main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Battlestar Galactica-Blood & Chrome-So Say We All

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's a solution that I figured out for the entire mess they're in...

Why don't they just fly around for a while at close to lightspeed like the final five did. Then they come back to earth after the Radiation is all gone. Or even better head back to the 12 colonies after the radiation has had time to go away? It's all relativity!

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    There's no need, there aren't that many left to need to inhabit the 12 colonies, they can settle on any world they find with the right conditions.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Hera is still the only cross between a human and a cylon, Tigh and Caprica 6's baby will be the first cross between and Original Recipe Cylon and an Extra Crispy. Tyrol's son turned out to be fully human, Tyrol is not his biological father (one of the episodes you've missed this season).

And no, no one but Tory knows that she killed Callie.

We thought it was the best episode in like 3 seasons because we finally got answers, although they came a little fast and furious, they could have trickled them out better. It was like slow drip and them bam! floodgates open on the info.

Also, i'm sure there are some wonderful comments in this thread, but it annoys me to have to read all that blacked text, so I generally just skip them. I wait until i've seen the episode before coming into this thread.

If either nnaydolem or a Mod would just add spoiler to the title of this thread, we really could just skip the black text.

4. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    The black text makes us COOL. :p

or we could also just do this...
    and make people scroll

SPOILER ALERT!

I wonder if we'll see any flashbacks to the 7th cylon. I think that the preacher guy (what name does he go by since he hates John? I forgot what they were calling him) is like the troubled, rebelling teenager of the skinjobs. Did they screw something up when they made him, but because it was after Ellen's dad she couldn't destroy him? Did Anders know that Starbuck was a copy? Possibly there was more than one resurection ship left in orbit of the earth and somehow she got activated on it. Since the only difference between cylons and humans is something in the dna, it might be that the difference is introduced after they are downloaded, or if they are born to a cylon. If they test Starbuck now, would she show up with the cylon markers?

It sounds like the galactica can't even travel at sublight speeds for the time being, especially with the micro sress fractures. Even traveling at sublight speeds, they would still have taken quite a while to get to the colonies, so I wonder if they kept resurecting themselves.... Also, weren't Boomer and the Chief an item before? I need to go back and watch the first seasons since I've forgotten a lot of what happened.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yes boomer and chief were together in the beginning of the series.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I had to remember that too, I was like, oh, wow this will be the first time they can see each other with both as cylons and Callie gone.

And John's name was Cavil.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Oh and here is my theory, MIND YOU THIS IS JUST A THEORY, I will put some spoiler space in case I happen to right and it ruins it for someone (Linda).

POSSIBLE SPOILER IF I AM RIGHT (THIS IS JUST A THEORY)

They said the 7th Cylon's genentic code was messed with by Cavil in the amniotic stage, and because of that they couldn't make more. They didn't say they destroyed all the copies already made. My theory is that Starbuck is a 7! She is artistic and has all the weird visions. It also explains why she always had a particular hatred for Tigh and Ellen, she had it in the very first scene she was in when she punched him is a fight started by her talking crap about Ellen. As far as her download, it had to have been done by some unknown other constituecy out there that we haven't seen yet, maybe a whole ship full of Kara's that have been out there this whole time. She was downloaded at a time when no other Cylon's have that capability.

(speaking of that i'd like to know where Cavil had been hiding a spare Ellen body from the other skin jobs for 20 years)

I think this is also tied to some unexplained weirdness surrounding Starbuck that they never answered from Razor.

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    but they did. tampering with the amniotic fluid destroyed all of the maturing bodies. thats why he was not around.

9. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Watch it again, i'm pretty sure they said damaged, not destroyed.

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ellen said

"someone contaminated the amniotic fluid in which we were maturing all the daniel copies and the corrupted the genetic formula."

so no new bodies. which might hint at some Daniels are still around.

but she also said

"boxing is not permanent. not like number 7."

when she said those two things it makes me think the Daniels are gone for good. no spare bodies. and John could easily have killed the few or even one daniel that was around. POOF no more 7.

which makes me think starbuck was created as a replacement line in secret.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Im thinking the monkey may be right about starbuck.

12. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    hhhm, the name Daniel rings a serious bell. I have a theory too, but am going to do some research before I blab it.

Just finished the ep, and must take back my hating Ellen comments. The myth arc makes a bit more sense now, and I am perfectly willing to withhold any additional Ellen judgements until the series is finished. I am really digging this!

13. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Just checked a poll (purely speculative) on who Daniel is...curious folks can see the results here.

It appears as though I agree with 41.8% of the voting public. My theory? Daniel was Starbucks father and she is the first hybrid. ;)

I know you dont like the blacked out, but if I am right its a doozy, and I would cry if one of you hit me. :p

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Questions I have, or things that confused me:

1) How is it that the other models of the Significant Eight do not have memories of the Final Five? Wouldn't they have met at some point? For example, this new Cylon, Daniel, was #7. If he was around long enough for him to be Ellen's favorite and for Cavil to be jealous enough to destroy his line... the other models before him would also have to have been around. Did Cavil somehow reprogram ALL the other 2-8 models to block their memories of the Five? Or were there ORIGINAL prototypes of the 2-8 that had interactions with the Five, separate from later copies of the model? Did Cavil kill/box the original prototypes, leaving just models created after the Five were boxed?

2) How could the other models (2-8) not know that they were missing one, ie 7/Daniel? They at least knew that there were a Final Five, but we've never heard them mention or refer to another of their own group being missing.

3) How did the Five get "warnings" of the apocalypse on Earth?

4) Who destroyed the original 13th tribe on Earth? Was it their own version of slave cylons? But wouldn't that be a step backwards for them, given that they themselves were already cylons?

