main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Beneath a Steel Sky

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Reynar_Tedros, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    They are here, in this world, living among us. Exo Sapiens, we call them. Humans possessing traits that exceed the boundaries of our species. They come from all walks of life. Some don't even know who, or what, they really are.

The abilities that these people possess have only been seen within the pages of fiction. Lightning fast speed. The strength of ten men. Some choose to see these attributes as gifts. To others, burdens. There are some who use them for good, others for evil. And there are those who do not use them at all, rather ignore them and go on about their lives as if their strange abnormalities did not exist.

Here, there are no superheroes or supervillains. There are only those trying to find their place in the world. Some go about it more extremely than others, but we all share the same goal in the end. Self fulfillment, you could call it.

For some Exo Sapiens, their unique talents come with responsibilities. They believe that with their gifts, they can leave the world in a better shape than they found it. And I help them make that dream a reality.

My name is Benjamin Alexander. I am the founder of a secret task force known as S.T.E.E.L., employed by the United States Government, consisting of a team of Exo Sapiens who do jobs no ordinary human being can accomplish. We hunt down members of our kind who choose to rebel against the law. Our job isn't easy. Sometimes, it's downright filthy. But we do what we have to in order to fulfill the goals we set for ourselves in life.

After all, isn't that why we're here?

[blockquote][b]Beneath a Steel Sky[/b][/blockquote]
    [hr]

[b][u]Introduction[/u][/b]

Hello, one and all, and welcome to [b]Beneath a Steel Sky[/b], a gritty and realistic take on the superhero genre set in modern day United States. In this game, you will be playing as an Exo Sapien, and that's where the specifics end. How you wish to go about it is your business. You can be an Olympic gold medalist, a billionaire businessman, a housewife with three children, a homeless man with a drug addiction, an assassin, a thief, etc. You can also choose to become involved with the aforementioned S.T.E.E.L. or already be affiliated with them. This task force is more akin to the CIA than the Justice League. They don't wear tights, they don't have aliases, they don't lead double lives. They investigate, arrest, and use any resources necessary to bring down fugitive Exo Sapiens.

So! If you're interested, which I really hope you are, just read the following rules, fill out the character sheet, and we can get started. :)

[b][u]Rules[/u][/b]

1. All character sheets must be PMed to the GM for approval.
    2. The TOS must be obeyed. No spamming, flaming, baiting, trolling, etc.
    3. To the best of your ability, use proper spelling and grammar.
    4. God-moding is prohibited.
    5. No doubles of special abilities. If someone is already a fire user or a regenerative character, then you must think of something else. If you'd strongly like to have an exception to this rule, PM me and we can discuss it.
    5. Do your best to be creative with your characters. Remember, you can literally be anything you want. I don't want to see the same character types over and over again.
    5. Have a good time!

[b][u]Character Sheet:[/u][/b]

Name:
    Hometown:
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits:
    Appearance
    ---Build:
    ---Skin Color:
    ---Hair Color/Style:
    ---Eye Color:
    ---Clothing:
    ---Other Details:
    Abilities
    ---Powers: [i]Keep it within reason.[/i]
    ---Weaknesses: [i]Most Exo Sapiens have them. For instance, a fire user's obvious weakness is water. Or perhaps you're not able to fly when you've stuffed yourself with food.[/i]
    Occupation: [i]Can be anything. Lawyer, nurse, mathematician, author, police officer, hitman, athlete, etc.[/i]
    Biography:
    Goals: [i]This section is for my eyes only. Basically, I want to know what you want to accomplish in this game. Do you want your character to save another from death? Do you want to become a villain? Do you want to win the lottery? Do you want to get married? Let me know, a

2. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Name: Shinji Katsurgai
    Hometown: Obama, Japan
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Quiet and meek. Usually tries to avoid conflict unless he uses his powers. When he takes off the headphones, he becomes aggressive and borderline arrogant. When trying not to use his powers in a situation, he often plays with his headphones as if he is desperately trying to keep them on his head.

---Likes: Likes American Movies, Manga, Walks in the wilderness, any place with privacy or that is loud

---Dislikes: Crowded Streets, Cramped areas.

Appearance

---Build: Lean, but is well toned and tall.

---Skin Color: Yellow

---Hair Color/Style: Dark Black, has a short messy style often combed down, makign the edges almost look like daggers

---Eye Color: Dark Brown, and one is Blue.

---Clothing: Normal business suit and black sunglasses.

---Other Details: Always wears head phones and has a silver I'Pod on full blast, and has to turn them off to use his powers
    Abilities

---Powers: Powerful Mind Reading of anyone within a 300 meter radius, either all at once or from a specific individual if he concentrates, though his range is reduced when he focuses on a single target. This can not be blocked and if he concentrates hard enough and prod out deep memories that the person themselves might have forgotten. He uses this along with their insecurities to blackmail, manipulate, and humiliate them. Skilled Martial Artist and Free Runner

---Weaknesses: Can't turn off his powers ever, and needs his I'Pod to drown out the sound of others thoughts. When using it on a group of people (of three or more), all the thoughts come at once, and often drown out his thoughts (witch when not focusing on when person is his default mode of power) With his own thoughts becoming drowned out, he often enters panic or hysteria due to unable to understand the influx of thoughts or most of his own for that matter. When using his power on more than one person, he is reduced to hearing nothing more than "Surface Thoughts" and emotions, with only the occasional deep thoughts gleaning from it.

