main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Haha making faces at our own suggestions, are we?

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Prequels are dumb.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I like Clone Cadets.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I mean the concept of prequels as a substitute for advancing the overall story/plot, or as a way to 'bring back' dead characters that the team regretted killing off too early.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Prequels are awesome:p If they are well-written that is- prequel needs to make sense with original but Assassin or Pursuit of Peace really don't make much sense "Aurra somehow escpaed" "Everyone loves Ono"- except those bounty hunters who did beat him up some time ago :rolleyes:

I fail to understand this sentence:p

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It's an American political joke, specifically a reference to 2008 Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin who said in an interview that part of her foreign policy credentials was her ability to see Russia from her house, and who described herself as a rogue.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Okay..... I've heard that thing but couldn't see any connection here- but I must say american in-jokes irritate me a bit[face_flag] :rolleyes: :mad:..... But no hard feelings pal- you americans automatically think america is the bright centre of the universe- not your fault:p

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It's the fact that she called herself a rogue that tied it together. I make references to American politics all the time, it's because I'm American and have an interest in politics. I would expect someone from another country who was into politics to make references to politics in their country. I don't think it has anything to do with ethnocentrism. And it seems you wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion were I not American...

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    If I would make reference to Finnish politics who would ever understand? (ummm... Lugija is Finnish.... only another here i've found by far) That's why I don't even bother- of course there is more americans here but still it irritates me a bit when using superamerican terms and phrases.... whether my irritation is acceptable or not i just said it irritates me:p not saying you shouldn't do so- if you think it's ok -it's your decision to use or not to use american political references..... but now you know it irritates me:p .....

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I didn't say I would get the reference, but I wouldn't be offended if a politico from another country made a reference to politics in their country. I think that would only be natural. And I'd ask about it and try to learn something. As always, I deeply regret irritating you. [face_peace]

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Political views- like religious views -shouldn't have any place in discussion about fiction so i try to avoid those at all costs- political parallels are acceptable if you explain them as your own views etc. but i still prefer not talking about them at all- because they cause problems and disagreements- how that sentence have anything to do with Ventress? I get the picture she is not politician even in GFFA- how does she relate to US. politics or Sarah Palin in anyway:confused: - please explaino_O if you try to say Sarah Palin is darksider we can ask questions about your political views as well as your mental health:p ..... did you see her with yellow eyes somewhere?[face_skull]

hmmm... it seems Palin is one of those odd sith without sith eyes fancy that[face_laugh]

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Guys -- STOP ARGUING.

And this is the Asajj Ventress thread, not the Sarah Palin thread. I understand they might be easily confused sometimes, but we're trying to stick to Star Wars here. :p

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think Swash is really trying to argue with me, just keeping himself occupied by rambling. [face_idea]

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Tarkas was talking about Asajj Ventress with sentence i didn't understand -so i had to ask more about it- it was Tarkas who messed up Palin with all of this- i just wanted to know what he did mean by "seeing russia from one's house" sentence it doesn't seem to relate to Ventress in any way...... (there is no russia in GFFA and poor Asajj doesn't even have a house:_| )

Exactly the reason why i think messing such stuff as local politics is confusing and should be avoided it leads to unneeded arguments while i was just trying to understand Tarkas- i had no intention to talk so much off-topic stuff but understanding Tarkas required understanding off-topic stuff now:p

sorry....

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Were we arguing? You didn't understand something I said in one of my posts so I explained it. You're just still asking questions I already answered for some reason... I didn't think we were actually arguing. [face_thinking]

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I still fail to understand how that sentence relates to Ventress- you explained only where it comes from- not what you meant it when you used it with Ventress and all.....

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I still don't get it..... looks very farfetched to me

19. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    Putting the thread back on track.:)
    Here is my theory:
    Ventress will probably return to Dooku or continue to work as her own
    She will meet Ahsoka (and Anakin)
    Epic battle in which Anakin is thrown into a wall and become unconscious[face_laugh]
    Ahsoka turns her Rage mode on (she thinks her master is dead) and defeats Ventress
    But she won't kill her, she will give up her rage and anger and turn Ventress to the Light Side
    Ahsoka becomes Jedi Knight

That will complete Ahsoka's character as a true Jedi (in opposition to Anakin who failed as the Jedi). She will become a somewhat ideal Jedi an ideal that Anakin will only achieve in ROTJ.
    Well this is a ripoff of ROTS scene with Dooku, but hey, that's quite symbolic, isn't it?[face_worried]

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Don't really like the idea of Ahsoka redeeming Ventress.... it has to be Obi-Wan if someone redeems her....

