main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada BAD news folks... about tickets for Famous Players...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Arent you and woofer in Ontario too???
    Geez... this is getting me soooo mad now!!

2. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Yeah, I'm in Ottawa, don't know where woofer is.

3. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Winnipeg is selling tickets. Anyone else?

4. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Excellent news for anyone in Ottawa.

I just spoke with the super-helpful Colin at SilverCity Gloucester.

They have received their "download" for Episode 2 this evening, however they cannot input it into the system until they close tonight. This means, they will be going on sale as of Wednesday morning. Box office at SilverCity opens at 11:30am EDT.

There will be a 12:01am show. They will be running screenings pretty much 24 hours at day, at least for the 1st day (negotiations on number of prints still in the works with LucasFilm).

Finally good news!!! Thank you Colin :)

5. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    download? for dlp screening?

6. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I'm pretty sure they don't have digital here. I think he just meant the download of info on ticket sales.

7. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Awesome stuff 3263827!!!
    We're still waiting here on the West Coast!

8. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I'd suggest calling your theater shortly before they close (I called at about 11:30pm local time). I got someone on the phone right away who actually had some information, and not just some random person at the ticket counter.

9. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    BTW Congrats 3263827!!!

10. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I am so insanely happy!

Quite the chain of events too that going to allow me to buy tickets tomorrow.

Worked an 8 hour shift today. Go home for a few hours. Get a call from my boss asking me to work the graveyard shift tonight. I say yes. 3 hours after finishing my first shift, I'm back at work. I get off at 7am. Going to home, eat, shower, and pick up my buddy at 8am and head to the theater. Oh glory! Did I mention my buddy and I plan on seeing Episode 2 a total of 10 times in a row starting at 12:01am? :)

11. Boromir19

Boromir19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    10 times in a row? Umm, a little excessive buddy but cool for you nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm in LONDON, ONTARIO and my local Silvercity management staff were just informed today (May 7th) that tickets don't go on sale until the 14th of May! Wow, that's really stupid if you ask me. Talk about waiting until the last possible moment. And, to make it worse, every damn theatre in all of London is already selling them! But I have to hold out for Silvercity because the seats are all on different levels (nobody gets in the way, PLAIN VIEW!) and the quality is so much better.

Also, they have no idea whether or not there will be a midnight show or not! Can we say UNORGANISED???? I'm so pissed off.

Anyway, that's the situation in LONDON, ONTARIO if anybody wants to know.

12. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Ouch, that's terrible Boromir19. The rumor is though that there were some nasty contract negotiations between Fox and Famous Players (which is why it's taken even this long to confirm things). I'd guess that theater had some unsual problems to work out.

Yeah 10 times. I saw Episode 1 nine times in a row, and it was an amazing experience. At this time the movie will be good :)

13. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Poor guy I feel for you... we still dont even know when tickets are gonna be on sale in BC yet... well for SilverCity at least...

14. TheHead1

TheHead1 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I posted on the EP2 threads (the one on ticket sales).

Winnipeg indeed selling as of today.

Funny thing - some of their staff don't even seem to realize that.

I bought a bunch after stumbling on them (and being told at different times on different calls) that tickets would be available "next week," "in a few days", "we don't know," etc....

Even after I GOT tickets, I phoned for fun to see what they'd say when I asked "When are EP2 tix going on sale?" (knowing full well I had them), And they seemed surprised...

TheHead1

15. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Yeah, usually when you call you get the people at the ticket counter. They know as much as the people who take your order at McDonald's. Always best to speak directly with a manager/supervisor if possible.

16. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    itd be nice if one was handy when Im there :) We dont even get connected to a living person its always a computer thing... pissin me off now!

17. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I know .. one of the theaters here I was trying to call doesn't have a publicized phone # where you can reach an actual human being. Fortunately the good theater has a live human answering phones.

18. Mission

Mission Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2001
    I thought I would chime in and give some details about Winnipeg as well. Silver City St. Vital doesn't seem to have any midnight shows on Wednesday or Thursday night. Showtimes are 12:00 noon, 3:30, 7:00, and 10:30. Of course that's with only one screen (cinema 1) listed so far so maybe its possible there will be more?

I bought a bunch of tickets for the 10:30. None of my friends can get off work and by the late show the kids should all be in bed.

Like someone else said the boxoffice opens at 11:45 again tomorrow.

Wierd not having to go through the lineup this time, but that is good since I couldn't really abandon work this week at all.

19. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Famous Players lines usually are automated, but there is a trick - there should be a section where you get information about booking birthday parties - they give a phone number. It's the line to a manager. Use this knowledge well, young ones!

20. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Yeah, that's how I got the number for the SilverCity. But the other FP theater (Coliseum) didn't give the direct # under any of the prompts on the automated line.

21. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    did any of you who called that birthday party line get chastised or anything for misusing it? Do they care if u call them about e2 info??

22. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Nobody said anything to me. I got the impression that the calls were being sent to the people running the ticket counter.

23. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    You guys are killing me with all this crazy info. Mission, you are the real deal cause you got it perfect. All FP theatres will be running those same 4 showtimes Thursday May 16th. There may be some large market theatres which run midnights but they are few and far between.

Tickets are on sale right now but only at the theatres. They are currently blocked from movietickets.com. That may change soon and the tickets will go very fast.

The phone numbers you call for info all go to the same place, the theatre. If the theatre is open it is a good bet you will get one of the staff answering the phone. All you have to do to get current info, is ask for a manager.

The booking of AotC was done Tuesday at around 6:30 p.m. and before that no one in the theatre knew what to expect. Hopefully, Fox and Famous can agree on some amiable terms for AotC and each theatre will have many prints of the film and many, many showtimes to choose from. But, this will only be from Friday the 17th on. The first day will be very limited.

So, get out there and get your tickets cause they will be going fast and you don't want to miss out on the first day's excitement.

24. vallsyl

vallsyl Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    What about AMC.... did they start selling tickets (I'm cutting Famous Players out of my list!!!)

25. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I can confirm that our local SilverCity in Victoria will be offering those exact showtimes, too.

Because of threats of media attention into their miscommunications with the Odeon, with whom they are supposed to be in close contact regarding the promotions and cross-showings of Episode II, the promotions manager offered Victory Base advanced sales last night.

The killer thing is, the theatre manager did not even know the Odeon was already selling tickets. This has been the single worst managed case of advance sales he has ever seen.

I told a fellow at the dojo he could get tickets downtown and he just about blew a gasket: he'd expected to be hearing all about it in the news and stuff, with lots of time to get his tickets.

It raises the question of whether the theatres were trying to sabotage the opening weekend. If Lucasfilm is smart, they'll follow up on this whole clusterf***.

Still recovering from the shock,

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.