Occupation: Private Detective/ Lawyer. Hired to make messes go away, or cause them for major corporations, by blackmail.

Biography:
    It stinks living in Japan, and not fitting in to say the least. It is a society that demands conformity in nearly all things. Shinji did not fit in, to put it lightly. His left eye being Blue would have been enough for him to be picked on, but briefly living over seas was the last nail in the coffin. No matter what he did or said, no matter how cool he acted or looked. He was an outsider. Very few openly bullied him at all, not only because he was far from weak and could put up a fight, but because isolation is a far more common tool for pain anywhere in the world.

Anytime there was a party, any time people where going to play basketball somewhere, whenever anyone is doing anything in a large group he wasn't invited. When ever he asked to do anything he was condescendingly put down. Anytime he tried to connect to someone outside his small circle of outcasts he called friends. Things slightly changed for the better and worse in high school. That is when his powers developed, and was when his powers where controllable. He used his powers to harass his peers in unseen ways, until the gave him the appearance of acceptance and but secretly loathed him. He knew it deep down, but tried to lie to himself and say he was imgining this.

As his powers began to spiral out of control, the more his life seemed to come more and more seemed on the outside to become more worthy of envy. He had graduated at the top of his class at Tokyo University, and had landed a high paying job working for himself as a corporate hitman for hire. Whenever a company thought they had been wronged by another, wanted to buy another out but wanted to cut the cost necessary to do so, or a million other small things. He was considered the best. But it is getting harder and harder to live a normal life, and pretty soon having a house in the middle of nowhere and blast

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    R_T Approved!!

Name: Joe Fitch
    Hometown: Moscow
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Massive food consumption
    ---Dislikes: Non Fiction, criminals, world politics
    Appearance
    ---Build: Large-Muscular
    ---Skin Color: Pale
    ---Hair Color/Style: Black, shoulder length
    ---Eye Color: Dark brown
    ---Clothing: Black jeans, black leather jacket, and
    [image=http://www.noisebot.com/images/orange-cream.gif]
    ---Other Details: None
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Ultra-human strength
    ---Weaknesses: Electricity
    Biography: What can I say? I was born in Russia, got a serious accent, and developed a strong passion for history. My school years were okay, played some sports, dated some girls, but for the most part, I was an outcast. Not because oof my powers, just because other kids thought I was weird. I knew I had powers when I was seven and knew that I could not use them, that would just make things worse. Graduated when I was seventeen and moved to the states to go to a New York College and also because they have a massive art and music explosion there. I work in NYC at this large library, more than minimum wage and it gets me by. Small apartment, no girlfriend, I wear weird shirts, and like to go to poetry readings and watch cartoons and the history channel.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Reynar Approved!

Name: Alphonse Durand
    Hometown: Paris, France
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Cautious and calculating ? he has time to act and he knows it. Slow to anger, but once he is angry, it can get out of hand quickly.
    ---Likes: Foreign cuisine, a good book, a good glass of wine, the latest technological innovations
    ---Dislikes: ?Lesser? wines, uppity young brats, and when things don?t go his way.
    Appearance
    ---Build: Rugged features, with a reasonable degree of musculature. Roughly 1.9 m tall
    ---Hair Color/Style: Black, slicked back to just below his ear level
    ---Eye Color: Green
    ---Clothing: Black western business suit with a dark blue collared shirt and a black tie.
    ---Other Details: Often wears black sunglasses and a Bluetooth headset
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Alphonse is immortal, and has a regenerative factor that allows him to recover from any injury.
    ---Weaknesses: The more severe his injuries are, the more time it takes for him to recover (The longest particular instance involved multiple gunshot wounds to his head. That alone took about a decade). Fatal wounds take at least a year or two for him to recover from, and when he comes back at least one aspect of his appearance will have changed. Furthermore, he is not immune to pain, sickness, or the discomforts of hunger and thirst (Although the latter three cannot actually kill him).

Occupation: Currently the CEO of a large banking firm in New York, but has been, among other things: A knight, a serf, a priest, a philosopher, a political advisor, a steamboat captain, a pirate, and the deity of a small island.

Biography: Alphonse Durand, or ?Al? as his American co-workers know him, is a French immigrant currently residing in New York who worked his way up from an entry level position to be the CEO of a large corporation.

This is a lie ? a carefully fabricated façade devised by Alphonse to hide the truth. That is, he is immortal, well over five centuries old. During his long life, he has seen it all and done it all, picked up more than a few languages, and naturally has a good grasp of history. The tradeoff is that every forty years or so he has to go out into the woods, or the mountains, or what have you, and come back as a new person? barring, of course, a lethal injury, in which case he?ll be knocked out of commission anyway and then come back with a new face.

Regardless, he is very much enjoying his current life as a Wall Street CEO, especially since his company is doing well despite the current economic downturn. After all, he can afford his wine and his books: He is content.

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Approved!

