main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    NUFF SAID!

2. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    So did I. That was rather quick and painless I must say.

3. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    What about Hyperspace members? Was there a place to check if you are a member? All I see is the 4 day pass.

4. Ysrossko

Oct 17, 2006
    That is all I saw as well. Oh I just got the confirmation email. If you membership is active at the time of shipping, they will ship you Fanclub Layard and all the other goodies.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'd assume that if you're NOT a Hyperspace member and you got a 4 day pass, you'd best become one ASAP before somebody notices.

6. wookiesrus

Sep 27, 2004
    I'm a member, but I didn't see any place to actually check before purchasing, saying that I was a Hyperspace member. I went ahead and purchased the 4 day ticket anyway, but now I'm kinda nervous.

7. kypdurron26

kypdurron26 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2006
    this is what the confirmation email said: "If you selected to have your items shipped to you, shipping will start in mid-April, 2007. If your Fan Club membership is current at the time of shipping, we will ship your Fan Club lanyard and your Friends & Family Coupons (if applicable) with your badges."

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Me, too! Here is what you will see when registration is successful:

Check Out

Registration successfully completed!

Thank you for registering. Your order information appears below, as well as the registration message for the events for which you registered. Print this message for your records.

The name "Gen Con LLC" will appear on your credit card bill for this transaction.

Purchase Information:
    Title: 4 Day Adult Badge
    Event Cost: $110.00
    Registration End: 11/2/06 7:30 AM
    Late Registration Fee: $0.00

Subtotal: $110.00
    Badge/Ticket Shipping Fee: $2.95
    Total cost: $112.95

Badge Return Policy

Registration Message for 4 Day Adult Badge

Thank you for registering for Star Wars Celebration IV!

Now that you've purchased your admission badge, get ready for what promises to be the best Star Wars fan party ever as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of the saga as well as look forward to its exciting future.

If you selected to have your items shipped to you, shipping will start in mid-April, 2007. If your Fan Club membership is current at the time of shipping, we will ship your Fan Club lanyard and your Friends & Family Coupons (if applicable) with your badges.

If you selected to pick your items up at Will Call, your badge(s) will be waiting for you at the Will Call booth at the convention. Check the FAQ section at http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration for times which will be posted closer to the event. If you are a Fan Club member, you will pick up your badge, your fan club lanyard, and your Friends & Family Coupons (if applicable) at Will Call. You will be required to bring a photo ID to pick up your materials.

Celebration IV, scheduled for May 24 - 28, 2007 in the Los Angeles Convention Center, will offer more guests, more entertainment, and more Star Wars things to do than any event before ? including a special day for Fan Club Members only. That?s right. Thursday, the first day of the show, will be open only to members of Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club who have purchased 4-day badges, while the general public will be able to attend from Friday through Monday.

Hotel reservations for Celebration IV will open at 10am (PST) on Thursday, November 2nd. You will receive an email on that date with your housing code and instructions for how to reserve a discounted room in the Celebration IV hotel room blocks. Badge registration will be taken offline on Thursday, November 2nd from 7:30am-10:00am (PST) while we run the reports and send out the hotel confirmation email. To ensure that you receive the hotel confirmation email, please add registration@gencon.com to your Address Book or Safe List.

Keep up on all the news and announcements about Celebration IV at starwars.com!

All badges are non-transferable.

All badges are non-refundable after March 30, 2007. No exceptions.

If you wish to cancel your Star Wars Celebration IV registration, you must do so in writing (mail, fax, or email registration@gencon.com). We must receive your cancellation by March 30, 2007 at 12:00 PM PDT. We will not give refunds for cancellations after that time. All refunds are subject to a $15 administrative fee per badge; there are no exceptions. Refunds will be in the form of the original payment.

If you have any questions about registration, please email us at registration@gencon.com.

To join the Official Star Wars Fan Club, please go to www.starwars.com/fanclub.

May the Force be with you!

The Gen Con Team

9. wookiesrus

Sep 27, 2004
    Sweet, thank you

10. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    Got mine too! I can only afford two one day passes. But this will be my first convention! Cant wait!

11. Ysrossko

Oct 17, 2006
    This is my first SW convention as I went to Comic-con one day last year. I am so psyched. May can't come fast enough.

12. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Who hoo! I got mine to! [face_dancing] And after what happened last time - it was remarkably quick and easy. Can't wait to see you all there!

13. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    BA-DA BING BABY!!!! Got my two 4-Day badges for my wife and I. It was quick and painless.

As per the instructions, all Fan Club members will receive their Hyperspace lanyards once the badges are shipped. Gen Con will verify that your membership status is active and then ship the lanyards out accordingly.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Just have to get my badge now for Celebration europe

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Why must you register someone to get an extra badge, yet they give you the option of buying more then one? That confused me.

16. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm all done. Expect to see me and the Pink Jedi Jedi in May. I was a little worried about the fan clu thingy too. If you bought a 4 days badge, they will check to see if you are a hyperspace member before sending you your badges and if you are, voila. You will get the friends adn family coupons and the SPECIAL lanyard.

Now let's all go get a drink and celebrate. :)

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I are celebrating our badge purchase tonight with a little DVD viewing of "A New Hope". We are so psyched it's insane!

Oh yeah.... [face_dancing]

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    If you are worried that they may overlook your membership you can also go into your GenCon profile and select the box that says yes to the question Are you a Star Wars Fan Club Member?

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I got one word, and one word only for all of you fans here:

BADGES!!!!!

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I would have gone insane during the wait if it weren't for all of you!=D= I went to the lunch room after I got the badges and nobody in there cared. The adrinaline is still pumping and they want to talk about some pain in the tush student. Hello... there are more important things going on here!!!

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm sure you guys already saw this earlier when you placed your badge order, but here are the tentative show hours for each day:

Tentative Show Hours:

Thursday, May 24 (FC members only): Noon-Midnight
    Friday, May 25: 9am-Midnight
    Saturday, May 26: 9am-Midnight
    Sunday, May 27: 9am-Midnight
    Monday, May 28: 9am-4pm

22. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    "What about Hyperspace members? Was there a place to check if you are a member? All I see is the 4 day pass."

You should go into your account and check "Yes" for the question, "Are you a Star Wars Fan Club Member?" I'm not so sure Gen Con checks every person to see if someone is a Fan Club member for everyone who's registered. I believe if it says "NO" in your Gen Con account, they may look at that and consider you not a Fan Club Member. So go in and check it, and send an e-mail to them asking if there is anything you need to do to make sure you get all the Fan Club member stuff with your badge, since you alread bought the badges before checking "yes" to the fan club member question in your profile.

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    You don't have to worry, the badges are not scheduled to be shipped until mid-April. At that time, Gen Con will verify/confirm if each person who orderd a badge is a Star Wars FC mamber. If you are a member, then they will simply add the lanyard and green passes to your packet. If not, you will just get the admission badge.

It makes no sense for Gen Con to check member status now, as people will be joining the FC well after they have already bought their badges. Once pre-registering has ended, then they will check for FC membership status before mailing out the badge orders.

24. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Me too!!!![face_dancing]

25. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm not going to order mine until I see if they will approve me for media credentials....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.