who just found out about SW. I'm asking all SW fans to do that. Let's have SW last for ever and never die. Other flims have dead because the fans would not let any one else in to see why they liked it. Let's not do the same. Heck lets show all the people who don't understand why we like why we do. There many that can't believe there were people that liked the OT. Which is not odd.

20. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    This thing should have been locked from the get-go. It's trolling, plain and simple.

21. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's headed downhill and fast approaching lockage.

Headed Downhill? It's already down at the bottom of the valley having delivered its damage.

I guess Sapient took the rest of the day off?

This thread was a baited one from the beginning, destined to divide.

22. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This argument will stop being used the minute you ((((mature )))out of your
    illusions that what's found in the PT is on the level of the care and thought within the OT.

(edit)

23. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I like the PT and OT...is there something wrong with me??

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    And that's a wrap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.