main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Best Characters From the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by kotorkayla, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotorkayla

kotorkayla Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2011
    What is your favorite character from the Star Wars Saga;)

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Luke Skywalker.

3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mine is pretty obvious. :p

Next would be Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Luke.

5. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Had he lived, he'd have secured monthly visitation rights for Anakin and Shmi, stopped Obi-Wan from growing a mullet, canceled the Clone order, married Anakin off to Padme, Force-thrown Palpatine off the highest Coruscant high-rise, and to top it all off, delivered the twins himself while severing the umbilical cord with his beautiful, emerald lightsaber.

All in one movie, too.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_laugh]

And...

I would pay very good money to see that movie.

7. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Darth Maul. :cool:

8. Avian005

Avian005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2009
    My favorite is Qui-Gon Jinn. Reasons, already explained too many times.

[face_laugh] So would I!

9. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Up until high school, my favourtite was Luke Skywalker. As I entered my teens, I grew to appreciate the wise-cracking scoundrel, Han Solo. Solo is still my favorite, hands down.

10. daveeek

daveeek Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    R2D2

Rakeem D likes this.
  11. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Luke Skywalker. But, you probably already gathered as much from my icon. :p

12. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Anakin/Vader
    Luke
    Padmé
    Qui-Gon
    Palpatine
    Obi-Wan
    Piett
    Jango
    Leia
    Han

My top ten, in that order. :)

13. Captain_Cosmos

Captain_Cosmos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 1, 2011
    Why Anakin? I found him to be annoying, of paper thin character and badly acted in both his guises. Or is it simply because Christensen's a pretty boy that makes people like him? It's like why do people like Boba Fett so much when he doesn't do or say hardly anything in the OT? It's 'cause he looks good which is hardly what I'd call good reason to like a character.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because people are entitled to their own opinion, even if you don't agree.

Anyway, my favourite characters are Qui-Gon Jinn for the PT and Ben Kenobi for the OT.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly.

I would give you my reasons for liking Anakin, however, given your use of rude terms like "pretty boy," I suspect you would only be interested in starting an argument or continuing your bashfest.

I will say, however, that I was an Anakin fan long before Christensen was selected to play him. But if you want to call Sebastian Shaw a "pretty boy," be my guest.

16. MrFantastic74

Oct 4, 2010
    Agreed, Alex.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

18. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Top Ten

Han
    Anakin/Vader
    C-3PO
    Boba Fett
    Obi-Wan
    R2-D2
    Captain Piett
    Luke Skywalker
    Qui-Gon
    Jar Jar

19. MrFantastic74

Oct 4, 2010
    Since we're doing top tens:

Han Solo
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Luke Skywalker
    Yoda
    Darth Vader
    Emperor Palpatine
    Chewbacca
    Lando Calrissian
    Leia Organa
    OT Threepio
    Boba Fett
    Admiral Ackbar
    Jabba the Hutt

ok, that was 13.

20. gobalicious

gobalicious Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2010
    Jek Porkins. An unsung hero.

21. HylianBowcaster

HylianBowcaster Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 6, 2011
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

Considering he's a major player in each movie of the whole saga it's hard to pick anyone else. He has the most interesting story and we get the most into his head during the PT. And especially during Return of the Jedi we get a lot more insight into his character. I've always enjoyed the mirroring that occurs between Luke and Anakin, Anakin in a sense fails where Luke succeeds and it makes his story the most interesting to me. I really think he convinces himself that he's doing good when he's working for the Empire.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    =D=

Well said.

I enjoy every facet of Anakin's character, and I looked forward to the prequels because I wanted to understand why he made the choices that he did--and in that area, for me, the prequels delivered in spades. But ROTJ Anakin/Vader is the one that made me a fan.

23. Captain_Cosmos

Captain_Cosmos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 1, 2011
    Bashing? :confused: Not at all. More a social comment about why people like people simply because of how good looking they are. That's the reason why Lucas chose Christensen for the part in the first place, because he's more aesthetically pleasing to society than Joe Average, no matter how good his acting is. People like Anakin because he's a good looking guy, not because of his interesting and complex personality (sorry, he didn't have one). That's the reason why pretty girls don't need a brain cell or an ounce of personality in order to get guys. That's the reason why I made a point of Boba Fett. He's hardly what you call handsome with that bucket on his head, nor does he need to be some interesting character for people to like him. All he has to do is stand around looking cool.

And you can hardly call Shaw's Anakin a great character, because you only saw him for a couple of minutes and then he was either dying or dead.

Han for me was the most interesting and colorful personality at first, but Luke had greater scope in the long run. Ford and Hamill are much better actors too, and managed to bring spirits to their characters that were sorely lacking in all the PT characters.

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's all assumptions on your part, not facts.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    People like Anakin because he's a good looking guy, not because of his interesting and complex personality (sorry, he didn't have one).

In your opinion, he didn't. I disagree. Who are you to claim to speak for either people in general or people who like Anakin? And if you are so sure that your opinion is the "correct" one, why did you even ask why people chose Anakin as a favorite?

And yes, I certainly am entitled to like Shaw's Anakin. Do you tell people that they can't like Aurra Sing, who had less screen time than Shaw's Anakin?

The bashing accusation has to do with the fact that you came into a Best Characters thread and rather than listing your best characters in your first post, you chose instead to ask some of us how we could possibly like a character that you, personally, did not enjoy. And your post seemed to be insinuating that those of us who disagree with you are either stupid, superficial, or both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.