main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Are you interested in playing Star Wars Minis?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Aug 14, 2007.

?

Are you interested in playing Star Wars Minis?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Huh?

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, TK-2970 and I are planning to stop by UG this Saturday to scope out the minis tourney. Anyone else going to be there?

2. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    Sorry can't go ... it's Summerfest weekend in York, SC ... sister lives there.

Ya know how it is ... [face_beatup]

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    bummer :(

We were hoping to hook up with you. TK-2970 has tomorrow and Saturday off.

4. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    I'll be at Crowders mountain rock climbing...sorry. Y'all have fun though.

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    If it makes you feel any better we will be with you in spirit! We are going to game either at our house or at Border's this evening sometime. Sure do wish you were going to be here with us!! and to top that off I have a house cleaner coming at 3:30 for three hours to work on getting my house a bit cleaner!! YIPPEE!!!!

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We went and scoped out the game at Underground Games today. I also got my box that my friend sent and let's just say :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_dancing]

Finally met jch36 in person . . . he does exist! [face_laugh] :p

It looks like this is going to be fun. :D

7. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    That's good. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

8. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hahahah... yes i do exist.

it was great seeing y'all out today! hope it wasn't too overwhelming or confusing it is a pretty addicting game... or at least i think it is. by the way... your husbands tatoos were pretty amazing. just thought i'd add that. thanks again for coming out, you guys should definately come back out if you have the time.

9. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    :eek: is right. I went through and counted all of them and she sent us 165 minis! And they have never been used! They were all still in their little plasic baggies. It was great that she sent those. I'm psyched now.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So TK-2970 and I finally sat down and played a game of minis. We did it all wrong. [face_laugh] Didn't use force powers or special abilities. 8-} We are going to play again and write down all the questions that we come up with so the "experts" can advise us. [face_batting]

But at least we played! :D

11. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    I stopped by UG the other day to pick up a starter set but they were out of stock. He said he would be getting more this week so I will try and pick one up sometime this week. Glad y'all got a game under your belt Jada.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Belt? I don't wear a belt! [face_talk_hand] :p

I'm going to make an inventory of the minis we have. Good Maker we could outfit the whole group I think! :eek:

13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    addictive :D

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, here is our list of minis. Of course, TK-2970 and I have first choice of our own set. :p But anyone who needs to borrow is welcome to do so. [face_batting]

OK, here is the list. You will see the Name of the Mini, the "Cost" and the # we have. When you run a game [we will probably run either a 100 cost or 150 cost on Sat, Sept 15th] you select your minis based on their cost value. So, I could set up the following if I want to assemble a group of 100 cost points:

Boba Fett 50
    ObiWan 38
    3 Battle
    Droids 12

I'd have a total of 100 cost points and 5 minis in my army. You can have as many or as few minis in your army as long as your cost points add up to 100.

If anyone wants me to email them my Word Doc with the Hit points, Damage points, Collection number, etc on it, PM me. :)

OK, HERE is the collection:

CLONE STRIKE

Name Cost # We have
    Aerial Clone Trooper Captain 23 #1
    ARC Trooper 18 #2
    Captain Typho 18 #1
    Clone Trooper 9 #3
    Clone Trooper 9 #5
    Clone Trooper Commander 13 #2
    Clone Trooper Grenadier 9 #3
    Clone Trooper Sergeant 10 #6
    Agen Kolar 29 #1
    General Kenobi 36 #1
    Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu 18 #2
    Gungan Infantry 9 #3
    Jedi Guardian 11 #2
    Mace Windu 63 #1
    Naboo Soldier 5 #3
    Padmé Amidala 15 #1
    Plo Koon 28 #1
    Qui-Gon Jinn 40 #1
    Yoda 55 #1
    Asajj Ventress 34 #1
    Battle Droid 4 #5
    Battle Droid 4 #8
    Battle Droid Officer 9 #1
    Dark Side Acolyte 16 #3
    Destroyer Droid 30 #1
    Geonosian Drone 3 #4
    Geonosian Overseer 16 #2
    Geonosian Picador on Orray 13 #1
    Geonosian Soldier 9 #2
    Jango Fett 47 #1
    Security Battle Droid 8 #3
    Super Battle Droid 10 #2
    Super Battle Droid 10 #2
    Aqualish Spy 11 #5
    Devaronian Bounty Hunter 12 #4
    Gran Raider 4 #3
    Ishi Tib Scout 14 #3
    Klatooinian Enforcer 7 #5
    Nikto Soldier 5 #4
    Quarren Raider 13 #3
    Rodian Mercenary 9 #1
    Weequay Mercenary 5 #5
    Wookiee Commando 9 #4
    Zam Wesell 45 #1

