main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You may forfeit anyone who is participating in the battle.

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    If you decide to forfeit a starship with other cards deployed on it, yes, you can count the forfeit value of those cards.

Normally, you won't do this. You'll want to forfeit the cards on the ship first. But this could be advantageous if, for example, you have two pilots on one ship who just initiated a battle, and forfeiting only one of them would satisfy your attrition, but leave you with a lone pilot who could be beaten down on your opponent's next turn. Instead of forfeiting the one pilot, you could forfeit the ship as a single action, and the pilots would go with it.

Make sense?

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    ah, strategery!!

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Actually, Artie, if you forfeit the Falcon with say Han and Chewie aboard, Han's and Chewie's forfeit values will not count. You'd have to forfeit Han and Chewie individually if you want their forfeits to count.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So where would Han and Chewie go if you forfeit the ship??

Also a question about Guri. Can she initiate, participate in, and be battled? Also, she isn't able to draw battle destiny because she has no ability, correct?

6. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    About the falcon, If the falcon leaves the table for any reason, everything on it is lost unless you play a card that says otherwise.

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Yep.

In relation to an earlier question, there is one other case when you may want to forfeit a ship first. There is a Dark Side effect from Virtual Set 3, Besieged(V) that allows the capture of pilots/unpiloted ships that are forfeited. Here is it's game text:

Deploy on table. Whenever opponent forfeits a character or unpiloted starship at same system or sector as your Imperial capital starship, you may draw destiny. If destiny > target's destiny number, you may capture that character or starship. (Immune to Alter.)

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Guri cannot initiate battle or be battled unless using Artoo & Threepio or E Chu Ta.

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    You reduce it by the Outrider's power, which is 3 plus any modifiers.

Do modifiers include a pilot who adds power?

10. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
  11. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Can Elis Helrot be an interrupt reaction at the start of a battle?

Thank you!

12. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Nope, eratta. Here's the new GT:

At any time (except during battle), target any or all of your characters at one site to 'transport' (relocate) to any one other site. Draw destiny. Use that much Force to 'transport,' or place Interrupt in Lost Pile.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You can play it, however, when you think he's finished with his deploy phase actions. Just be careful, though. If you both pass on actions consecutively, you've lost your chance to use Elis, and it will go on to the next phase, where the player whose turn it is will get the first opportunity for an action.

14. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, one more battle action thing.

Let's say i need a certain amount of force to use an interrupt. To get that force i use imperial supply tro gain 4 force, than can i use that next interrupt right after i use imperial supply to gain the force?

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    No, opponent gets next action.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You always have to alternate opportunities for actions.

17. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    All right, but let's say his next action was firing a weapon, then after he fires one weapon, can i lay that interrupt down?

18. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Yes, you can.

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yes, firing a weapon is an action. Once that finished, you get the next opportunity for an action.

20. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Do i only get one action, so after he fires the weapon and i play my interrupt, can i then fire. I understand the actions thing, but the battle actions confuse me.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Battles shouldn't be confusing. During the weapons segments, you trade opportunities for actions until both players pass consecutively.

Let's say Dark side initiates battle. He gets the first opportunity for an action, so he fires a blaster at, say Han. That goes through the normal procedure as described on the weapon, and it has the appropriate results.

Next, Light side gets to play an action if they wish. They can do anything they are legally able to do during the weapons segment, be it fire a weapon, use game text on a character, or play an Interrupt.

After that, the opportunity passes back to the dark side player, and so on until both players do not wish to perform weapons segment actions.

22. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    you said weapon actions, i understand that part but when do interrupts fit in? do they take up that persons action turn?

23. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    From the glossary:

Weapons segment

*Fire weapons and/or initiate other actions such as Electrobinoculars and Beru Stew during this segment. Even actions not specifiaclly related to battle may be initiated during the weapons segment.

*You(whoever started the battle) initiate the first action, then alternate actions with your opponent.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Playing an Interrupt is an action, just like anything else you do in the game. All applicable Interrupts may be played during the weapons segment of the battle.

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think what he's asking is if you play an interrupt, does it count as if you've fired a weapon? So DS player fires a weapon, LS player uses an interrupt, DS player fires another weapon. I think the same also goes for using the game text of a character in that you lose your weapon phase. Not sure though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.