main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada BAD news folks... about tickets for Famous Players...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    oh man. this is starting to get really nerve racking. and i'm getting impatient. so here's the situation with the exception of that cineplex odeon in victoria who jumped the gun.
    advance tickets for aotc might go on sale at famous players and cineplex odeon theatres either on:
    a)Wednesday May 8th (Galaxy cinemas across canada are starting to sell wednesday)
    b)Thursday May 9th (this is exactly one week before release date; this is what seems most plausible according to most advance ticket policies; this is also what happened back in '99)
    c)Friday May 10th (i've read this date being tossed around)
    d)Monday May 13th (i've only heard this once and i doubt this is the date)
    e)honestly nobody knows (everytime i email or speak to someone at famous players i get the same old "we have no set date at this time")
    so keep an eye out for these dates or what ever new dates that may come up and please let us know if you find out anything

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Chill
    Keep me informed if youhear anything... as Im certain all SilverCities in the LowerMainland will sell them on the same day... hopefully this Thursday as that the day I have off work...

3. Chill

May 2, 2002
    if none of you have read this yet, there's a post over at the Toronto Discussion forum under the HEADS UP FOR TICKETS thread. it's a post by sabre81. i'll post it here any ways for convience sake.

"Here's what I learned today. Fox is asking for ridiculous booking contracts with Famous Players and Famous is reluctant to tie up their big auditoriums for any length of time. Famous theatres did incredibly well with Spiderman (#2, 3 and 5 in North America and 20 out of top 25 theatres in Canada) and they feel that Fox needs Famous more than Famous needs Fox.
    But, the fact of the matter is EP2 opens next Thursday, which is part of the next booking schedule. Therefore, there must be a deal struck before the advertising deadlines hit this week. That means we should have a definite answer to the "when do tickets go on sale" question by mid day Tuesday. That's today kids.
    As soon as I know I will post it here and everywhere."

so keep those eyes peeled

4. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
  5. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Wicked post Chill...
    Bout time... I had a feeling they'd announce it yesterday or today... So Im guessin Wednesday or Thursday is the big day!!!

6. Chill

May 2, 2002
    hey everyone,
    for those of you who are wondering if famous players are going to sell tix on-line the same time they go on sale at the theatres, this email reply i got may provide an answer on the last line.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately at this time we still do not have
    a date set for advanced ticket sales for Star Wars episode 2. Please
    continue checking our website www.famousplayers.ca for any updated
    information. Tickets will be available on-line when they do go on sale."

but that's all. the info before the last line is nothing new.

7. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    That is some good news I guess.... I assume that means we dont have to line up in a sense then???
    But if I order them online... can I go the ticket booth that day with my confirmation and get my tickets so I have em in hand???

8. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I'm a bit dis-trustful of online sales. I won't be sane again until I have my tickets in my hand.

9. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im with you on that....
    But I mean if you can get em online print out your confirmation number and take it to the theatre... least youre guranteed then the 1201
    BTW Ive got my gf phoning Famous Players Regional Office to find out about these tixs... just gonna lay into them :)
    Hey Id phone but Im at work and talk with you guys :)

10. Chill

May 2, 2002
    the only reason i don't want to buy on line is because i'm not sure how realiable it is to get tickets for the dlp showing. i'd rather be there and ask which show it is to make sure. also buying online costs an extra dollar a ticket for service charge. and it's cool to go to the theatre any ways.

11. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Well Im going to Colussus... I just wanna see the movie.. Im not picky about the DLP showing... as long as I get my tic for 1201 Im fine... Im gonna see about doing it online then... :)

12. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Well, here we are, end of "business" day Tuesday and still no word.

Is anybody else getting worried?

13. Chill

May 2, 2002
    some guy over at the toronto discussion page had this to say:

" OK....so i've just come back from the paramount where they assured me that tickets will go on sale one week before opening - thursday...the note inside the door when i went this morning before work said "box office opens 11:30" so I'm personally putting two and two together and planning on being there around 11:30 am on thursday...'course this is the paramout so who knows?"

this could go for all famous players across canada.

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im not getting worried Im getting PO'd... when I was at SilverCity in Langley they said they put tics on sale one week before the screening... so if I havent heard anything by tomorrow... Im just going out there Thursday...

15. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Our SilverCity in Victoria keeps saying they won't know until tomorrow.

Of course, they also didn't know the Odeon downtowm was selling tix as early as last Friday!

- Rani

16. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Well CO's around here are selling now... but Im think of holding out on the SilverCities until Thursday Im sure they will announce it tomorrow that they will sell them Thursday...
    We have to all comfort each other in this time of agonizing pain... caused by waiting...

17. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Yeah, I think the Ciniplex Odeon theaters here in Ottawa are selling tickets too. They're pretty crappy theaters though - I wouldn't want to see any movie there, let alone Star Wars. I'm holding out for Famous Players.

18. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I might stop by on the way home just to see about times and get an afternoon showing there JUST INCASE...
    Or are we all in agreement that Famous Players... should start selling on Thursday?
    How many days in advance did Spiderman go on sale??? Was it a week?

19. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    You know, I'm starting to get the feeling that the line-up at Silvercity in Richmond won't be very long. Especially if FP doesn't announce ticket sales by tomorrow...

20. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I dont think line ups will be very long anywhere.... specially Langley... eerrr well... Riverport will be longer just cos of DLP.... i think

21. Chill

May 2, 2002
    5 1 5 0,
    i'm in agreement with you that thursday seems to be the day.
    t0rg0,
    i have the same feeling too. fp is waiting so long to announce it's going to catch everyone off guard. that's why we have to stay on top of this. if we stay on top of this we could be the only ones buying tickets on thursday (if indeed thursday is the day.

22. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Well look at the states!!! They did a last min thing and everyone was able to snage the times they wanted!!!
    Thank God I have Thursday off...
    Regional Sales Office for BC
    604-588-3663
    Just a little investigation work I did... Im trying to get through but my phone at work wont let me...
    Can someone call and ask???

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Real Quick

We just got word from the manager at our Famous Players theatre at 8:30 Eastern time.

Tickets go on sale at 9:30 PM. One hour notice!!

So call your theatre folks, and confirm

24. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    If this is true for your theatre wont all of em across Canada be the same?

25. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I just called my SilverCity and they still have no idea, but think maybe tomorrow. Unbelievable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.