main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bad Genes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Batty4btman, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batty4btman

Batty4btman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Look at the Fett family, Jango and Boba but not including the clone troopers.

1. Jango Fett (Bounty Hunter)

A. Has pretty bad skills for the most part with his jet pack.

B. Died a humiliating death at the hands of Mace Windu.

C. Seems to always bump his head or fall

2. Boba Fett( Bounty Hunter)
    A. Has pretty bad skills for the most part with his jet pack( sarlaac pit)

B. Died a humiliating death at the hands of a non jedi, blind man, Han Solo.

C. Seems to always have people do his work for him and mess up.

Looks like Jango should have been passed up with Dooku asked that he would be the template for the clone army. Just look at these stats, they are pretty bad. It seems that Boba was much better off because he is a more hands off bounty hunter, but is still feared which him and his father have in common. Is it me or does the gene line seem to be a little messed up or dissapointing? I mean I would expect more from the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy. But just cause I am bashing on the Fetts doesn't change my feelings for them whatsoever. I love these characters, Jango more that Boba. What do you think?

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Dont forget that Jango iced Zam with a sabre-dart from a few hundred meters. He also outmanouvred a Jedi in the Rings of Geonosis. And Boba successfully tracked the Millenium Falcon in ESB.

We hardly see anything of Jango and Boba.

From what we see of Jango in AotC, he is a skilled bounty Hunter that is able to hold his own against a Jedi, but dies at the hands of one of the most dangerous Jedi out there.

From what we see of Boba, he isnt as good as Jango, no. But he is smart.

But the simple fact is that very little of their skills and abilities is shown on screen, although we do see significantly more of Jango than Boba.

3. Comp625

Comp625 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Hey, no one's perfect. I don't think there are any bad genes here. Both Boba and Jango were two of the most feared Bounty Hunters in the galaxy. Jango is a human, and Boba is an unaltered clone of a human. So he's pretty much a human. Both have had their high points and both have had their low points. I agree with the fact that they both had bad deaths. Jango did go out like a punk, but at least it was to the second strongest Jedi in the galaxy. Boba was more focussed on Luke Skywalker when Han Solo "accidentally" hit his jet pack. I'd rather have had Boba die at the hands of Luke, but Boba and Han are "enemies" so I guess that's why Han was the one who did it.

4. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Jango losing to Mace isn't something to look down upon. Yes, Mace made quick work of him, but you can't hold that against Jango for going down to a guy like Mace.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I know that in the commentary for AotC, GL mentions that Jango bumping his head on the door to Slave 1 on Kamino was on purpose. It sort of shows that this tendency that he has to bump his head follows through to the Stormtroopers in ANH with the guy on the Deah Star.

It seems more like a fun in-joke that the film makers liked the idea of rather than a serious piece of canon to be cited in debate.

;)

6. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Don't forget, that in the EU the Fetts are shown as totally badass bounty hunter.

I agree they didn't have their skills properly shown on screen, but Jango more than held his own against Obi Wan. And did kill Coleman Trebor (i think that was the Jedi's name) before going down to Mace 'i'm badder than shaft' Windu

7. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Yeah but Boba was sittin in Slave 1 taking shots at Obi-Wan. Jango used his only rocket on Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan seemed to beat Jango in the hand to hand combat.

8. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    "Throughout as we go through the movie there's all little funny moments like Jango bumping his head because in Star Wars one of the stormtroopers bumps his head on the door as they leave the control room on the Death Star and I thought wouldn't it be funny if that's a trait that Jango has. When he puts his helmet on and everything he can't really see that well and so he's constantly bumping his head and that trait gets cloned into all the stormtroopers and that's why they keep bumping their heads."
    --George Lucas (AOTC Audio Commentary)

9. lotrisbetter

lotrisbetter Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
  10. lotrisbetter

lotrisbetter Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2003
  11. Batty4btman

Batty4btman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    I go to school with this woman that taunts our likes, sorry guys

Thread Status: