main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Artikus: End Game

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Arclite, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    GM: Tog, I didn't recieve a PM with your CS. Did you send one to Arclite?

As for the rest of you, I'm thinking we'll be getting the real action started by the weekend, but that guess is subject to change.

2. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    Sorry didnt know I had to PM it. Now I feel like a great idoit.

3. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    GM: No worries, mate.

4. Mad_Max0290

Mad_Max0290 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2006
    Draco bowed and turned. "Mist, would you walk with me for a minute?" He said as he looked at her. Her innocence intrigued him, she remined him of everything he had lost or never had. That and he was curious to learn what her powers were."You can come with us as well Aero, if you wish."

Tag: Mist, Aero, Arc I guess as an NPC or somehting lol

5. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Marina

Big iced-coloured eyes fixed upon the pyromancer. She broke into another smile and nodded. She quickened her pace just a bit, then slowed down to walk beside him while pushing the oversized hood away from her hair and face.

"What can I help you with?" she asked softly, giving him another half smile.

Ta: Draco

6. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Darth_Meerkat approved

Name: Scragg Garrot
    Callsign: WildFire
    Species: Goblin
    Faction: Arkyle
    Personality: Bit insane. Scragg has a tendensy to change moods suddenly and talk gibbersh.
    Traits: Some burns and scars on arm
    Appearance:(( http://www.davedorman.com/i/art/Magic/Goblin%20.jpg ))
    Profession/Speciality: Pyromancer
    Weapons: Short Rapier
    Bio: Scragg grew up in the mountains and has always loved to light things on fire. His Arkyle tribe is mostly goblins that live in te mountains. Like most of his tribe Scragg is a pyromancer. Scragg wandered off from the main tribe to hunt one day, he was ambushed by slavers and they led Scragg away from his mountain home and led him into a desert. Scragg escaped when the demon in chains next to him went berserk and broke the chain, the demon charged into the slavers while Scragg sneaked off into the desert. He wandered in the desert for a year, the intense heat and loiliness drove Scragg insane. He later found his way out of the desert by a passing group of travelers who helped him find his way. Scragg returned to his mountian tribe and got the name WildFire because of his insane style of pyromancing.

7. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006
    "So tell me what do you think about our predicament? I think that we need to be on our guard, but I always thought the best defense was a good offense. If you don't mind my asking, how is that you can seem so happy in light of what may happen here." Draco said as they walked out into the camp. His eyes ahd taken on a softer appearance and his face was calm. Completley diffrent than the mask he usually wore.

8. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Scragg moved swiftly threw tall grass, he looked around he and his tribe were all ready. The goblins were on their way to join the Arkyles when they found a small group of Mechanus camped out in the praiae. The goblins all rubbed their hands toghter calling forth the fire that served them. They all shot a line of fire at the human's camp. Fire landed on powder barrels which exploded causing mass havic on the small group of humans. The goblins drew their short rapiers and charged in to kill the survivors of the humans.

9. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006
    OOC: Come on folks, don't let this thread die....at least not in the beginning....

10. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006

"So tell me what do you think about our predicament? I think that we need to be on our guard, but I always thought the best defense was a good offense. If you don't mind my asking, how is that you can seem so happy in light of what may happen here."

Before she could answer, a familiar, welcomed voice called behind her.

"Marina!" She turned her head and broke into a smile, running to hug her brother.

"Karim! What a surprise"

"You know what they say, little sister" Grinned the boy, raising a hand to wave at Draco, a fellow Pyromancer. It was odd...he wasn't frowning, he wasn't glaring, and he didn't look like he was about to set someone on fire. His eyes were actually gentle...

"Listen, 'Rina, I gotta go...y'know my Master gets snappy when I ain't around..." he stopped before tracing an imaginary protection symbol on her forehead "Careful, Mist..."

Marina traced the same symbol on his forhead "You too..."

They walked away from each other, the young hydromancer taking her placebeside Draco again, she smiled up at him.

"As for your question..." she started, the signs of a smile still lingering on her eyes "We are supposed to be working under the advice of a vision someone had...I never trusted that kind of stuff much, but don't tell my tribe's elder..she would probably throw a fit..." she pondered for a while "Offence makes a great defense, I agree, but we have to be careful, in case the vision was right, we do not want to exhaust ourselves..." She smiled warmly again as a brisk wind, blowed her hair back and made her bracelets twinkle "No, I don't mind your asking...well, I guess it has to be easier to be calm than to go hysteric in this situations...losing control is quite dangerous after all..."