Name: ASH
    Hometown: Unknown. Currently based in NYC area.
    Personality: Dark, brooding. Observant. Tactical. Focused. Loner.
    ---Traits/Habits: Likes to run probable combat scenarios whenever he encounters a new Exo.
    ---Dislikes: Despots, powermongers, crime.
    Appearance: stern, yet youthful face. Always appears in his dark armour.
    ---Build: Olympic gymnast. Athletic in a superlative sense.
    ---Skin Color: Tan.
    ---Hair Color/Style: Longish silver hair.
    ---Eye Color:(real eye is honycomb optic lense) Blue grey
    ---Clothing: Often drapes a black cloak about himself, or wears a black kevlar trench. Varies.
    ---Other Details: See Bio.
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Ash is a highly advanced cybernetic being. His many capabilities include enhanced senses, incredible strength and speed as well as being highly imprevious to harm. As a Master combatant, Ash is in the top tier. He is a Master in hand to hand combat and the use of several blunt and bladed weapons. He is also quite a marksman. His most common weapons are his M-Blades for CQC and his sonic emitters.
    ---Weaknesses: Despite his protective shielding, Ash is vulnerable to both Electromagnetism and ionic energy.
    Biography: Ash was an orphan. His athletic potential was discovered at a young age and he was brought to a secret laboratory where he was experimented on to become a new kind of super soldier. This was loosely known as the CSS Project. Ash grew up in the lab and became one of the top five elites in a very short time period. Testing and upgrading were rigorous, alienating and brutal procedures, but this was the only life Ash knew. Ash became an operative agent before age 13, and by age 15, he had over 250 successful mission kills. The CSS Project success did not last however. It's still unclear what really happened, but on a cold winter night, the CSS compound was attacked and forcibly shut down by an overwhelming paramilitary force. That night, Ash knew freedom.

At present, Ash has gone on several successful missions for S.T.E.E.L, but has yet to decide on joining.

6. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    EDITED CS (I hated my crappy grammar, sorry)

Name: Shinji Katsurgai

Hometown: Obama, Japan

Personality

---Traits/Habits: Quiet and meek. Usually tries to avoid conflict unless he uses his powers. When he takes off the headphones, he becomes aggressive and borderline arrogant. When trying not to use his powers in a situation, he often plays with his headphones as if he is desperately trying to keep them on his head.

---Likes: Likes American Movies, Manga, Walks in the wilderness, any place with privacy or that is loud

---Dislikes: Crowded Streets, Cramped areas.

Appearance

---Build: Lean, but is well toned and tall.

---Skin Color: Yellow

---Hair Color/Style: Dark Black, has a short messy style often combed down, making the edges almost look like daggers

---Eye Color: One is dark Brown, and one is Blue.

---Clothing: Normal business suit and black sunglasses.

---Other Details: Always wears head phones and has a silver I'Pod on full blast, and has to turn them off to use his powers
    Abilities

---Powers: Powerful Mind Reader. Can read the mind of anyone within a 300 meter radius, either all at once or from a specific individual if he concentrates, though his range is reduced when he focuses on a single target. This can not be blocked and if he concentrates hard enough and prod out deep memories that the person themselves might have forgotten. He uses this along with their insecurities to blackmail, manipulate, and humiliate them. Skilled Martial Artist and Free Runner

---Weaknesses: Can't turn off his powers ever, and needs his I'Pod to drown out the sound of others thoughts. When using it on a group of people (of three or more), all the thoughts come at once, and often drown out his thoughts (witch when not focusing on when person is his default mode of power) With his own thoughts becoming drowned out, he often enters panic or hysteria due to unable to understand the influx of thoughts or most of his own for that matter. When using his power on more than one person, he is reduced to hearing nothing more than "Surface Thoughts" and emotions, with only the occasional deep thoughts gleaning from it.

Occupation: Private Detective/ Lawyer. Hired to make messes go away, or cause them for major corporations, by blackmail.

Biography:

It stinks living in Japan, and not fitting in to say the least. It is a society that demands conformity in nearly all things. Shinji did not fit in, to put it lightly. His left eye being Blue would have been enough for him to be picked on, but briefly living over seas was the last nail in the coffin. No matter what he did or said, no matter how cool he acted or looked. He was an outsider. Very few openly bullied him at all, not only because he was far from weak and could put up a fight, but because isolation is a far more common tool for pain anywhere in the world.

Anytime there was a party, any time people where going to play basketball somewhere, whenever anyone is doing anything in a large group he wasn't invited. When ever he asked to do anything he was condescendingly put down. Anytime he tried to connect to someone outside his small circle of outcasts he called friends. Things slightly changed for the better and worse in high school. That is when his powers developed, and was when his powers where controllable. He used his powers to harass his peers in unseen ways, until the gave him the appearance of acceptance and but secretly loathed him. He knew it deep down, but tried to lie to himself and say he was imagining this.

As his powers began to spiral out of control, the more and more seemed to others that his life had become one worthy of envy. He had graduated at the top of his class at Tokyo University, and had landed a high paying job working for himself as a corporate hit man for hire. He was considered the best at what he did. Whenever a company thought they had been wronged by another, wanted to buy another out but wanted t

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Approved!

Name: Valentin Vasilivich Stukov

Hometown: Kalyazin, Russia

Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Valentin is supremely confident in his own survival; he has unlimited time. His plans may fail, but he will survive. Valentin leans towards the bold, but is not afraid of being patient and exacting.
    ---Dislikes: Alphonse Durand, Barbarians, and overt caution.

Appearance
    ---Build: 1.9 metres, lithe
    ---Skin Color: fair
    ---Hair Color/Style: Valentin is known to change his hair colour on a whim; currently, it is blonde and short.
    ---Eye Color: Gray
    ---Clothing: Valentin wears the finest clothes he can find; currently, a Versace suit in black and a loose red tie. He wears it with a dilettante air, uncaring of the price.
    ---Other Details: Valentin currently has a running along his right cheek. It will vanish in years to come.

