main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Battlefront III was 99% complete...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Damn Financial stuff grrr :mad:

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What is this I don't even...*dies*

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, LucasArts royally screwed Free Radical over very badly back then. The Escapist has a good article detailing it, fittingly titled "LucasArts Run by 'Psychopaths'". [face_plain]

5. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/sta...at-really-happened-to-battlefront-iii/544956/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36583026&postcount=79

Make of this what you will.

I was angry at Lucasarts like you guys, but when I read these, I realized that they really weren't at fault (at least not completely). Funny since TuggieGameReviews even said in his 1st video in a series of them based on the supposed proof that BF3 was being made by Spark Unlimited (In which such a revelation of their actual project they were working on turned out to be quite the opposite of what we were theorizing) that he assumed Lucasarts wanted to make sure the game was good before they release it. I guess he was right since they seemingly tried again with Slant Six since files for a potential BF3 appeared in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. It seems they obviously still want to make it but they want it to be good before they do so.

jp-30 likes this.
  6. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

Spazmatron likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm more sad that it contributed to the downfall of Free Radical than the lack of the game itself, honestly...

Life likes this.
  8. Exomnius

Exomnius Jedi Knight

Nov 30, 2012
    Such a shame ....

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I don't believe LucasArts side of the story.

At all.

11. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Wow.... Just wow....

Battlefront.... man... I played that game too much to count. Was my favorite game when I was younger... To hear that the third was 99% done just... breaks my heart =(

Disney please finish/make Battlefront 3 please please please =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =( =(

Someone needs to make it... You know how much money that game would make?! I mean... Anyone who says it isn't a good idea is out of their mind!!!

12. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I highly doubt the 99% number. Games that simply need a little bug-testing don't get canned. Especially not when in an already proven money-maker of a series like Battlefront. I'm thinking Haze being as bad as it was, not to mention as late as BFIII was becoming, had as much to do with it as anything.

SithLord_Darth_Vader likes this.
  13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Would it have been terrible like I and II?

Darth-Lando and Jedi_Matt like this.
  14. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Here's that full article btw: http://www.gamespot.com/news/former...-why-star-wars-battlefront-iii-failed-6400936

I believe the employee on this (with exception to the "Ponzi scheme theory"), especially since most of it falls in line with what I posted earlier in the thread in how that former Rebellion employee claims they hadn't been receiving builds to base their versions of BF3 on, especially him mentioning hearing how "Mediocre" they looked for the time the game was in development.

This isn't like say Star Fox 2 on the SNES which had somewhat more legitimate reasons for cancellation, what with the N64 on the horizon and not wanting to divert attention from it or even the original Earthbound, again for similar reasons despite a second attempt near the end of the NES' lifetime prior to the release of it's successor on the SNES.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36560851 (Images from Slant Six's Battlefront game incase you wanted to see them)

15. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Is
    Is she ever gonna get bored of smashing that. I'm sitting here, completely mezmorised for some reason! And is that the devils phone number outside.[face_devil]

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe they will complete it someday

17. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  18. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    If done right could easily rival call of duty! Id also love to see a StarWar fighting game.

19. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    call of duty is a horrible game to follow.... Same thing every year....

on the IGN poll Halo 4 beat cod bo2 178k votes to 52k votes....

But, no other game matters because there is no other game like battlefront. Because no other game has AI in multiplayer :D

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The PlayStation exclusive Killzone series does have bots in multiplayer, but it is generally played without them, particularly Killzone 2 and 3. I haven't played the last two, Killzone 2 and 3, because I don't have a PS3, but I know of them and I have Killzone for the PS2.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yep. If BF & KotOR both got the HD treatment, I would be a happy gamer again.

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Did anyone ever see the supposed 1hour leaked BF3 game footage video?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't BF 2 released the same year as the 360? if so, they should have released it for the 360

24. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    They did release BF 2 for the 360 actually...

EDIT: Or was that for the original X-Box? I can never remember :p

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The 360 came out a year or two later.
    I don't believe that the game was 99% complete. They would have let something slip or an official announcement that it was coming out.
    SithLordDarthRichie I watched that whole thing. There were some glitches still but looked really fun