REBEL STORM

Name Cost # We have
    Bothan Spy 7 # 1
    C-3PO 6 #1
    Chewbacca 24 #1
    Elite Hoth Trooper 12 #1
    Elite Rebel Trooper 7 #1
    Hoth Trooper 7 #1
    Luke Skywalker, Rebel 17 #1
    Rebel Trooper 5 #2
    Rebel Trooper 5 #1
    Wookiee Soldier 7 #2
    Darth Vader, Dark Jedi 55 #1
    Elite Snowtrooper 12 #1
    Elite Stormtrooper 11 #2
    General Veers 21 #1
    Heavy Stormtrooper 12 #2
    Stormtrooper 5 #2
    Stormtrooper 5 #3
    Stormtrooper 5 #2
    Stormtrooper Officer 14 #2
    Sandtrooper on Dewback 15 #1
    Bespin Guard 5 #1
    Boba Fett 50 #1
    Ewok 3 #2
    Gamorrean Guard 9 #1
    Ithorian Scout 6 #1
    Jawa 5 #2
    Quarren Assassin 12 #2
    Tusken Raider 4 #2
    Twi'lek Bodyguard 10 #1
    Twi'ek Scoundrel 7 #3

STARTER SET

Obi-Wan Kenobi 38 #1
    Rebel Captain 21 #1
    Rebel Heavy Trooper 11 #1
    Darth Vader 47 #1
    Elite Stormtrooper 11 #1
    Heavy Stromtrooper 12 #1

MISC

Jedi Guardian 11 #2

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    TK-2970 and I just played another game and used Special Abilities this time 8-} :p. Much more enjoyable.

OK, I'm going to PM hothie &jch36 and see if one of them can answer these questions we came up with:

1. How do you "save" after an attack? Is this only a Force power and cost Force points?

2. When using a Force Ability do you roll an attack AND use a Force Point?

3. If you are on a low object does it take 2 moves to get out of that space?

I'm looking forward to playing again! :D

16. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    OK, with #1, you make a save by rolling the d20. Usually, it will say "save 11", meaning you need to make a roll of 11 or higher to be successful. If it is a Force Power (like lightsaber deflect, for instance), it costs the amount of Force Points (usually 1, you roll for the save, and do whatever it says.)
    Example: Jango Fett attacks General Kenobi. Determine if Kenobi is in cover. He is, so he gets a +4 onto his defense. Jango's attack is a +13, but since he has the Bounty Hunter Special Ability, his attack is now 17. Obiwan's defense is 19, but since he is in cover, he now has a 23 defense, so Jango needs to roll a 6 on the d20 in order to hit(23-17=6.) Jango rolls a 10, so the attack hits. General Kenobi has the Lightsaber Deflect Force Power (when hit by a non-melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11) and has 5 force points. He spends a Force point to attempt to deflect(here is where he makes the save). So Kenobi rolls the d20, and rolls a 14, so the save was successful. Kenobi takes no damage. He now has 4 force points left. If Kenobi would have rolled a 9, the save would not have been successful. He would lose 1 force point AND take the damage.
    But, Jango has Double Attack, so he may attack again if he doesn't move. Jango attacks again, still needing a 6 on the d20 to hit. Jango rolls a 17, so that attack hits. Because Kenobi spent a Force Point on the first attack, he cannot spend Force Points again on Jango's turn, so he has to take the 20 damage. (Characters with Force Points can only spend them once per turn, unless they have a Force power that allows them to spend more, Master of the Force.) Now that Jango's turn is ended, Kenobi is free to spend force points again.

