main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art of the Starfighter @ WRHS event - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    {Jedi Mind Trick mode On} - You will become costumers and join with Detroit. You WILL become costumers and join with Detroit. {JMT mode Off}

Hope you all have a terrific event with Pittsburgh this time! I don't think any of us will be coming down for Round Two since our "mascot", Kenny Baker is in Detroit for a convention that day. We're hoping for an R2 group shot with the man!

Let's try to get something organized for this summer, though.

Regards,
    M.

2. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome Krash. I'll be there. Are we meeting at any particluar place around noonish or 1pm? Should I just look for a group of Jedi Knights, Imperials and other assorted wretched examples of scum and villany?

I first discover theforce.net thanks to a coworker when I was hired for an Internship in '99. I received a bright and shiny laptop with a T1 connection. I also learned you could have multiple windows open at the same time and no one glancing over your shoulder could tell what was on the hidden screens. I've been in and out since then time allowing, think Grad school and 2 jobs. I've discovered SW is one of those addictions that just when you think you're over it a new movie, book, comic or other tidbit comes out and drags you back in.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Are we meeting at any particluar place around noonish or 1pm?...noon, in lobby of WRHS where starfighter is located

Should I just look for a group of Jedi Knights, Imperials and other assorted wretched examples of scum and villany?...you're instincts serve you well

Glad you finally decided to make your presence know in the Force, looking forward to meeting you.

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I'm neither confirming nor denying that I'll be there on Saturday, although I really want to go. I just got a job with McDonald's (yeah, it blows, I know) and I don't know what my schedule will be. I don't think I'll be getting the summer job I had last year again, so until I hear from my old boss I'm gonna try and make some money in the meantime with Mickey D's. I am really broke and need all the money I can get for tuition, so if I'm not off on that day, I've got to work. I'm probably not even going on a trip to my cousin's graduation in Florida now. But if I'm not scheduled I'll come, and see if my bro can too if he doesn't have a game. ;)

Oh, and my check's en route to B's for the T-shirts, so if I don't show up, don't worry, B will have it soon enough.

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    May 17th WRHS event: PITTSBURGH
    Krash
    Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    JarJarJedi
    Mrs_jedi_1966
    MetalliJedi
    DarthDahc
    Rox
    corran_16201
    jedi_1966
    lil'st '66
    ??Random??
    Malo-ha

Random, Nothing wrong with working...McDonalds or otherwise, it's money coming in. I'm starting a 2nd job...with another interview later this week; so free time is at a premium.

In better news, Pittsburgh has people dressing up...if anyone wants to (Cindy) I say go for it!

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Looking forward to meeting you Malo-ha. :) You've been lurking on the JC since '99? Jeez, I could never do that.

In better news, Pittsburgh has people dressing up...if anyone wants to (Cindy) I say go for it!

*Dances* Yay! :) I was going to anyways, but at least I won't be the only one now. ;)

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hello folks of the Cleve.....

well hello anyways

I'll be coming along with my fiancee in "tow". So add two more to the list. I'll be in Emperor's robes and if I can convince my fiancee she may be in my Jedi Robes.

Darth Dach may be in his rendition of Darth Maul robes

Corran should be either dressing as a tie pilot or Corran Horn (Green Jedi robes)

Mrs Jedi_1966 may dress as a jedi. Her "sashes" are blue while the rest is typical jedi garb.

Jedi_1966 isn't sure which to wear either his Tusken raider out fit (for which I'm pulling for) or his traditional Jedi garb.

MetalliJedi is getting new jedi robes as of this day so it will be a surprise to us all.

Rox may be the only one not dressing up in costume.

Oh and the Lil'st Jedi_1966 (their baby) may be in a princess leia like costume.

Look forward to seeing your group.

BTW are we going to go out for eats afterwards? I can't remember and I don't recall seeing it posted in the Pittsburgh thread about this. If so where? (Please PM me as it will be easier for me to check this.)

Thanks.

8. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    HELLO ALL! :)

looks like we have 2 more coming from our direction with us.

Everyone is looking forward to this weekend :) = can't wait to meet all of you guys :)

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Lil'st Jedi_1966 (their baby) may be in a princess leia like costume...that's like Frellin' cute. Padawan92 usually dresses up in Leia costume, but with her new haircut...it might not work.

BTW are we going to go out for eats afterwards
    Yes, it called Dave and Busters...15 minutes west from downtown. Think Chuck E Cheese for grown ups!!! They've got good food, and games (including SW games) And I've already got you hyperspace coordinate from D&B to get you back home already worked out. I've got the special events coordinator's # and I'm trying to score some comp power cards (game tokens) for us...no promises.