Abilities
    ---Powers: Immortal and regenerative.
    ---Weaknesses: Healing takes time. A death-like state can be induced by starvation, drowning, gunshots, etc, but Valentin will merely rise up again...given the time.

Occupation: A self-styled entrepreneur. He has amassed much wealth through various means; not always morally upright.

Biography:
    Born in what would eventually become Kalyazin, Russia, Valentin did not discover his powers until he "died" at the hands of Tartar invaders in the 1400's. He set about traveling after discovering his gifts, knowing his comrades would return to Kalyazin to report his tragic death to the village. An attempt at return resulted in his being driven from town and burned alive. Later that night he awoke in pain, burnt and blackened, to exact his revenge on his old "friends". He left again, taking furs and a team of dogs in the deep winter and traveling west across the steppe. He discovered the world. Time was spent in France with the King before his head was removed, then with Robespierre as the Bastille was stormed. He was present in Peter the Great's court. Valentin was caught in the bloody Russian Revolution. Valentin fought in Stalingrad. He was drowned when Kalyazin was flooded. He has seen it all. Along the way, he encountered Alphonse Durand and the two travelled for a while together. Eventually, the had a falling out; since then, it has been Valentin's goal to exact revenge and express his hate for the Frenchman.

Currently, Valentin is revisiting New York in the hopes of confronting Alphonse once more for an apology.

8. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    REYNAR! approved this sheet. :)

Name: Titan ?Ty? Smith
    Hometown: Orlando, Florida
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Hyper intelligent, Aggressive, Adaptive, Handsome, Detached, Honest. Alcoholic; smoker.
    ---Likes: Boxing, Movies, Photography, Drinking, Smoking, Women, Danger, Pain.
    ---Dislikes: Jerks, Material possessions, Ostentation, Elitists, Complaints.
    Appearance
    ---Build: 6?2?, 200 lbs, Muscular upper body, Lean legs.
    ---Skin Color: Pale, but free of freckles.
    ---Hair Color/Style: Naturally wild, yet not curly. Black, cut relatively short. A full trimmed beard.
    ---Eye Color: Brown
    ---Clothing: Alternates between striped dress shirts and tight-fitted t-shirts. Constantly wears jeans. Sebago Docksides. During fights, Titan wears gold shorts and custom-made black boxing gloves.
    ---Other Details: Gnarly, calloused hands.
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Rapid healing, Damage resistance, Superior physical strength, enhanced senses.
    ---Weaknesses: Several concussions have left Titan with a gap into his mind. Constant breaking of bones and muscle tears are deteriorating Titan?s body, and he is unaware.
    Biography: Titan Smith was an atypical popular kid. Growing up, he displayed a genius level intellect, but often shirked his responsibilities. Titan was a very competitive child, challenging everyone he could to all manners of competitions. He joined, and subsequently quit, every single male-centric sports team, at his high school. At first, he assumed that his lack of satisfaction, came from the fact that he wasn?t challenged at all by his peers? athletic capabilities. However, he proved this theory to be false, when he first started boxing. The initial novelty failed to wear off, when Titan stepped into a ring. He enjoyed the sounds and the natural smell, of boxing, but most of all, he enjoyed inflicting pain.

Titan Smith?s personal life, was similarly handled. He made quick, impulsive choices, and, just as quickly, grew dissatisfied. His romantic relationships were doomed, before they began, because he just made a decision to leave, on a dime, and didn?t look back.

Titan displayed the same reckless impulsiveness, when he made all of his choices. But, he always had a way to justify his actions. Titan was brutally honest. He began smoking, because he liked the smell of cigarettes, and he continued smoking, because he liked the taste. The same reasons carried over into his foray into alcohol. He spoke his mind, when he felt like it, and held his tongue, when he felt like it. He had clear views, that were absolute. Titan was only swayed by logic or fact.

As his life continued, Titan further ignored his explosive learning capabilities to pursure a career as a boxer. However, he got his start, from bare-knuckle brawls. Titan vented his anger outside of bars, and in alleyways, with merciless abandon. He was thrust into the world of international boxing, when he got in a fight with one of the sport?s champions. As was uniform in his life, he won the fight, and the boxer?s manager replaced him with Titan.

Now an accomplished veteran, Titan has set various records for consecutive wins and fastest K.O.s. He was however, not without his losses. Though most of his lost fights resulted from his own attitude, where he left the ring in the middle of the fight, he was outlasted on two occasions. To this day, Titan has never been knocked out.

9. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    GM-Approved!

[b]Name:[/b] Victor Gates
    [b]Gender:[/b] Male
    [b]Age: [/b] 35
    [b]Hometown:[/b] California
    [i][b]Personality [/b][/i]
    ---[b]Traits/Habits:[/b] Victor paces when he is in deep thought.
    ---[b]Likes: [/b] Rain, Thunder, Peace, and traveling.
    ---[b]Dislikes: [/b] Annoyance, Idiocracy
    [u][b]Appearance [/b] [/u]
    ---[b]Build:[/b] Physically Fit
    ---[b]Skin Color:[/b] Caucasian Tanned
    ---[b]Hair Color/Style:[/b] Victor wears his hair combed back, with fedora over it at times.
    ---[b]Eye Color:[/b] Blue, but sometimes people will say Victor?s eyes will turn yellow when he is enraged.
    ---[b]Clothing:[/b] Victor wears a black long coat with black shoes and a black tie suit. At times he will wear a fedora.
    ---[b]Other Details:[/b] Scar on his leg from Adolescent years.
    [i][b]Abilities [/b] [/i]
    ---[b]Powers:[/b] Victor can manipulate Thunder/Lightning.
    ---[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Head of the Mob
    [b]Biography: [/b] Victor was born into a very proper family. While other kids play and went out to a burger stand, his family wined and dined at the most lovely restaurants. That life probably sounds great, but Victor didn?t enjoy it. Throughout life he was handed everything on a silver platter, he wanted to be normal. His parents got him private teachers as the whole family traveled. Victor despised leaving his home, but did like traveling.

