main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Begun these Clone Wars have!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by monkeynutz1, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeynutz1

monkeynutz1 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2004
    The Clone Army has begun its invasion!

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    say what??

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
  4. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    He/she is attempting to do what I said I would do if I were banned: making the same screen name with a digit after it.

Brandon

5. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    He/She? Transexual?

6. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Probably. The screen name sounds male, but the profile claims to be female...

Brandon

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    It's generally policy not to discuss individual bans, but this user's username was decided by the Mod Squad to be inappropriate. The name was banned. Thus, this name as been banned, as well.

If you're reading this, find a different username.

And so you guys know, we CAN perform an IP-ban to keep you from logging in to the site under any username from your computer. If you get banned, just wait until the ban period's up (usually 24 hours) after which you'll be unbanned. Perma-bans are not handed out on a regular basis; usually, only trolls, extremely troublesome users, and inappropriate usernames are perma-banned.

Dana

8. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    I know I only speak for me and one other user that I know of (I won't mention who), but, in reality, wouldn't it be kind of cool to be perma-banned? I don't mean ask for in the way of saying, "Hey, can I please be perma-banned?" But to actually do enough to be perma-banned. It would be like a badge of honor, a legendary accomplishment within a particular forum.

Plus, in the end, the fact is that there are plenty of people out there, and I know I am not the only on here, that the IP ban would simply not work. There are plenty of ways around that.

It's funny, though, this entire forum was running so amazingly smoothly for, what, well over a year? And, now, within a few days it is one big miserable place.

We simply are the only Star Wars group that has meetings where Star Wars is never discussed and, if it is, it is made fun of. We are probably the only Star Wars group that, like it or not, DOES talk about "adult" issues at gatherings. In fact, no one has said it, but I will: we are just not a group that accepts everyone. It's strange, and I don't know why that is, but just read some old posts here, and you'll see that that is how it is. I know for a fact other "Fan Force" chapters welcome everyone, and everyone *does* get along. Yes, disagreements happen, but they meet, talk about Star Wars issues, laugh, have people of all ages, stay polite, etc. Someway, somehow, that is just NOT how Orlando has ever been. I think the average age is around 28 or so. It's not that young people cannot show up. That is not the issue at all. But the fact is that the *only* "younger" person that clicks with everyone, that HAS a sense of humor, that can grasp things, is Stefanie (Chewbacca1138).

If anyone does come to our meetings, fully expect the following: talking about some Star Wars collectables; making fun of Star Wars; talking about movies; making fun of people; 'cussing'; sexual conversations; some people with extremely dark senses of humor; jokes about things that most 'normal' people would insist should never be joked about; deciding on where to eat; when we do eat, more sexual jokes and discussion about food items (who can forget Campbell's... stuff... on Stefanie's face? (Note to any moderator: that is not dirty, it DID happen, and it HAS been discussed here in the past in far dirtier terms, and that was never edited)); after eating deciding on what, if anything, to do next; talk of why there are very few attractive female Star Wars' fans; listen to me make comments attempt to start debates which, oddly, end in arguments; talk about Ia's Blue Scarf of Wonder; talk about Dale working out; talk about Campbell's new position at his place of employment; listen to Campbell and me talk about Bjork; talk about a Fan Film that will never be made then have me make fun of every single fan film ever made (well, minus three or four of them); talk about Ia's script which, actually, I DO want to read one day; talk about Fan Fiction, have some people say it is okay, have others say it is ridiculous and there is no good Fan Fiction anywhere, it's all garbage, and have others simply not care either way; talk about costuming; argue some more; talk about firearms; talk movies again; talk about the Olympics; realize that, probably, 85% of the people will be drinking alcohol; and, well, more.

*That* is an Orlando System (Fan Force) meeting. That is what people need to expect, and that will not be changed. If there are those that want this group to be different (and, believe it or not, that is fine by me), then they need to make an Orlando System 2 or something like that; then Orlando can have two groups, perhaps two forums, and all will be well.

I just typed all of that in about four minutes without my glasses on while watching the Olympics and letting my shower warm up. I hope it made some sense.

Brandon

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    The meetings of the Fan Force where I'm from are pretty much like that. We only have one member under the age of 18, and he only attends perhaps one meeting out of five.

What you discuss at your offline meetings does not affect the boards. It's your online conduct on the boards that is subject to the rules of the boards. It may seem ridiculous to you; I understand that completely. But the rules are the rules, and they must be followed.