21. JoleeBee

May 25, 2011
    That's too mainstream.
    And I think that Kenobi (and Anakin) in the eyes of Asajj personificates the Jedi Order in The Rise of the Empire era. They are arrogant, ignorant, self-centered, boring philosophers and they have nothing in common with Ventress, while Ahsoka is quite different and can find a way to talk with Asajj.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Obi-Wan arrogant and selfcentered,boring philosopher? That's Plo mate not Obi:p
    :confused: but really......Obi has little bit of Anakin's influence and sarcastic sense of humour but he is pretty humble not boring, not selfish..... and Asajj obviously likes him but Anakin who is exactly like that could never redeem Ventress- there lies same prob with Soka she is too much like her master....

so needless to say I disagree- in EU it already goes pretty much that way (Obi-Wan affects her and she turns) and i want to change it only a little- I don't like Asajj/Ahsoka understanding at all those girls just don't suit together in any way that's my opinion..... while you are entitled to have yours of course..... wow Obi-Wan selfish and arrogant- he is least selfish and least arrogant jedi along with Yoda....

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    [face_plain]

24. JoleeBee

May 25, 2011
    So let's talk about Kenobi and other Jedi in the Clone Wars then.[face_laugh]

1) The concept of Jedi generals fighting on the frontlines. That's not the Jedi way, this is the Superman way. Killing hundreds and hundreds of droids smiling and joking around like a cheap clowns of some sort is terrible. Just terrible. All Jedi must have good mental health not giving it to the lust of battle and watch fellow companions dying around them. Why they just can't stop and think what they are doing and for what? Your troops are dying, master Jedi, while you Force Jumping and Force Pushing on the battle field. No, they just stop to tell a joke or give some sarcastic remark.
    Remember that Ki-Adi Mundi scene in Geonosis-arc when he leads his troops through the cavern. He stands in front of his troops deflecting blaster bolts, that's it. Deflecting blaster bolts. You must command, Jedi! Not stand up in front of your troops showing them your amazing Jedi technique in deflecting blaster bolts. Do something! Nope, troops behind him keep dying and he continues deflecting blaster bolts. No wonder his soldiers gladly kill him in RotS.[face_laugh] Because he failed as a field commander.
    Master Yoda is the perfect Jedi general for me it seems. He commands his troops from the Command Center not raging around on the battlefield in front of them. That's save him from execution in RotS (only 2 clone troopers were against him).
    This point shows us how generally arrogant and reckless is the Jedi Order in the last days of the Republic.

2) Kenobi's issue. If he is not arrogant than he is reckless. Remeber this scene in RotS, where he jumped right into the MIDDLE of the hall surrounded by BATTALIONS of droids and general Grievus himself. "Hello there!" says Kenobi. "This is madness!" said general Grievus. "Madness? THIS IS PREQUEL-WRITING!" cried Kenobi Force Kicking Grievus to another dimension.
    Though RotS has one good scene in it showing us how Jedi should fight in a war: as a strike team infiltrating enemy's general Battlecruiser. If enemies has a Sith Lord commanding them then a Jedi strike team dispathed to fight him and end the war. Period. Not those supermanish things they are doing.
    Another Kenobi's failure is his mentoring. He didn't become Anakin's friend (or "brother") to whom Ani can walk in and talk about his issues. He even didn't try to establish a smooth connection with Anakin. And if Kenobi have had some doubts about his apprentice than why didn't he go to the Jedi Counsil and seek advice? He just puts this away hoping that Anakin will fix things himself. Yep, we all know how he fixed fings with the Tuskens and Dooku. Pretty arrogant and ignorant Kenobi I see here.

3) Venress's issue. So the bright Kenobi is not suited for redeeming her. She just can't take him serious and they have absolutely nothing in common. Ahsoka on the other hand can be placed in Ventress's situation (losing her master and going in bloody rampage). They simmilar in this way and the show can exploit this for our fun.

Despite all these I love TCW and even Prequels (some moments) and eagerly waiting for season 4.[face_peace]

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^most of that is off-topic pal.....

it seems to be tradition that jedi lead troops like that charging on the front of the troops not that it would make sense but it is one of those things that just are added there because it looks cool....

Not liking your Ventress-theory still[face_not_talking] - I don't necessarily want Ahsoka to even see Ventress again- they had their moments but i don't really want to see them together again... for some reason i just fell like that...

We can talk about Obi-Wan in his own thread - his odd move in ROTS really is a bold one- maybe reckless- that is Anakin's influence for the most part he is not like that before the war- but he knows Grievous and all he needed to do is look like a totally mad man to capture attention of droids and General before the battle begins- he knew Grievous wants to take him personally so all he needed to do was this one-man show before clones attack- he had no other audience in-universe so we cannot blame him being a show off like Anakin......