She trailed off, watching everyone in the camp with a teace of pride and innocence lingering on her wide eyes. She finally looked back at the young Pyromancer, serious this time.

"So, what are your thoughts, Draco?"

Tag: Mad_Max0290

11. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    GM: Okay everyone, the game will be advanced by the end of the week. For the sake of smooth gameflow, please try to finish up TAGs and get to battle lines as soon as possible. I'll introduce the character's I've cooked up*, and we can really get the main storyline started.

*Here's the deal with the most of the locals and main story characters you meet: I'm basing them off well known movie/book characters, and I've thrown in a little twist. I'll be introducing them bi-monthly, or if things slow down, once a week. If you think you know who it was modeled after, send me a PM with your guess, and a subject line of "_______ guess." Whoever gets it right gets an in-game prize (which can be a tip to file away for later up to a weapon).

12. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Scragg

The goblins moved south of the their mountains to were the rest of the magican army was. Their treck was hard threw the rest of the mountains. "Comon you lot! Keep up!" Their cheiftan yelled. The rest of the goblins mumbled curses under their breathe. The mountain pass was long and trecahorus but the skilled goblins travesered it easily. It would take them a week to reach the rest of tribes.

13. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006
    IC: Draco
    Draco grinned, it must be nice having someone to care about you. He saluted the young pyromancer as he left.
    He nodded when she told him of here views.
    "I am a bit of a beserker. So I always though we should charge the enemy. However now as I look around perhaps I see something different." Draco said. Then in a lower voice just above a whisper he said. "Maybe we should ally with Mechanus to destroy those damnable priests, if you pardon the language." Draco said as he looked at her. She seemed to innocent to be on the front lines.

14. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    Both GMs Approved!

Name: Zola Veristan

Callsign: Dove

Species: Human

Faction: Mechanus

Personality: Zola was born to be a scientist. Though quiet, she is very clever and constantly curious. She longs to invent and discover, but merely instruments of war. She doesn't hold up very well under stress, but under normal curcumstances you can count on her to be the calmly logical one. Zola tends to be incredibly serious, and has a very low tolerance for people she believes are stupid.

Traits: Whenever thinking deeply, Zola will pull her hair back into a bun, even though it's too short to stay up on it's on. To calm herself down when she gets to nervous she breathes into her hands, or curses. She is rather squeamish about the idea of war, and prefers staying out of confrontations.

Apperance: Zola is an average height, relatively slender, though you wouldn't normally say thin, with light-brown/tanned skin. She has dark brown eyes that are shaded by almost black eyebrows and shoulder length brown hair. Most often, if she has her hair tied back, a writing utensil will be stuck in it.

Profession/Speciality: Scientist/Inventor

Weapons: In these dangerous times, Zola usually carries around a stash of explosive powders in her pocket.

Bio: Zola never knew her parents, only the women who ran the orphange and school she attended for the first ten years of her life. Realizing she was gifted, they paid for her to attend an academy for talented minds, and Zola never forgot it. She still pays visits to her old home, and donates as much time and money as she can. Her teachers at the academy recruited her into the miltary movement as she grew older, knowing she could go far. But Zola never liked experimenting with violence. She longed to know the science behind living things, and what powered the magik of the Arkyle. Knowing her duty, she pushed back her thirst for knowledge, but it still lurks inside her.

15. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Zola Veristan

Zola had never seen Alexandria before today, but she had certainly heard of it. Who hadn't? The city and it's leader, the Lady Maya De La Croix, were famous. Zola had always dreamed of seeing the flying wonder, to discover what kept the whole of it in the sky, what mechinics kept it afloat, but she had never expected to visit it in miltary capacity. Since Lady De La Croix had taken Alexandria out of the war, and Zola was nothing but a minor player, just another mind behind the awful slaughtering machines the people called for, she hadn't thought she'd get the chance.

Yet here she was, on the bridge of the Ghost Orchid, heading towards the little gathering of leaders. She, the little nobody orphan, Zola Veristan was about to speak to some of the most important people of Mechanus.

"M'Lady Commander?" she asked, somewhat timidly. "Captain? My name is Zola Veristan. I work in Technology Development, and I was sent to make sure all your weapons, sheilding and explosives were working. I have new equiment, fresh out of testing to replenish any stocks that are out. Would you like to see them?" Zola looked expectantly at them.

