main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA At last we will reveal ourselves...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_kalel, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_kalel

darth_kalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Hey everybody. Now that there's an official release date, it's time to start organizing a local ticket line party for next May. Nothing concrete yet until there is an official advance ticket date. Just want to know if anyone is interested in hanging out in front of a theatre the night before like any good fanatical geek. My goal is to have TFN Fanforce members in the front of the line having a great time. I have access to some portable high tech toys and we may be able to watch the SW films while we wait in line, and Boba_Tids and I can reenact the battle of Hoth using Galactic Battlegrounds. (OK, I'm getting too nerdy here) Also chime in with theatre ideas in the SD area. There are a lot to choose from.

2. Garli Pesan

Garli Pesan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Since I'm lazy I'll be waching somewhere in Del Mar or La Jolla.

3. Me_Is_Jade

Me_Is_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2001
    id love to but since im a minor and therefore governed by my parents who will probably freak if i even suggest such a thing i doubt i will be able to but maybe if I can talk enough of my friends into going with me theyll alow it...
    id probably go to the san marcos theater

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Great idea! I was in the line for Episode 1 at the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Our group, Countingdown.com was in line for 6 weeks total, but I was only in line on and off for 3 weeks. It was one of the best experiences of my life. A new group composed of members from the first Chinese Theatre line has started a new site http://www.liningup.net . They are planning to line up for 6 weeks again in Hollywood. Right now my plans are not firm as to whether I'll be in that line, a line in Newport, or a line in Seattle. (Those guys have been in line since January 1st already! here is their website http://www.waitingforstarwars.com . ) But if something happens and I end up getting stuck in San Diego during May, definitely count me in!

5. Jedi_Dan_SanDiego

Jedi_Dan_SanDiego Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2002
    Let's do Grossmont Center Mall...Largest Screens in San Diego Baby! 60 Footers!
    I'm there!

6. Garli Pesan

Apr 13, 2000
    Grossmont is so in the middle of no where.

7. Jedi_Dan_SanDiego

Feb 4, 2002
    Where do you live Garli? I live in Point Loma and it's a 20 minute drive.

8. Chuckles00012

Chuckles00012 Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    go to parkway plaza

9. Garli Pesan

Apr 13, 2000
    I live in Del Mar. It's a haul to get to grossmont. Besides, wouldn't you rahter see it with all of your friends on a decent screen then alone, on a good screen that's in the middle of no where?

10. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    I was thinking somewhere kinda central. Like the new Edwards in Mira Mesa by the 15. Or Fashion Valley... Or Clairmont, nobody cares if your hanging out all night in front of that theatre.

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Which screens in San Diego are digital? I know Mission Valley has at least one digital screen, if not all of them being digital. I think Episode 2 would look best on a digital screen being it was filmed that way. I heard that when they showed "Shrek" at Mission Valley, which was also a digital film, on the digital screen, you could really tell the difference. It looked much cleaner on the digital screen.

12. Jedi_Dan_SanDiego

Feb 4, 2002
    Well I'm sticking to Grossmont. Largest screen 60 footer...best sound Dolby Digital EX developed for Phantom Menace. Anyone intrested to go to this one let me know. I don't think it's in the middle of no where...just some people don't like to drive.

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Revealing myself

[image=http://members.aol.com/mjadefan/mara.jpg]

ACK! How do I get the thumbnail in proportion? I need it to be 65x75 pixels.

14. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    Am I the only one who thinks that Mara's hot? (And my compliments on your collection by the way.)

15. darth_kalel

Oct 23, 2001
    You didn't take the pic down because of me, Did you? :(

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    No, I didn't.. I had to disable the link to that pic because of stupid AOHELL! (I wonder if that will get edited?) And I can't get the dang pic in the right proportions... Anyway, here is is:

[image=http://www.members.aol.com/mjadefan/mara2]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.