Later in his life Victor entered the Mob, and for a while he was stuck with accounting, and to schedule deals. This all ended the night his boss, the head of the mob, ticked him off. So Victor shot him and promoted himself to head of the Mob, and he did it good. The mob was in every deal imaginable, getting more money than ever thought of. Victor now learned he was a different species from the news and the fact he realized he could use lightning to kill.

10. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Reynar Approved!

Name: Madison Talsman
    Hometown: San Fransisco
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Incredibly stubborn with a temper when need be
    ---Dislikes: being confined and kept in the dark
    Appearance
    ---Build: willowy
    ---Hair Color/Style: Straight waist-length red hair
    ---Eye Color: dark blue
    ---Clothing: Refined sophisticated clothing for her job, dark blue jeans and cheery tops otherwise
    ---Other Details:
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Ability to blast things with her hands. She is pregnant and her baby creates a powerful force field that encompasses them both when there is danger, however, she can still blast people when it?s up. She has a little bit of this ability on her own but it is mainly her son?s power.
    ---Weaknesses: Fatigued easily
    Occupation: Art Restoration, specifically paintings and sculptures
    Biography: Being in her mid-twenties, Madison has experienced a lot. The loss of her parents and sister being the big ones. Madison found her love of art in her late high school years. When she realized that was what she loved she pursued it with all her being. She went for art restoration because she hated seeing beautiful works ruined by time and mishandling.

She got her own house and is busy with her job and being pregnant. She gets fatigued easily but luckily her job is mostly sit down and relaxed physically and she has a nice boss. She has a few friends who help her with getting ready for the baby but no really close ones due to a fear that something will happen to them. She is excellent in her job at a well-known art restoration firm. She uses her power only in private and only to keep it active and attuned. She can be found doing that on her off days at an old mill where she blows up trashed cement chunks. That could be another reason she doesn?t have many friends? No one but her knows about her ability.

11. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Reynar Approved!

Name: Santiago Mata
    Hometown: Barcelona, Spain
    Personality
    ---Traits/Habits: Santiago is very stubborn and arrogant and will not take no for an answer
    ---Dislikes: Beggars, gaudiness, wealth
    Appearance[/b]
    ---Build: His 6?2?? frame is very lean yet extremely muscular from his years of climbing
    ---Skin Color: Very tan.
    ---Hair Color/Style: His brown hair is shaved to about half an inch long
    ---Eye Color: A deep brown.
    ---Clothing: He can usually be seen wearing a white v-neck short sleeve shirt and some light khaki pants. He always wears climbing shoes so that he is always prepared for anything to happen.
    ---Other Details: Santiago always has a backpack that contains climbing chalk, an extra pair of climbing shoes, a laptop, and about ten different deadly pathogens in airtight vials. He also carries a cell phone sized field analyzer, which can quickly give Santiago information about organic matter using blood samples or DNA.
    Abilities
    ---Powers: Capable of healing most injuries (i.e. restarting heart, cure disease, fix broken limbs, etc.)
    ---Weaknesses: He has to be close in order to heal someone and cannot heal himself.
    Occupation: Genetic engineer and anatomical pathologist, focusing in molecular pathology.
    Biography: Santiago Mata was born to a very poor family in Barcelona, Spain. He grew up with seven other siblings and was often forgotten in his large family. His father was an abusive alcoholic and his mother was a junkie whore. Since an early age Santiago had to learn to fend for himself, since neither his parents or any of his siblings would care for him. He escaped from his abusive family at the age of twelve and traveled to the island of Majorca, where he spent most of his adolescence. Here he became fluent in Catalan, English, and German under the tutelage of his German foster parents who found him in their home there. This was also the place where he first discovered his powers, and later spent his time developing them.

After graduating with honors from the local high school, his foster parents made him apply to the University of Oxford, where he was immediately accepted. He graduated from the university with honors and then went to medical school at Harvard University and completed his residency blindly fast. He now travels the world looking for challenging climbing spots while spreading deadly diseases to isolated people in order to test the extent of his powers.

12. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    Edited character sheet.

13. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    Director of STEEL approved (had to do it!)

[b]Name:[/b] Declan Bheka
    [b]Gender:[/b] Male
    [b]Age:[/b] 30
    [b]Hometown:[/b] Chicago, IL

[b]Personality[/b]
    [u][i]---Traits/Habits:[/i][/u] Popping knuckles and joints occasionally, sticking tongue into corner of mouth just below the lips on the left side when deep in thought, not the most subtle person in the world
    [u][i]---Likes: [/i][/u]Most marine life (does not like triggerfish), fast vehicles (cars, motorcycles, jets, boats etc), fast women, drinking, socializing, oceanic field research, listening to music (especially fond of Blues and Celtic Punk), playing music (piano, guitar, bass, drums)
    [u][i]---Dislikes:[/i][/u] Eco-terrorists, excessive and harmful commercial fishing, paperwork, ties, bad drivers, non-helpful people