TAG: Peng, Darth_Joesha, Arc, etc.

16. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006

"I am a bit of a beserker. So I always though we should charge the enemy. However now as I look around perhaps I see something different." Draco said. Then in a lower voice just above a whisper he said. "Maybe we should ally with Mechanus to destroy those damnable priests, if you pardon the language." Draco said as he looked at her

Marina thought for a moment, brushing her bangs off her face. She turned the idea around her head, looked at it from different views, all the while chewing on her lower lip. Finally she looked up at him.

"It could work..." she started "Oh, please do not take me wrong, I do not mean to discerdit you in any way but...in the end we are all fighting over the same thing. In the end, even with the Ghaderaans defeated, we would still have to fight the Mechanus. By then they would have an idea of the way we fight, the way we move, and it could be dangerous for us. They are brilliant people, and that insight to us could be taken as an advantage against our people..." she stopped talking "But please do tell me if I am mistaken..."

She toyed with her bracelets, giving him a small, warm smile.

17. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    Jhakan, The Mechanus Mobile Fortress

Dhavok smile turned grim at the sound of Maya's voice. He admired her for the rule of her people but scoffed at her cowardice. The fact that she was here meant that she had brought him reinforcements from the clockwork city. "We've cleared you a spot behind the lines. Don't worry there's no wizards way back here." he said, answering her request for a LZ, "We'll need that ordinance soon, so drop it as quick as possible."

He changed the subject back to something he was good at, battle plans. "Funny you should mention that Stukov, Because you'll be leading it." His voice took on a debriefing tone "As soon as you touch down, report to the front lines. You'll be propelling your forces towards the Arkyle's left flank. Intel says their trying to summon a Magma Kraken again, just like at Huresh" Images of the giant flaming squid ripping out of the ground like an ant lion, burning troops with firey tentacles and setting gunpowder alight. "Just make sure you get the job done. Dhavok out!"

Tag: Joesha, Peng

18. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Lady Maya De La Croix
    The Ghost Orchid

"Thank you commander... you know I risk alot doing these things for you, don't take them as favours from me... they are from Christian." Maya said before walking away, she would not wait for Jhakan's responce.

Just after telling her commander to take Alexandria low enough for the reinforcments to exit a young woman arrived and introduced herself before offering to show her some knew weapons.
    "I have no interests in weapons, this is not my war." Maya said coldly looking away slightly into the distance before looking back. "I apologise, these are stressful times. By giving my aide to the Mechanus I am leaving my people open to attack. Is this your first time at Alexandria? Everybody has a glint in their eye on their first time. Welcome aboard The Ghost Orchid."

Maya walked towards the door slightly before turning back to the woman.
    "You are an inventor, no? No doubt you are wondering how such a small ship, in comparison, can keep this city afloat. Do you want to know? ... 'Cause I sure do! Walk with me a while and I will explain."

tag: Dances, Arc

19. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Scragg-Close to Arkyle Base

"Comon Goblins! We almost there!" Their chieftan yelled. They were out of the mountiains and moving quickly threw the plains. "Hurry up! Dont wanna get caught by Humans!" They threw cloaks over their backs and heads and moved swiftly. It would take the rest of the day to reach the rest of the Arkyles.

20. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    IC: Zola Veristan

"I have no interests in weapons, this is not my war. I apoligize, these are stressful times. By giving my aide to the Mechanus, I am leaving my people open to attack," Lady De La Croix explained.

Zola nodded and answered, "I understand. If I had any choice in the matter I wouldn't be involved either. I just figured you want some stuff, just for defence, anyway. We have a lot of test materials left over. Granted, they're not all at peak ablity, but," she shrugged, "I was just thinking, since we need to do something with them, if you wanted them, to protect your city. After all, you are our greatest ally."

"You are an inventor, no? No doubt you are wondering how such a small ship in comparison, can keep this city afloat. Do you want to know? "Cause I sure do! Walk with me a while and I will explain."

Zola's eyes lit up. It had been a dream of her's for years to see how the Ghost Orchid worked. She might not have been much in the way of technical work, figuring out gears and such, but she knew genius when she saw it. And whoever had designed the ship she was now on was nothing less than one.

"Would you my Lady?" Zola asked eagerly. "I've always, always wanted to know. I mean, I've helped create blue-prints for zepplins before, but we've never got it to carry so much with so little. Of course, I'm not really all that good with it. As it goes, I'm better with the living. Mixing explosives and medicines and stuff for people to use. But I, this place, it's incredible," she murmured.

