main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ask Artie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Artie-Deco, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Playing an Interrupt is not firing a weapon; it's playing an Interrupt.

Like I said before, players alternate opportunities for actions in the weapons segment. The player who initiates gets the first chance to perform an action. He could fire a weapon, play an Interrupt, or do many other things as the rules allow. Once he finishes performing his first action, then the opponent gets a chance to do the same thing.

I really can't see why that is so hard to understand.

2. NissoJape

NissoJape Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I get it now but you never actually answered the question, just repeated action protocal.....I thought an interrupt may have been an action on top of a weapon fireing....

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I assumed you knew what actions were, since they are clearly outlined in the Glossary.

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I didn't say that playing a interrupt was the same as firing weapon, but it takes up the allotted action of that player for that turn. I was trying to make it an easier answer to understand.

5. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Q99123-you made the last connection for me, you did what i asked for.

Bib, thanks for the help too! I know the actions and what they are but I was asking about battle phases because I didn't know if weapon actions were different or not.

But, now i know.

6. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    okay, i seem to be having a problem, when different types of units fight on exterior sites how do you guys do it, i havent found a ruling for it
    take a star destroyer against a character, it just doesnt make sense that they can attack each other but there is nothing that says they cant, or a character vs a starfighter

7. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    didnt go up for some reason *bump*

8. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    rise to the top blast you, rise!

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    okay, i seem to be having a problem, when different types of units fight on exterior sites how do you guys do it, i havent found a ruling for it

Unless there is a rule or a card allowing something, you can't do it. Use that rule of thumb in any card game you play.

take a star destroyer against a character, it just doesnt make sense that they can attack each other but there is nothing that says they cant, or a character vs a starfighter

Star Destroyers cannot attack characters for two reasons:

Characters cannot normally be present at systems.

and

Star Destroyers cannot deploy to sites.

So I'm not sure where you're coming from on this. You may only do what the cards and rules tell you to do, so it is impossible to even consider that a Star Destroyer could attack a character.

10. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    well thats what i said, but i was playing last night and he kept saying that there wasnt a rule disallowing a SD vs a character
    it was on a tatioone exterior site, the sd had been moved there and a character was present, and how about starfighters, i cant see characters able to attack them either

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The rules do not permit capital starships to land at sites, unless their game text says they can (e.g. Medium Transport).

Starfighters may land at sites, but their power is 0, and they cannot use their game text, except text related to capacity and the permanent pilot. Also, its permanent pilot (and any characters aboard) cannot use their ability towards drawing battle destiny.

Since you seem to be confused, see "landed starfighters" in the Glossary. It will explain everything.

12. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    okay one last thing, at an exterior site can a starfighter ever be 'flying' at the site and battle or must they always land when they go to an exterior site,

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The only time a starfighter can "hover" at a site is if you use Bombing Run. At any other time, a starfighter at a site is considered to be landed.

14. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    ah, great, now my friend cant argue about this anymore. you have been a big help bib, thanks :)

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Just remember, there are two fundamental rules in any CCG:

1) Nothing happens unless a card or rule allows it.

2) Once something happens, there are no restrictions on it except those listed on the cards or rules.

If you keep those two rules in mind, you will never have any question about this game ever again.

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, my friend told me about a card that allows you to add 10 more cards to your deck but I can't seem to find it on the Decipher website. Does anyone know what it is?

Ok, well I found it (an unusual amount of fear) but what good does it do other than deploying defense shields? You can have 10 cards under it but only use 3 of them? What do you do with the rest of the cards?

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You have to pick 3 from among the shields you use. Those 3 may be different in each game, depending on the situations.

Plus, Advance Preparation V, Krayt Dragon Bones V and Tauntaun Bones V allow you to use extra cards from under your starting effect.

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ah, so you have to use virtual cards to really utilize it? Good thing my opponent doesn't like using them ;)

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Unfortunately for him, the virtual cards are a part of the game, and they're here to stay.

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's alright. What she doesn't like will only help me :D I've used virtual cards like mad since I found out about them.

21. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, so starships cannot fly over sites, but can capital ships and starfighters fly in cloud sectors?

22. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    No. Not unless it has "deploys and moves like a starfighter" in its game text.

23. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Sorry, my reply only applies to capital ships.

From the glossary:

"Starfighters and cloud cars may deploy, battle and move at cloud sectors. (Capital starships,
    except those that deploy and move like a starfighter, may not.)"

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Patrol Crafts can go into cloud sectors as well.

25. NissoJape

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok, I have a quick question.

What should I be looking at when putting characters in, why don't most people put in like 5 jedi? I had a Deck with 5 Darth Vader's and it worked very well because they were just able to lay down a win on every battle with AT-AT Support.

So, my real question is, What should one be looking for when putting in characters, and why not put a bunch of jedi....minus reasons becuase certain cards get rid of copies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.