2. I would say be more specific with this question, because there are instances for both yes and no. many times yes, but if you have a character that has "Use the Force" (this character's next attack is a critical hit.) You merely need to say that you are spending the force points, and you're attacking. The attack is automatically a critical hit, so no need to roll the d20. But many times yes. Like for "Lightsaber Assault" (replaces attacks; make 2 attacks.) You spend the force point, but you also have to roll the attacks. You would use this force power if you move and still want to make 2 attacks.

3. No, it only costs 2 to move _into_ a square that has a low object or is difficult terrain. Unless you're moving into a square diagonally, then it costs double. This should be explained in the rule book that came with the starter set.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Actually, what you said pretty much answers my question. :D

Thanks hothie. We are writing down questions as we go. ;)

I made this for the Saturday meeting and am blasting it through myspace:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Book%20Club%20Meetings/septminisgame.jpg]

18. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    In looking at your figs, you already have the figs included in the Rebel Storm and Clone Strike Starter sets, so don't buy those. Did your friend also give you the maps/tiles/etc that came with them?

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes, she did. We have a blank map and then pieces that look like you can create your own map. We'z confuzzled. :p

20. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    the answers to questions 1 and 3 have been for the most part answered. for the 2nd question in dealing with force points. unless it says 'attack' in the special abilities there is no need to roll a d20. example would be if one of your characters had sith rage. which means on this 'attack' he would do an extra 10 damage to target. meaning that you would still have to roll your 'attack' roll and the 10 damage would be tacked on if the 'attack' was successful. hope this answers the question.

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, gotta question on the Bothan Spy:

Grenades -10

Does this mean he has 10 grenades (replaces attacks, range 6;10 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; save 11)

Does this mean that he still rolls? Is the save for the person being attacked? We'z confuzzled. :p

22. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    The tiles are for the blank map. You can make whatever map you want on it.

As for Grenades 10, it replaces the bothan's attack. Instead of attacking, he lobs a grenade at a legal target (targeting rules still apply) within 6 squares. The target and all characters, whether they are friend or foe, adjacent to the target have to make a save of 11, otherwise they take 10 damage. The 10 means it does 10 damage, he has an infinite number of grenades.

It would be useful in a scenario like this: the bothan has an attack of +4, which is kinda pathetic, especially against a stormtrooper that is standing on cover. The stormtrooper's defense is 16, but since it's covered, its defense is now 20. So, the bothan has to roll a 16 or higher in order to hit it (without doing the math, a 25% chance of success). The bothan can move to within 6 of the stormtrooper, who happens to have 2 other stormtroopers adjacent to it, then use a grenade on the target stormtrooper. That stormie has to roll an 11 or higher (a 50% chance of success) to stay alive, AND the 2 other stormies each have to roll 11 or higher, otherwise they die too (because they only have 10 hp, and the grenade does 10 damage). Normally, a bothan can make 1 attack, and possibly kill 1 enemy. With grenades, it has the possibility of killing all 3 in 1 turn if they fail their saves.

Hope that helps.

A good booster/set to buy is the Attack on Endor booster/set. It comes with an AT-ST and 3 troopers, but it comes with 2 double sided maps (so 4 total), which I think would be good for you guys. And it's priced at $20 or less, which is a good buy. Here they go for about $16. You should consider it, if for no other reason than the maps.

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I used the "blank" map to teach my kiddo to play. Without having to deal with cover, low terrain, pits, etc. it was easier to teach her.

And you know what? She almost beat me! :eek:

24. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Johnathan, here are the minis I got in that Force Unleashed booster pack...

Snowtrooper
    Star Destroyer Officer
    Admiral Ozzel
    Ugnaught Tech
    Mon Calamari Medic
    Hoth Trooper Officer
    Telosian Tank Droid

I also had a question. I remember you and the kid you were playing against talking about twitching a character. Can you explain that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.