TAG: Joesha

21. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006
    "It could work..." she started "Oh, please do not take me wrong, I do not mean to discerdit you in any way but...in the end we are all fighting over the same thing. In the end, even with the Ghaderaans defeated, we would still have to fight the Mechanus. By then they would have an idea of the way we fight, the way we move, and it could be dangerous for us. They are brilliant people, and that insight to us could be taken as an advantage against our people..." she stopped talking "But please do tell me if I am mistaken..."

"That is very true. However we would also learn of their tactics and their ways. We could aslo have a strike team in their capital to destroy it in a grand sacriface to summon a great beast. I would go on such a mission. However for now...I will strike out at those who get near us. Come we should be getting to the summoner's circle." Draco said admiring the wisdom of her words. She was still innocnet in her manners though...Draco would try to protect that in her. The war had done enough harm to him...he would not let it do the same to her.

22. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006

She pondered over his words for a while, looking intently at him. That look in his eyes...the way he moved, the tone in his voice... There was so much more to this pyromancer than what one could guess... was that pain, shinning in the very back of his crimson eyes? She quickly looked away as she realized she had been staring.

"Come we should be getting to the summoner's circle."

"Yes, you're right" smiled the young hydromancer, looking up at him again. "Webetter get there on time..."

She changed their way a bit, heading for the circle.

23. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006
    Draco saw her look into his eyes, then closed them and looked down. Draco rose his head and with determination in his eyes began to walk toward the circle and said.
    "I never really had anyone to watch out for me as a child. I always did my own thing, regardless of the rules. My eyes stand testament to that, a childhood accident. I saw my master gunned down in front of me. The only one who really watched for me...I slaughtered the entire group that did it. I was never truly innocent....my innocence was lost long ago. You are still pure of heart, I don't want to see you loss that. My life has been nothing but war. That is all I have to live or die for. Don't end up like me...my body is young..but my mind is old." Draco said. Maybe it was time to start trusting people, he thought to himself. When they came into view of the circle he paused

24. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Mist

Marina looked ahead of herself, deep in thought as they reached the circle. She kept a bit further away from the rest of the mages. She suddenly fell quiet, her expression chaning to one impossible to read.

I never really had anyone to watch out for me as a child.

Trully, Marina knew she could only start to imagine how hard his childhood must've been. Even if she didn't grow up close to her mother or father, the tribe that had taken her as it's own lived nearly side by side with Karim's...thay had always watched out for each other. She felt sympathy, yes, but somehow, the feeling was quite different from pity.

I saw my master gunned down in front of me. The only one who really watched for me...I slaughtered the entire group that did it.

Slaughtered...that she had done...throughout all this war...she had taken so many lives she was starting to doubt she deserved her own.

I was never truly innocent....my innocence was lost long ago. You are still pure of heart, I don't want to see you lose that.

Innocense thought the young hydromancer What does it mean? How can you tell an innocent person from one who is not?

She was jerked out from her thoughts suddenly. All this time she had been staring at a tiny puddle, and only now noticed it wasn't the liquid moving, but figures in it. She knelt down and studied them intently. She gently touched the water and carefully made it increse, slowly, as not to break the images she was seeing. She reached out with her sences.

Fire she looked a bit closer, before looking up again, a tiny smile adorning her face.

"The goblins are nearly here. It might take them some time, but no more than a day, I'm sure"

She stood up, suddenly feeling quite confident. A presence among them had caught her attention, and even though she had never met him, Karim had told her stories of this particular goblin, who, even if he wasn't quite right in the head -Then again, no one was quite right in the head according to Karim- He had quite some strength on the fire field.

She looked at Draco before rising to her feet gracefully. Something about the pyromancer intrigued her greatly, and she still couldn't put her finger on it...unnerving! She smiled to herself, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.She was feeling a tad more easy with the whole situation.

25. Tog

Jan 19, 2007
    Scragg-The Arkyle Base

The goblins entered the base quickly then stoped to catch their breath. Scragg panted, they ran all day without rest. "Gah! If I ever have to do tat again Ill just burn te entire feild on fire." Scragg said insanly.

"You would burn anything Scragg." said a nearby Goblin.

"True, True." Admitted Scragg.

The goblins walked off with their cheiftan to the makeshift dormatories for them, all of them totally worn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.