5) Starbuck: Ok, so we're still left with the question of how she fits into all this. This episode invalidates (I think) the theory that Ellen is an older version of the Model Six. We do now know that there was another Cylon model (Seven/Daniel), but that still doesn't explain Starbuck and her apparent rebirth. I have a theory on who she is, but it still doesn't explain everything. I'm starting to ponder... if the Final Five were around back towards the end of the first Cylon War, could Starbuck be the true first human/cylon hybrid? We don't know anything about who her father was, right? And we know that Final Five models can reproduce and that Significant Eight models can reproduce with humans given the right conditions. So could Starbuck be the result of one or another such union? Remember, the only reason we think Hera is the important "first" hybrid is because it is what the Signifigant Eight models think. We've now seen that there are things they don't know... so it's possible they didn't know there was an earlier hybrid. Or for all we know... she could be a natural full Cylon, a result of union between two of the Final Five. Hah! Wouldn't it be SO funny if her parents were literally, biologically Tigh and Ellen? Starbuck and Tigh would probably never recover from that! [face_laugh] I don't think the timing would work, though, unless they had the baby, Cavil caught her, and then somehow delayed her introduction to the Colonies. But in any case... we don't know who her father was, and we don't even know for sure that her mother was her birth mother. But somehow her mother seemed to know that she had a special "destiny" - could her mom have known what she was? However... all of this STILL doesn't explain how Starbuck had a body waiting for resurrection, who built the brand new replacement viper, and who put her in it. Not to mention, how her destroyed viper got from the nebula to Earth. Was it all Cavil's doing? Did he know where Earth was all along (from the Final Five), and this has all been part of his revenge?

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hah! Mistress, looks like we had roughly the same idea at the same time! I was too busy typing up my idea, doing my own reading and then some other stuff before posting, so you beat me to it.

Even if we're right, though, this still begs the questions I brought up... my only theory on that so far is that it's Cavil's doing. He could have known the location of Earth all along from the Final Five. What if he knew about Starbuck (either that she's a hybrid or a natural-born full-blooded cylon), and was responsible for planting her in the colonies himself? He could have created the extra Starbuck bodies... transfered her wreckage to earth, returned her to the fleet... basically, wanting her to lead them to Earth just to twist the knife for the survivors even more. Otherwise, I can't think of who could have set things up for Starbuck. The Final Five didn't have their memories, and were with the Fleet anyway, except for Ellen, who was under guard on Cavil's ship. There seem to be indications of some other power at play (the prophesies, various visions), but all those have been non-corporeal.

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I think "God" was the entity we have to blame/thank for the current carnation of Kara Thrace, and I think its because she is very very important. Is there enough time and effort to take the series down a metaphysical path like that? Unknown. But they talk about the One True God often enough to make me think he/she is an actual entity and will in fact make some sort of appearance on the show before the finale. Only "God" has the power (magic) to rebuild the Viper, and I think they could pull it off. We shall see.

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I take it back. We do know a little something about Starbuck's father - apparently he was a musician, a pianist. I still speculate that we don't know for sure that these were both her biological parents, though.

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Thats what started me down that road...add to that her apparent death and rebirth as well as her reaction to the name of teh 7th model...when hubby said the name Daniel she responded something like, "Daniel? Daniel, are you sure?"

He's her daddy. The more I think of it the more sense it makes.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    huh. My thought on her reaction was that she was trying to verify that it wasn't her, and that he wasn't doing the word salad thing again. Your theory makes a bit more sense, though. [face_thinking]

20. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I thought it was more of an "Are you sure that's the name and it's not me" thing than she knew the name... I'd have to watch it again though to be sure. We don't really know how long Cavil kept the final 5 out of circulation before he decided to send them to the colonies, and given their different ages, (and how long the admiral knew tigh and ellen) it seems like he might have staggered their placement. So I think it's possible that 7 could be the father of Starbuck, and maybe he was corrupted and 'died' early or Cavil found him. Once they had the 8 made, Cavil may not have put them into the population until he was ready to restart the war so that they would be in the middle of it.

I wonder if Starbuck will try to convince them to rebuild the resurrection process when Ellen gets there (if she tells them that they can) so that they can 'reload' Mr. Vegetable or if since he has no brain activity his 'data' is gone.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I wonder if you put an EEG on the base ship's hybrids if it would be flat lined? His rambling word salad really reminded me of them. There will be a way to fix him, I am sure.

I am very excited to see the reunion of Boomer and Galen.

22. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    I think I need to wake up. I read that and thought "why would you put an egg on a hybrid, they aren't hot enough to fry them." :p Maybe they could stick him in the hybrid goo and see if he regenerates or something.

23. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Only 5 more episodes :(

24. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Okay, I'm slowly catching up. Unfortunately, the first episode of the new half season no longer seems to be online/streaming anywhere. But I watched the one after that.

Hotdog? Really? Really?

[face_plain]

I'm still not happy with a lot of what they're doing.

25. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Eh, I don't know if i share your optimism about Ander's fate. I want to, because I like his character... but face it, this is BSG. If there is a happy resolution to a plotline, the writers are sure to do the exact opposite. [face_plain]

It will certainly be interesting to see Boomer come back. Full circle, in a way, for the end of the season. I've always felt that the reason she turned nasty in the middle of the series was because she'd be hurt so much. I don't know whether to be hopeful for her reunion or not. (As stated above, this IS BSG.)

Yeah, I kinda had the same reaction. Hotdog? o_O *shrug* OTOH, I never really got Cally and Tyrol, either. Cally's character seemed to change a lot halfway through the show.