[b]Appearance[/b]
    [u][i]---Build:[/i][/u] athletic but not bulky
    [u][i]---Skin Color:[/i][/u] very tan Caucasian
    [u][i]---Hair Color/Style:[/i][/u] Medium short, wavy reddish brown
    [u][i]---Eye Color:[/i][/u] blue-green
    [u][i]---Clothing:[/i][/u] Bheka will usually be found wearing one of three kinds of outfit.
    Primarily he wears casual street clothes, although he is rarely found without a dive watch, sneakers, and a baseball hat with the logo of one of his hometowns teams (Cubs, Sox, Bears, 'Hawks, Bulls, you get the idea.)
    Other times he can be found wearing a wetsuit and some sort of breathing apparatus if the occasion calls for it.
    Finally, when a harder style of infiltration is needed, he will don the appropriate camouflage fatigues and a tactical harness along with dark brown combat boots, although he retains a medium gray baseball hat.
    [u][i]---Other Details:[/i][/u] Star shaped scar on left temple from accident while afloat, tattoo of Irish family crest surround by Samoan band on left arm.

[b]Abilities[/b]
    [u][i]---Powers:[/i][/u] Bheka's perception of the world is rapidly slowed down at times. Due to a massive overabundance of conductive compounds that saturate his nervous system (including his brain) and thousands of times more fast-twitch muscles that a normal human that saturate his body, Bheka is able to notice and react faster than any normal human being and most superhumans.

His powers give him an extremely high degree of spatial awareness and near-instantaneous reaction time. Coupled with his bodies ability to move as fast as his perception reacts, Bheka is able to respond to incoming threats with seemingly instant movement. He is also able to parallel process and think faster than a vast majority of people in the world, although his IQ is high but not super-genius in scope.

[u][i]---Weaknesses:[/i][/u] For all his quickness and intelligence, Bheka is still human, and if somebody is able to somehow get the drop on him, he is able to die by any means a normal human can. Given his spatial awareness and reaction time, this is harder than it seems.

[b]Occupation:[/b] Marine Biologist and Submersible pilot
    [b]
    Biography:[/b] Although he was born and raised as a native of Chicago, Declan Bheka was fascinated with ocean life from an early age. The eldest of three children born two a loving mother and father, Bheka made it his lifes mission to become a marine biologist and discover just what lived in the deepest parts of the ocean.

Though driven, Bheka never let his ambition get in the way of a good time, and subsequently made many friends and was known as a very affable and likable person. His warmth and candor translated into people becoming nearly as fascinated with the ocean as he was, and rallying to its cause when he brought up some of the tragedies and dangers when it came to fishing, pollution, and the state of endangered species in the worlds oceans. His other great passion was motorized speed, starting with bicycles then graduating to cars boats and motorcycles, then eventually aircraft once he was eligible to start earning licenses for all.

Throughout his primary and secondary education years, Bheka received excellent grades and made friends easily, possessing an unusually quick wit and rougish yet undeniable charm. He w

14. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Final Character: Reynar_Tedros APPROVED

Name: Tina Herbert

Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts

Personality

---Traits/Habits:
    Always is either chewing gum or smoking, is very aggressive. Not arrogant in the slightest though.

---Likes: Fast Cars, Heavy Metal, Basketball, cigarettes, lawyer shows, and guns

---Dislikes: Sci fiction and beer

Appearance

---Build: Tall and thin...but well toned. Said to be 'the devil in blue' for having a good figure. Is somewhat short standing only 5'5.

---Skin Color: Slight Tan

---Hair Color/Style: Short Blond hair that extends to the back of her neck. Has a ponytail and bangs that almost come down to her eyes.

---Eye Color: Lime Green Eyes

---Clothing:
    Standard cop uniform

---Other Details: Has large dark sunglasses.

Abilities

---Powers: Can make anything she touches explosive, and set off the explosion to whenever she wants it to go off. She can extend this power the contents of the things she touches as well.

---Weaknesses:
    She cannot make a bomb if wet. Being splashed with oil or any other combustible liquid or fire for that matter on her person; when she makes a bomb could cause the explosion to backfire.

Biography:

Some people are born cops. Tina was one of them. She graduated at the top twenty percent of her class, and college was definitely an option for her, but much to her teacher's surprise, she wanted to be a cop like her father, Gerald Herbert. Not because it seemed so exciting, because she knew CSI was full of crap. And not even because she wanted to be like her father.

She just hated seeing the news. She hated seeing the pictures of victims of a shooting plastered on the front page of the newspaper. She hated seeing the names of kids being read of a script on the local news, when a driver had to much to drink. She hated the cancer that was eating this world alive, and she wanted to be the one to remove it. So as soon as she left High School, she applied to the Police Academy hoping for her shot to protect others from there selves. She got her wish.

But one must be careful of what they wish for. She had expected very little, she was realistic. She knew she wouldn't be Batman and foil bank robberies. She simply wanted to pull over drunk drivers, stop domestic situations, and stop in idiot from carrying a concealed firearm around in his coat pocket like his own personal good luck charm. Instead she gave out parking tickets. She knew she could do more.

15. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    OOC: Did you just say, "Tall and thin...is somewhat short..."?

16. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    OOC: Yeah, my bad. When I copy/pasted the character sheet, I must have left tall in. We all make mistakes Nick, and this is one of mine. [face_talk_hand]

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Revision is Reynar Approved!

