main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Are you going Sith or Jedi and why? pvp or pve?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DARKMETHOD, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I am going Sith (sith syndicate empire is my guild) and of course pvp server.

Wanted to see what others here are going in the game and why?

I have always loved the Sith and in KOTOR i fell in love with Darth Revan. So i hope to find out what happened to him forsure in the game and explore the darkside of TOR.
    I want to visit the Sith temples most of all. see what teachings i gain using the darkside of the force.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Bounty Hunter because it is without doubt the most awesome class ^^ Kill it with Fire! :D

3. Eone_Bane

Eone_Bane Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    Smuggler and Bounty Hunter.

Might try other classes at some point too.

I prefer PvE but some PvP is okay.

4. Scummy

Scummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Assuming I buy it I'll be going Sith Empire. I'd prefer to go Republic, but I'm playing with some other people and am deferring to the group decision. I imagine I'll make a bounty hunter, but the inquisitor seems fun too. Definitely a PVP server.

Scummy

5. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Empire, of course. My guild is going PvP, and I've never done it before I beta'd the game and it was pretty fun, so PvP it is!

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I'm going to do probably both SI - I like the story, I like the Sith - and JK or Smuggler (very dark in either way) and PvE-RP will be my choice of server.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I won't be preordering, but I'll be getting it later. During beta I did Jedi and PvE. I'd probably do the same again, but I intend to play some Imperial Agent, too.

8. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Sith, definitely. It's always more fun to be the bad guys.

I am leaning towards a PVP server simply because i have never really done one before.

I was gonna go Sith Inquisitor, but that seems to be the flavour du jours, and i fell in love with Bounty Hunter in the second beta, so i think i'm going BH to start.

9. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    If they at least triple the customization and personalization I will be playing :

Empire, because being "good" is boring.

Sith Inquisitor and Warrior, because that's all I care to play as.

PVE, because I dislike playing against other people and their childish inflated ego's.

If they don't expand the customization and personalization, I wont be playing. I wont pay for a game that gives me a grand total of 8 faces to choose from and doesn't have a color chart to pick your own colors. The character creation was utterly lackluster and pathetic in both the beta's I played. Not going to pay for that.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Jedi Consular for me. Though I may not play it strictly by the book. I played the beta and really enjoyed this story. The knight's isn't bad, but I'm also not a tank character. I'm a healer generally when I RP and this class definitely suits me. I tried sith but it's not really for me. Though eventually I might try it. Second after consular would be smuggler for me. I like the idea of just doing things because of the money. I can do nice deeds and still push for more cash. I like that. :p

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Surely you can still do PVP in a PVE server, right?

12. Ferus-Olin

Ferus-Olin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2008
    Haven't fully decided yet. I'm either playing a Jedi or something such as a bounty hunter. It's just not in me to continually pick dark side choices and playing as a "good" Sith is too much of a contradiction for me to handle :p. Naturally, going pvp as well. PVP servers always tend to do better in MMO's.

13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I don't know yet I'm thinking the old fashioned Jedi knight for my taste

14. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    My main is a Sith Juggernaut. Lvl 13 and I just got attuned to the dark side. I like the eye color change and the appearance is tweaked slightly. It's awesome being downright evil. I've got a Jedi Knight and an Imperial Agent too. The Agent class is a lot of fun to play. I'm loving this game and Dromund Kaas is trembling under my presence.

15. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    My main is a Jedi Consular on a PVP server. Originaly I was not going to do PVP, but I rememberd imperial characters cant get to tython or coruscant IE no newbie ganking. I don't mind random fighting encounters, and fighting sith players in the wild seems proper.

I do agree that PVP or any competative game play can spawn overblown egos, but it can also tighten a community and spice up stories.

16. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I'd like to see a breakdown of how many there are of each class in the game. I swear being an Imperial Agent is an endangered species (IA has become my main).

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I think it's pretty likely that Sith & Jedi are the most common. As a Bounty Hunter I have noticed having so far only been in places controlled by the Empire that Imperial Agents are the rarest of the Dark Side characters. As a powertech BH I seem to be vastly outnumbered by Mercenaries.
    Not sure about Republic but I would guess that Smugglers are the minority.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Yup, that's a recurring problem with Star Wars games in which players get to choose their classes. Everyone wants to carry a lightsaber. :p

19. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    [image=http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll340/Sarge221/jediparty.jpg]

**** yeah lightsabers :p

Obviously went for a Consular as not only do they have a lightsaber but I went for the Jedi Sage which has ranged DPS and heals. Focusing on being a healer but with this surprisingly lack of DPS on the Canderous server weeeeeelllllll....

Went PvE not only because it was voted on but...meh...PvP servers. Too many lessons from WoW where I had always played on a PvP server and too many times the only PvP going on were players vastly more leveled and geared then mine swooping in and slaughtering the lowbies just because. Just thought I'd stick to Hutt Ball, War Zones, and other PvP stuff that's a bit more fair...ish :p

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Whatever! I get to double fist with my blasters. :p

21. johnnynod

johnnynod Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Jedi. All the way.

And since I'm going into this with WoW tanking experience, a Jedi Guardian.

And I'll ALWAYS go PvE. No waaaaay I'm going onto a PvP server.

I'm more into *cooperation*, not competition.

And I never get bored of playing the good guy. ;)

22. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I am going Sith as I like playing th bad guy sometimes. I't more fun to me. As for what class, I'm not sure. As far as pvp or pve,not sure which yet.