The language rules are being discussed further, but at this moment in time, they stand as they are. If you'd like to see the current list, they are available in the FAQ in Fan Fiction, or I'm sure someone in Communications would be happy to help you.

Dana

10. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Same here. We have no one under 18 and we have yet to have a meeting focused on Star Wars. We go bowling, rock climbing, and next we're doing a Farscape party.

11. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    It's the age issue that is really the only "issue" with many groups (not just Star Wars). That's the thing, our group has absolutely NOTHING against people under 18 attending. We has been stated, and is about to be stated again, Anthony did show up once and was welcomed. Of course, it was not the best meeting. We didn't really know each other yet, his dad showed up with him (who is also welcomed, but then it *did* become awkard to speak how we normally do).

On the other end, Stefanie is, technically, still under 18, and she was the one who got me to go. She can hold a conversation with anyone and easily jump into any conversation. Other people her age, of course, would not be able to do so. Trust me when I tell you, her sense of humor is profound and well beyond what most people will ever possess. Hell, most people always assumed she was slightly older than she was.

So, really, it all depends upon the person. All I was saying is that it should be known that that is how our meetings are. So, if someone reads these boards and is thinking of coming, it's only fair they know what to expect. If anyone wishes to attend, if they are 13 or 93, we absolutely do not mind (unless you're horribly deformed or something like that or an absolutely obese female (rude? Maybe. The truth? Without a doubt)), just know how our gatherings go. If you are into that, and don't mind people making jabs at you, you'll love it. And, trust me, ALL OF US have been laughed at before for various reasons. It's just what we do.

Brandon

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, there's a difference between making jests and flaming. Anyway . . . I'm not exactly getting why you're explaining this. I mean, yes, nice to know, but what prompted the explanation? *is curious*

Dana

13. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh, I actually do agree with you in that there is a difference between making jests and flaming. However, in saying that, I'll admit that I do both. They're both fun.

As for what prompted all of that... Well, if you go back and re-read everything that has been posted in the last week and a half, it seems it not only has to do with the boards here but also stuff in real life. I simply wished to inform people of what goes on at our meetings, what TO expect and what NOT to expect. I know for a fact that there are people lurking here. We were all lurkers at once. In regards to meetings, again Star Wars related or something else entirely, a vast majority of people "expect" something. They have this vision in their heads of what it is going to be like. When it comes down to it, this is not fair to them or the people at the meetings.

If you read my last two posts, I honestly feel I give a perfect reflection of what ours are like. In the first I talk about what goes on at them, and in the second I touch upon the age issue.

Plus, and every last person here will agree on this, I bring stuff up out of nowhere that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever or has nothing to do with the topic at hand. This time it did, but had I had an urge to type that in a new thread, I still would have done so.

In the end, it just appears that there are some here that don't agree with how things are done here and in the real world. I am just pointing out that that is fine, but disagreeing will not change it. The way we do stuff in person will not change, and the way we conduct ourselves here will not change. I don't believe any of us are going to hold back on our choice of words here or the topic of our discussions here. I could care less what people think of what I say here, including moderators, but at the same time, I don't care what people think in person, either.

Actually, I just lied. That is not entirely true. I care what some people think. At final count, the number of those people total 3. If THOSE three were to be offended or upset about something I said, I would then, more likely than not, care.

Brandon

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    All right. :) Thanks for clearing that up.

But, like I've said, offline FanForce stuff isn't really applicable to the rules here on the boards. I know it's annoying, but that's the way it is. And I'm just trying to do my job. I don't want to change the way you guys do things. That's the last thing I want to do. I just want to make sure that things here on the boards side fits in with the rules so nasty stuff doesn't happen. :)

Dana

15. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I by the way still do not wear panties. Im still upset that a moderator would post something like that, and still do not care to be around people like that.

16. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Let's not open up an old can of worms, okieday? :)

No matter what you guys do at your real life meetings, the rules here must be followed, as this is a private site...so technically, it is not a democracy, although I try to moderate this region with a light touch. I have never been overly intrusive and I do not want to be so now, but you guys have got to keep things civil and family friendly in these forums. You may not agree with that, and perhaps I don't agree with all the rules, but they are not really that hard to follow. Cursing is not a pre-requisite for intelligent conversation, and flaming people is not required for having fun here.

So please, help me keep this place civil and I'll do my best to not drive y'all crazy by getting all RSA-like on you. ;)

As always, if anyone wants to discuss anything with me, just send me a PM. I'm not able to get online at work much anymore, so if you do send me a PM, it may be later in the evening before I respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.