---Weaknesses: The more severe his injuries are, the more time it takes for him to recover, with fatal injuries taking 24 hours for him to recover from. After recovering from a fatal injury, he is confused and disoriented for another 24-hour period, and some aspect of his appearance changes after each incident. Furthermore, he is not immune to pain, sickness, or the discomforts of hunger and thirst (Although the latter three cannot actually kill him).

18. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    OOC: Still stands to reason that in order to kill him you have to directly nuke him Ram lol.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: You'd be wrong.:)

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    GM's OOC: Awesome response, people! I'm very excited for this game and all the talent it has.

A lot of people have asked me when we're starting, and it should be around this weekend, barring any sudden changes. So get ready, folks! :D

-Reynar

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Aaaaaaand we're off! :)

[b]IC: Jennifer King[/b]
    [i]Apartment suite; Hollywood, California[/i]

The lavish apartment suite was a perfect fit for someone of Jennifer King?s status. She was quickly becoming one of the hottest actresses in the movie industry, being offered roles in films practically every second. Her agent would always call her with new offers, and free-time was becoming a thing of the past for her.

She?d just gotten out of a shower and had put on her robe with a towel on top of her head that wrapped around her hair when she started to shuffle through the mail she?d discarded on the kitchen counter earlier that morning. She noticed the name Gregory Sutherland, and her heart skipped a beat. [i]Not him.[/i]

Gregory was a previous acquaintance of Jennifer?s. The two had dated in high school for a couple months before he became obsessive and Jennifer was forced to call the relationship off. This didn?t sit well with Gregory, and he began to stalk her. This forced her to request a restraining order against the man.

She?d never seen him again after that until a couple of months ago when he?d approached her in a restaurant. She?d tried to be kind, but managed to leave before he had time to engage in conversation. The day after that, she started receiving creepy text messages from him.

And now there was a letter from him in her hands. She read it, and as she did, her eyes widened. Tears began to form, and she was panicking by the time she?d finished it. She was shaking all over, and placed a hand on the counter for support, her other hand covering her mouth. She had to do something. The cops would make it public, which would hurt her career.

And then she remembered. She opened her phone and scrolled down the contact list until she reached the name [b]Shinji Katsurgai[/b]. And she hit send, and listened to the dial tone.

[b]Tag: TheManinBlack[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Lauren Cash[/b]
    [i]Library; New York City, New York[/i]

Lauren slowly walked into the large library, looking around at all the books and standing there, eyes wide and daunted. She noticed a few guys there catch some glances in her direction, which she?d become used to. Lauren was quite attractive. She was a freshman at the local junior college, and she wore a tight, dark red shirt with short sleeves, along with a denim miniskirt. Not surprisingly, most of the men?s eyes were focused on the miniskirt.

She walked along the halls, not knowing where in the huge library to start, when she saw a man sitting behind a reception desk. He was cute, she had to admit to herself.

And so she walked over and put her hands on the desk. ?Hi,? she smiled. ?Sorry, I?m, um... I'm looking for some books and I have no idea where to go.? She laughed slightly at the end of her sentence and waited for a reply.

[b]Tag: blubeast1237[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC: Jonathan Wise[/b]
    [i]En route to Alphonse Durand?s offices; New York City, New York[/i]

Jonathan was late, and he knew it. He was sweating bullets as he sat behind the wheel of his Pontiac, his eyes transfixed on the red light before him. After what felt like forever, the light finally turned green and he slammed on the gas pedal, praying that no cops would catch him as he sped to his destination.

Today was Jonathan?s first day as the personal assistant to [b]Alphonse Durand[/b], the French CEO of Everlasting Industries. Apparently his previous assistant had retired? or something, he couldn?t remember.

Jonathan frantically pulled into the parking lot and rushed into the building, up the elevator, and through the door of the office. Alphonse?s secretary, Julie, a middle-aged woman with horn-rimmed glasses and what appeared to be an entire pack of gum in her mouth, gave him a weary look and tilted her head in the direction of a brown oak door with a sign that said ?Alphonse Durand - CEO.?

Jonathan nodded with a forced, nervous smile. He was young, tall and lanky, with short black hair that was combed over to the side. He wore a normal, businesslike suit that he?d rushed on just before he left his apartment. He checked his

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Alphonse Durand
    Private Office, Everlasting Industries; New York, New York

Alphonse glanced out the office window at the streets below. Cars and pedestrians moved by en masse in that peculiar style of travel unique to New York city. It seemed like only yesterday that those cars would have been wagons, the streets less crowded, and manure - lots of manure - would have coated the roads. This was, of course, one of the motivating factors in why he never got tired of the endless march of time. Things nearly always got better. Oh, sure, you would hit one of those particularly rough patches occasionally - he recalled the rather unpleasant days he had spent in what the Americans called the French and Indian War - but for the most part society marched forward.

His thoughts continued to wander. He vaguely recalled a new assistant starting today. Gregory had been a good man, a hard worker, but he had gotten old. They all got old. All of them except Valentin, and they hadn't gotten along for centuries. Hell, back in the 1800s Alphonse had acquired his current face as the result of one of Valentin's more successful plots. That was the bad part about regeneration - you tended to keep your kill count based on when you acquired a given body part.

The door opened, and a young man walked in. Practically a baby by Alphonse's standards, and a whippersnapper even by most measures. He walked over towards the man. "Indeed, my boy, indeed," he began, his voice containing only a hint of the original French accent. "I'm Alphonse Durand, President and CEO of Everlasting Industries... but, of course, you already knew that. I take it you'll be replacing Gregory, then?"

