main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread (non-spoilers)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mr_Self_Destrukt, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    :eek:

THEY! ... BUT! .... I.... MUSIC? .... THEY!.... CYLONS!.... AND...FRAK!.... NEBULA?...wow...

Ulkesh, I dunno if you'll be getting a squee or not...but you should have felt the shockwaves eminating about 10 seconds ago....and still coming towards you.

ZOMG

I just....it....they.....wow....

:eek:

EDIT:
    You know what this means???? In the words of my friend "THERE'S NOW A SECOND BABY OBJECT!!!" (another half breed that is!!).

hmmm....following the very religous symbolism, Adam and Eve?

P.S. She also says "I think they should just start a Jimi Hendrix cover band called "They Might Be Cylons". No one will suspect a thing."

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA :p

3. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Hi, all. I recently viewed the last BG episode. I can now count myself a FORMER Battlestar Galactica fan. The producers and writers have finally just hit rock bottom. They tease you with a set up and potential payoff and then back off. Case in point, the "reveal of the final five cylons". No final five Cylons were revealed last night and if there were, how many plot holes does that make? All of these characters - especially one in paticular, have documented backgrounds and family. I say none were revealed because these four came together and just think they are Cylons - this could all be trickery on the part of the Cylons.

Now, the ending. I won't be specific so as to not spoil the show for anyone still waiting to see it. For a group of writers and producers that like to stomp on Star Trek, they sure do like to steal a lot of plot devices. THEY say Star Trek is not relevant/current because it does not change, or it does but then "resets" at the end of the episode. As far as I am concerned, this is what is happening.

BG has been renewed for 13 episodes that will come out in about a year. Big deal, the show ended for me with Exodus part II.

I certainly do not want to upset anyone who enjoys this show. If it makes you happy, good, I'm glad. For me, Battlestar Galactica will always be the Lorene Greene, Richard Hatch version. This new reimagining had its time in the lime light. Time for it to end.

Later,

Edric

4. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I think that they are the Lords of Kobol reincarnated. Angels if you will. There are 5 "Beings of Light" yet 4 crewmen show up on the room. Where is the 5th?

She was flying next to Apollo at the very end of the episode. :)

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    As soon as you finish watching Crossroads Part 2 visit the BG spoilers topic started here on the Evansville topics board. Then backtrack some of my theoritical suggestions. I think it might shed some light on the situation. Key bit of advice is not to accept everything you see in Crossroads Part 2 at face value. A bigger more surrealistic game is afoot. All Along The Watchtower is a perfect fit for this game. Just read the theories and relax. No need to get excited. Said the joker to the thief. HEH-HEH-HEH

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    The THIEF says 'no reason to get excited' :p

7. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Hmmm...guess the THIEF stole that song line from the joker. HEH-HEH-HEH
    8-}

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah, yes I've read that interview with Ronald Moore as well. Very interesting.

Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, Tory are a "different kind of Cylon" according to RM. Hmmm...

In the case of Tigh these Cylon models must age. They have long memories, but so did Sharon. She after all did remember family (though if memory serves they were adoptive parents).

My thinking is that what makes Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory different from the other 'skinjobs' is the method by which they became Cylons. They are clones of both body and mind. The real Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory were replaced at some point beyond the scope of the current series.

It might be that at some point the real Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, Tory were replaced by Cylon created clones. The real Tigh may have dissappeared during the First Cylon War and was replaced with a Cylon clone of both body and mind. Or it may have happened after the First Cylon War - after all we know drunks black out. Maybe he was replaced during a hard day with a bottle. As for the others - if this theory happens to be correct - who knows when exactly the abductions took place.

The other Cylons were kept in the dark about the five 'deep cover agents'.

10. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Oh the discussions we will have at our next Book Club meeting.

11. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I just don't get 4 people showing up in a room and thinking, "Hey we all showed up, we must be cylons!". What the frakk gave them that idea? That would be like Mike-El, Ulkesh2, someone else, and myself showing up at CQ and going, "wow, we all showed up here at the same time. We must be Trekkies or something." While that is happening, a dead person is out telling Scott that they have the jump information that will take us to Endor. What the frakk?

12. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

brilliant! that's a right beautiful image, that is!

Ulkesh: abducted?...that's QUITE a theory you've got there...

I don't know if I like the idea of cylons abducting someone like Tigh and replacing him with one of their own. Besides, wouldn't Bill (of ALL people) notice? And Ellen?
    ...It might work as a theory for everyone else involved, but I just can't see Bill and ellen being tricked like that.

I'm thinking that maybe certian cylons could be "reincarnated"...ish. Not exactly like the others - they would be born, live a life, die, and their conscienceness could be re-implanted/downloaded into a surrogate mother chosen to bear the new cylon. They'd be activated only if they ever needed to be.

Dunno, I know that's WAY off base here, but I'm throwing it out in the open anywho :D

P.S. he's right....we're. all. Trekkies...

13. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    The shows just gotten so confusing, I don't even thing the writers know what to do. With Babylon 5, there was at least a plan and JMS would tease then pay off, tease, then payoff. These guys just don't give a flip about story - the new BG is simply "Shock TV". It is a B-Movie.

Peace,
    Edric

14. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Old Drunk Guy Voice: I don't know about you YP, but I Am Not A Vulcan Lover!

15. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I think sex with a Vulcan would be quite the bore. Too damn logical.

Now with a Twilek, bantha-style all the way!!!

I know one Twilek's sarlac pit that I would twirl my lightsaber in! ;)

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    *shudders* :rolleyes: men...

you know, there ARE ladies present on these boards :eek:

(stacky - don't you DARE ask me where :p )

17. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Now now Lierin, if we can publically drool over real men in kilts, they can publically drool over imaginary females with tentacles on their heads. *smirk*

18. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Thanks Goddess. That's all we ask.

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    How about real women in kilts with tentacles on their heads :p

And by the way, I move that the film's image of Aayla Secura is innacurate ... we all know there's a lower back tattoo there :p

20. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Might as well be a bullseye!

21. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    *grins*

kkkiiiillllltttttttttttttt

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  23. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    "There must be some way out of here",
    said the joker to the thief
    "There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
    Businessmen they drink my wine, plowman dig my earth,
    None of them along the line know what any of it is worth"

"No need to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    "There are many here among us who think that life is but a joke
    But you and I, we've been through that, and that is not our fate,
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view,
    while all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too
    Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
    two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl

by Bob Dylan

Now in reverse...

So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late"
    But you and I, we've been through that, and that is not our fate,
    "There are many here among us who think that life is but a joke
    "No need to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    None of them along the line know what any of it is worth"
    Businessmen they drink my wine, plowman dig my earth,
    "There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief
    said the joker to the thief
    "There must be some way out of here"

Now lets assume the the order of the reversed lyrics is the way the story is meant to be told and this is fact the way Bob Dylan intended it.

Starbuck being the wildcat, she was never tame and the 2 riders being Apollo and Starbuck

The followers of Baltar taking him into seclusion

Adama, Gaeta, and Helo watching as the attack unfolds and the watchtower being Galactica

The rest as I can pull more from my arse, it's kinda empty now.

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Ah, but Mik-El...

PRINCES (plural)are watching from along the watchtower

I don't think this refers to Adama, Helo, and the others you mention. Rather I think the reference to PRINCES is aimed at the 'Beings of Light' on the balcony in the Kobollian Opera House. The 'Beings of Light' are the Lords of Kobol. The Lords of Kobol are in a manner of speaking princes (royal leaders). The balcony that the 'Beings of Light' are on is more akin to a watchtower. They are after all looking down upon Roslin, Sharon, Caprica Six in the dream.

25. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I think Ulkesh has a better grip on the series then the writters do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.