main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Away] Vacation, all I ever wanted! June 24-July 3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'll be at ConNooga from Friday - Monday (Feb. 22-25) and will be green until Tuesday, most likely.

I promise not to do anything that Face, Vadey & Jade wouldn't do. [face_flag]

O:)

2. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Wait, who's got the bail money?!

And have fun, Trace!

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    promise not to do anything that Face, Vadey & Jade wouldn't do.

Well that leaves the door wide open then...:p
    Have fun!

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ooooooooooooooh I'm so jealous! Pictures, pictures-we want pictures! Have a great time, Trace! [:D]

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    There goes the planet! [face_beatup]

Enjoy yourself Tracie! [:D] I promise we'll locate that bail money before you need it... O:)

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Have fun! Dressing up for this one?

7. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Is there any bail money left?? I think we used it all up back when Oqi and Ale were mods..

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    And VaderLVR's repairs, don't forget...

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oooh fun!! DOn't forget to share pictures with us!!!!!

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Thanks, y'all! :D There should be a few pictures that are presentable. [face_mischief]

Not this time. My Mara costume is still in pieces from C4 and Tim is a guest so he'll be working - 'tis no fun to costume alone. TNPredsFan, kayladie and I will be sparkly for the dance party, though. ;)

11. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    We've started dipping into our mod retirement funds to pay for bail, and you have no idea how skimpy those accounts were in the first place...

Have fun! We'll try not to burn down the place while you're gone, but you know how we are when we get ahold of fire. :p

12. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I promise to return Trace in almost the same condition as I found her; however, I will disavow any knowledge of missing Cade costumers once we leave Chattanooga.

O:)

13. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Yeah, I was gonna say...

Enjoy, Traci!

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    UPDATED March 19, 2009

I probably won't go green, but I wanted to let y'all know that I'll be on reduced time Thursday through Sunday (March 19-22). My local SciFi/Fantasy Con is this weekend and I'll be getting my geek on. :D

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    There's nothing sexier than a woman with her geek on! Have fun! ;)

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    *still so. jealous.* :p

Have fun, Trace! Pry every last detail out of John that you can!! ;) :D

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    SFF convention? Jealous!! Have a blast, though :)

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    SO. JEALOUS. :_|

What Bri said! Pry details out of that man! And do the Brigade proud! :cool:

19. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    *falls over exhausted*

It was an incredible weekend ? beyond anything I ever could have imagined and I wish y?all could have been there.

Since this is FFR, I will tell anyone and everyone here that if you ever have an opportunity to attend John Ostrander?s writing workshop, GO TO IT! Seriously. He has forgotten more about writing than most people ever learn and presents it in a manner that is insightful and intelligent, but also very easy to understand. Tim and I drove him to the airport this afternoon and he talked about maybe publishing it as a book and/or video lecture series, so I won?t type up any notes and steal his thunder, but that is something to keep an eye out for and would be worth every penny.

I don't want to spam this thread up too much, so I'll type up more and post pics in our Con Suite thread (if I can find it, lol) and the Cade and Zayne fan club threads in EUC, but one of the highlights was Saturday night: after all the panels were over, we sat around our Fan Force table with John O. and John Jackson Miller and laughed and talked and cut up until midnight. You will never meet two guys who are nicer or just plain old FUN to be around. It was a blast!

Not really spoilers, but JO told me that I will not like the next two issues of Legacy (Cade is about to test everybody) and JJM said that a lot of people will hate his guts by the end of the year for reasons that have to do with Jarael?s back story. So?brace for impact, Legacy and KOTOR readers! [face_devil]

20. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Glad you had a great time! But what convention were you at?

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    MidSouthCon - Guess I forgot to mention that. Duh, Traci. :oops: [face_blush]

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: Oh thanks for those hints Trace! I so can't wait now! :D :D I heard that the new hotel sucked... and that it lacked on many levels (besides sizes alone). :(

Do hope the con went well otherwise?? At lease the workshops went well then :)

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Hey gal! We missed you this year. [:D]

I actually thought it went pretty well and the hotel was definitely an improvement. The only complaint I heard from the guests was that there wasn't a restaurant and bar.

JJM talked about it on his blog here and he seemed pretty pleased. A vote of confidence from one of the VIPs is always a good thing, LOL.

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    UPDATE APRIL 3, 2009

I'll go green later tonight, but we'll be on vacation April 4-12 taking the rugrats to the mouse house and to visit grandparents in FL. (First time for the youngest.) :D

Y'all behave and don't give K & K too much trouble. Or send me pictures if you do. [face_mischief] ;)

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [:D] Miss you guys!! Yeah I missed going! So wanted to come, but was tight on the ole leave and mula. My little one has been having nearly back to back ear infections...talk about ow! But we're fixing that up next week (again...second time) with ear tubes.

Glad it went well! Definitely a good thing when a VIP is happy :D I'll try to check out the blog when I can (can't view things like that here at the base; also want to see that calendar of yours :p but can't here at work :mad: sometimes the server issue is a pain in the butt!

Have fun in FL! Never been there, bet it's fun :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.