[b]TAG: Reynar[/b]

23. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    IC: Victor Gates
    San Diego, California; Back Room, Hustler?s Pub

A Cadillac DeVille pulled up to a small parking lot behind [i]Hustler?s Pub[/i], closed to the public, a spot only for Gate?s Mob. To motorcycles pulled up shortly after the Cadillac parked. The two men were supposed to make sure Victor showed up, and no one, except them, was following the Head of the Mob. Victor sat in the back laughing at a joke that his right hand man was just finishing.

Victor gave out a laughing grunt as he patted a part of his tuxedo that contained a holster, hidden from line of sight. That holster carried a 44 Magnum, one of Victor?s personal effects. Gates put his shot glass on a specialized cup holder, and then opened his door. Outside were the two escorts nodding at a man looking outside from inside. The man was making sure Victor Gates, Head of the Mob, was here. Victor got out and flattened a wrinkle in his suit.

The two escorts and Victor?s right hand man followed Gates into the pub. The driver waited by the car, armed for anything threatening to the Mob. Inside the pub was a room with a desk, it was the office for the Head of the Mob. Currently, it was Victor?s spot. The four made their way into the room, where Boomer entered just a few minutes earlier prior to Victor?s arrival. Victor smiled and shook hands with Boomer. [b]?Hey Boom, where?s the [i]actor[/i],?[/b] Victor laughed taking his seat in the half lighted room.
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b][i] Reynar[/i]

24. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Shinji Katsurgai
    Private Remote Retreat, Colorado

'Moments like this in his life made it all worth it. Out here, by himself in a hot tub, not another idiot in sight. This was what it was all about,' Shinji thought as he let himself sink deeper in the pale, wooden hot tub and sighed deeply. Even if it weren't for the hot water massaging his skin, it would be heaven for him. This was his vacation period, so he'd be staying here for two weeks. Away from other people for two weeks. Away from the occasional onrushing stampede of raging or just plain mundane thoughts of others. Best of all he wouldn't have to listen to AC/DC to drown others out.

He must have been in there for an hour when he heard his cellphone ringing by his designer patio furniture. Looking at the puny chunk of plastic with a mixture of hatred and curiosity. No one in his office or any client, would dare call him unless it was an emergency, but it just felt so good being in the flow of hot water. Groaning, Shinji got out of the Hot Tub, and readjusted his swim trunks.

Reaching down, he grabbed the overpriced piece of junk called a cellphone and pressed it against his ear.

"Hello? This is Shinji Katsurgai, if your looking for a Misato Katsurgai, my mom and dad left back for Japan yesterday. If your calling for me on the other hand, it better well be damned important!" Shinji said with a slight edge to his voice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Tina Herbert
    Boston, Massachusetts

You son of a submariner, Tina wanted to scream as the jerk in the Lexas sped off. She was nearly out in the open, for the very reason that she wasn't up for this crap this time of day. Ramming her foot down on the gas pedal and flipping on the siren, Tina and the squad car lunged forward.

When she caught this guy, she was going to shove her foot so far up his rectum, his proctologist was going to have to treat him for Athletes Foot.

As she sped down the lane, cars pulled to the side like nice little boys and girls. It seemed the only person not playing along today was this idiot. The only thign she regertted is that a ticket was about all she could hand out to this moron. Now only if he would stop...

TAG: Rey

25. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Madison Talsman, San Fransisco, CA

After another day at the office, Madison was glad to be home. She absolutely refused to wear heels, what with being heavily pregnant, but her feet were still much more sore than they would have been if she hadn?t been carrying around so much extra weight. As she walked further into the house she decided a sandwich and a short nap would be just perfect. Walking through the short hall past the living room and into the kitchen, she began taking her hair out of its pins. And then realized she had left her briefcase in her car. CRAP! Moving back down the hallway, she slipped on a pair of shoes and got her case from the car. As she looked up at the sky, Madison sighed to herself and quickly moved back into the house. Another night alone. Oh well.

As she entered the kitchen, she thought of the la mas classes she was missing. She needed to go but didn?t really have anyone to go with her. Surely one of the nurses at the hospital would do that part for her when it was time to have her baby. Unconsciously she rested a hand on the large swell of her stomache. She could hardly believe she would be a mother soon. A smile formed on her lips, making that secret glow all the more radiant. She supposed she already was. Going to the fridge, she realized she had forgotten to go shopping on her usual shopping day. She had fallen asleep on the couch before making the door to get them. DINNER IS GONNA BE SIMPLE, I SUPPOSE. Madison grabbed a carrot and an apple out of the fridge along with some milk. As she set the food on the counter and went to get a peeler for the carrot, she noticed a little red blip on her answering machine. Walking towards it she hit the button and heard her friend?s voice.

?Hey girl, it?s me! Me and you are going out to eat tonight, and I will not take no for an answer. Call me back, hon.?

Madison sighed. She loved her friend and really needed to get out of the house, but she was tired. She would call and tell Shannon that she was staying home, but knew her friend wouldn?t let her. And to be honest, she was glad. So Madison went back and put things away and then called her friend and confirmed. She?d have an hour to rest and then it would be time to go.

After a measley forty-five minutes, Madison made her way to the restroom and washed up, re-applying make-up and looking herself over in the mirror. She walked out, past the living room, to the front door and slipped on her shoes. Making her way out the door she walked down the front steps and turned right towards her small blue car. When she arrived at the restaurant, she waited for her friend to get there.

TAG: Reynar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.