main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    She's Gorgeous, Aurélia! The hair is unbelievable! - You've gotten every strand in there. =D= Absolutely gorgeous.

As for the hands, the only part that doesn't quite look right is the top part of her fingers on the left hand (the one seperating the hair for braiding). Something about how they...bend. At least that's what I think it might be and it only really stood out to me when I read that you weren't completely satisified with them. Otherwise, I doubt it would have struck me. This is just my opinion though - Hands are cumbersome for me as well. :p

- Suz ^_~

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Just absolutely perfect. Everything about it. Perfect.
    I'm sure ANY Leia fan would love to see this. JC icon is sure to follow shortly.
    I think even LFL would like to see this one :)

3. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    Coloured Padme [face_blush]

[image=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6600/padmenostalji0uy.jpg]

[image=http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3017/padme2al.jpg]

Special thanks to Aurelia!!!

4. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    [image=http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_6_25.gif]

OMG Thyke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW...i mean WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you use to paint it?

[image=http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_1v.gif]

5. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D] Thanks everyone for your adorable comments :*

The face & first part of the hair took me 30 hours but the whole piece took 48 hours. Yeah I know, I'm a real snail lol

As usual, thank you so much Deb for your comments [:D] It's a pleasure for me to post artworks as WIP here.

Suz, when I was trying to draw the hand, I had a little mirror in front of me but problem is, each time I was working a little on the drawing and then looking at the mirror again, my hand was no longer in the same position so, as you can imagine, it started getting on my nerves lol I know I still have a lot to learn about drawing hands so maybe i should start making artworks including hands [face_thinking]

Thyke, i already told you it by PM but really I love the colorization of Padmé .

BTW, I posted a bigger version of Leia in the first post ;)

6. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Leia turned out absolutely beautiful! Simply amazing. I wouldn't call your time-taken to finish them being a snail, just extreme dedication. Fantastic stuff. I can't wait to see more! :D

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wanted to comment on this sooner, but you really did a nice job with this one! I'm very impressed! I'm sure the folks over at the site with the contest will enjoy it! :)

8. Thyke

Thyke Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks for comment.. I did use to pain it "Adobe photoshop cs 1 " ...

thanks.... your ability is magnificient!!! I only coloured it...

9. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful =D=

You did a fantastic job with the tones (the good old kleenex technique never fails :) ). Bravo!

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    All your artwork is just great, aurelia! Thanks so much for sharing! I espeically love the Leia drawing - she looks just beautiful and I love original poses. Amazing amazing amazing!! :)

11. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Belated thanks for your messages :*

yeah, never been disappointed by it so far ;)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **have....to....up...**

This should be required viewing for everyone that visits this forum! I just had to up, so some of our newest participants could peruse Aurelia's absolutely fabulous work. And we're patiently waiting for more, Master!! [face_batting]

FF :D

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! :eek: The Leia drawing is incredible! Love it. All the details, the light and the hair.....Just wow! =D=

14. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    You never cease to amaze me Aurelia.- oh by the way Nefarious is my new name- I was Darth_Arsnl- glad to be back.

I can't find a single thing wrong with any of your drawings. They're are like gods among insects.

Just Spectacular.
    Expect me to come back soon!

-NeF

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    I tried your kleenex tech. It REALLY DOES work!!

I put a layer of pencil down and then used the kleenex and then added more shading after. I wasn't too sure it would work bc I have tried a similar tech before and it hasn't worked but you have made me a true believer!! lol Thanks aurelia!!

16. Excalibur14

Excalibur14 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2006
    WOW.

Simply Put...WOW.

[face_hypnotized]:eek:[face_hypnotized]

17. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    You're too kind Deb :*
    Unfortunately I can't tell you when I make the next SW artwork cause I'm really busy and all i had the time to draw since Leia was a color portrait of Patrick Stewart for a commission and a quick sketch of Jason Momoa that i did freehand for once, just to play a little with my HB pencil after all the time spent on the commission.

Chilla, Excalibur14: Thanks ! [:D]

NeF Thanks for your comments and it's great to see you back !;)

goddess45 glad you find the technique useful :)

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

OMG!!

I just love the Patrick Stewart piece!! I think the photo you may have used for it is one of my all time favorite ST: TNG promo pics of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard... =P~
    This is just amazing, and the small tattoos and beautiful cobalt-blue uniform are just exquisitely done...just amazing! =D= And Jason's "quick" portrait looks like it would have taken me at least a month to do, lol! I still cannot get over the absolute smoothness of your shading--you truly capture skintones in photographic accuracy, and it's just like magic... Just wow...

Thanks for sharing these two--I love seeing anything you do, Master--and not just the SW pieces! Beautiful, beautiful work! =D=

FF

19. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    I love the ptrick steward portrait aurelia! It's beutiful. The coloring is also a nice touch. I never see too many of you pictures colored by you (although if I remember there are a few on your site).

Like FF said your 'quick' sketch of Jason looks like it would have taken me forever! Its so nice!!

Amazing Job!! Really great!

20. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    The portrait of Patrick looks great aurelia-acc =D= You really captured his likeness!

21. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    (belated [face_blush] ) thanks for your messages [:D]
    I really enjoyed doing this quick portrait of Jason because it was kind of relaxing to do it, i mean compare to a photorealistic portrait.
    Unfortunately, I don't have much time to draw these days but few days ago I started drawing his eyes just for fun, which means i once again did it on printer paper :oops: , and ended up drawing his whole face but didn't draw many details for his hair and clothes as I wanted the portrait to remain quite simple. As it was done freehand just looking at my laptop, the nose is a bit too long and IMO it kind of distorts the whole face but nevertheless i put it on my website, to have another style pictured there, something between sketch and photo-realistic style.
    [image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/stargate/jasonmomoa02.jpg]

That's because I've always prefered working with graphite, I just love the charm of black and white portraits. However, as the person who ordered the portraits of Carmen Argenziano and Patrick Stewart wants some more artworks, I should make more color portraits this year.

22. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    oh me too. i can't color for my life. I stick to graphite!

Jason is soo cool. I love the beads in his hair. it's a nice touch! I'm a computer paper gal because it's the smoothest surface i've worked on. I love the final product. The nose only looks too long if you point it out. otherwise it's not too noticable. Lovely outcome!

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    A shameless up for this awesome thread--and for our newest members, I strongly recommend a long and leisurely browse through all the work in here. aurelia-acc is a fabulously talented professional artist that takes time when she can to share her talents with us here in the forum--and also in her thread you will find countless little tips and techniques which you can employ in your own art. Take the time to look through here (and to visit her website...fantastic!)--you won't be sorry!

FF

24. Sometimes_normal

Sometimes_normal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    OMG! *gasp* Beautiful, incredible.. It's... Just WOW, AMAZING!!

25. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    he looks kind of like a badass. :p nice work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.