main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Billie Gates is Not My Lover: The Xbox 360 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 17, 2006.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Possibly depends on the game, TV, placebo effect....really the only way would be to get a side by side comparison with the PS3 on component and HDMI to see if it makes any difference.

This is presuming he is talking about component and not composite, which would make a huge difference.

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    It's not really in comparison to the PS3... they just don't look good, period. Whereas PS3 games did fine with the transition and look how I'd expect (Journey [face_hypnotized]), 360 games look much worse than they did on my 32".

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Check your graphics settings to see what resolution it's running at. When I was using an old 17" monitor I was running it at 1280*1024 as that's all the monitor could handle. I bumped it up to full HD when I got my new monitor but I expect it'd look pants if I had kept the resolution the same. The PS3 wouldn't be any different as it's using an HDMI cable, which is why it looks as good.

Let me know what you find and I'll have think on it.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I checked the Display settings and they're at 1080p, Widescreen, Component (HD). Borderlands 2 looks fine on it, but I played Dishonored for a little while and it looked awful. Maybe it's just the game. I'll fiddle around with my TV settings next time, but I've got such a backlog on my PC I doubt I'll have trouble waiting for the next Xbox to release in the meantime.

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    You won't have to wait long. Looks like the Xbox 720 is due for the next Christmas season.

6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I have dishonored on 360, HDMI into 28" tv at 1080p and it looks shoddy.

Textures just look... I dunno, I'm not a Photoshop guy, oversaturated maybe...

Download the dishonored demo for ps3 and compare the two.

I really was shocked because the game oozes class except for that.
    Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've heard from friends who have both consoles that the PS3 version of newer games typically look better than the Xbox versions. So far what I hear from these friends is that the only thing Xbox has going for it is multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live (something I almost never have time to do these days anyway).

Anyone know how the Wii U graphically/visually compares to the 360 and PS3? The demo vids I've seen in stores haven't been really awe-inspiring.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Personally I found the reverse was true. Xbox games tend to look better than PS3...

Also, I meant overexposed, not oversaturated (I woke up in the middle of the night with that one, lol).

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I haven't had the chance to do a side by side comparison, but I am quite happy with my 360's visuals.

10. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    The side by side comparison tip was for Reynar to find the source of his problem by the way, nothing else :p

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    There's an offer on with Sky's NowTV service. If you sign up for the free trial with the voucher code 'XBOXOFFER' you get 800 MS Points for free, and when you make the first payment you get another 1600 MS Points and a 1% discount! It's just a way to watch films so it's not exactly new or amazing, but 2400 MS Points for £8.90? It's not bad, and you get films too.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Has anyone picked up anything in the epic sale? I've tried a few but nothing has interested me so far.