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Do you guys think we'll be done with the exhibit by like 2:30? I'd still like to go, but I will most likely have to work at 4:00 and I'd like to give myself enough time to travel home and get ready before work. Which means starfighter action, but no D&B's... (it's not like they didn't burn a hole in my pocket last time, so maybe it's better I don't go anyway). When are we starting and when do we plan on ending?

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    When are we starting and when do we plan on ending?
    NOON...WRHS, followed by D&B whenever we're finished at "starfighter"

So you could still come to WRHS, and have plenty of time to make it to work. It would be cool if you could meet the guys from Pittsburgh.

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    My outfit better work!!!! If not I still will wear it(without the cool hair) :(

I am going to wear it to school tomorrow for a "fashion show" in Spanish class!

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    no - I won't be wearing jedi robes
    no - lil 66 doesn't even have a leia costume

~*~ sorry for the miss info - not sure where the ideas came from ~*~

lil 66 will definately be wearing a rather "unique" costume and I'm still undecided on how I am dressing and the Mr is always a surprise ;)

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    JarJarJedi
    Mrs_jedi_1966
    MetalliJedi
    DarthDahc
    Rox
    corran_16201
    jedi_1966
    lil'st '66
    ??Random??
    Malo-ha
    ??PadawanPadme??

My mom still has to talk to my dad, she probably will come, I hope so, then I don't have to pay. ;) (hehe... save to pay off those Matchbox Twenty tickets... :D)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cool...Mom is going! (you are, you just don't know it ;) )

Anyone who feels like joining up, last minute...we had a really good time with Detroit, and these guys from Pittsburgh (the ones we met) are just as cool. Come on TBX, Brett, Drew...and don't forget Anrev's costume :D

I talked with the special events coordinator from D&B, and she's leaving some "complimentary" power cards (good for some of the less expensive games)...even a free game or two will be nice! I love getting "comp'ed"...too bad thi isn't Vegas :eek:

16. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Seems I was left off the list there.
    I as well as my fiancee Emily (Em for short and on the boards "Mayem Snyph") will be in attendance.

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Krash
    Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    JarJarJedi
    Mrs_jedi_1966
    MetalliJedi
    DarthDahc
    Rox
    corran_16201
    jedi_1966
    lil'st '66
    ??Random??
    Malo-ha
    PadawanPadme
    jedi_master_sal
    Mayem Snyph

Mom is coming now. Apparently she just wanted to tell my dad that she was going. (Yay! I don't have to pay! :D)

That's great that you got some Power Cards Geoff! :)

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Last minute stupid question, because I'm planning my driving directions and stuff last minute - Krash, your earlier post said you all are meeting in front of the WRHS lobby in front of the Starfighter exhibit. Now is that the History Museum itself? Because I'm checking the WRHS website and that place is seperated into a lot of different sections, one of which is simply called the History Museum, which I would assume would be the site of the exhibit. Just wanted to clear things up so I don't get lost (which is something I tend to do quite easily!).

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Basically, when you come up (the hill) onto East Blvd...the Museum is on your left. Park behind the museum (or anywhere you can find cheap parking) and the exhibit is visible from the lobby window.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey guys, just posting to let you guys know that I will NOT be at the exhibit tomorrow. I'm working for my city and McDonald's right now... I love my city job, and I'd like to keep it, but the pay isn't all that great at McDonald's, and I have an interview at a restaurant in Twinsburg at noon, so I'm going there instead of the Starfighter exhibit. I hope you guys have fun though. SORRY PITTSBURGH! I really wanted to hang with you guys too! :_|

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    May 17th WRHS event: Clevelan/PITTSBURGH
    Krash
    Padawan92
    _-Reborn_Jedi-_
    JarJarJedi
    Mrs_jedi_1966
    MetalliJedi
    DarthDahc
    Rox
    corran_16201
    jedi_1966
    lil'st '66
    Malo-ha
    PadawanPadme
    jedi_master_sal
    Mayem Snyph

Alright, see everyone there...you guys from Mrs_jedi_1966 has my cell phone number, so comlink me if you have any problems

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Sorry that you can't come Eric.

23. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Bad news I'm afraid. I'm not going to be able to make it. My mother fell last night, broke her left leg and sprained her right ankle and tore a ligament. We had to go up to Chautauqua last night and bring her home, got in at 3:30am. I get to spend the day on the phone with the insurance company and doctors.

*sigh* Maybe I'll be able to make it another JKoC gathering later in the year.

Once things settle down we are going to have a little discussion on practicing those force assisted jumps without proper supervision. She keeps insisting her jumps are fine its the landings she has to work on.

24. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I just wanted to say thanks for showing us a great time! I can't wait to do this again!
    here's a link to my page of pics from the event.
    my pics

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    GREAT PICTURES...MetalliJedi, and thanks for getting them up so quickly.

I'll share ours when they get developed...it was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Can't wait for Palpatine Storytime again ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.