main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Binghamton Zoo 2008

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Greetings one and all.

I know I never have time to visit here apart from to post an event. But I still love you all.

Binghamton Fan Force (Crossroads of the Old REpublic) will be holding there second Star Wars day at the Binghamton Zoo. Last year we raised about $100 for the zoo and increased their patrons by 100 times there normal for that time of year. Hopefully we will do better at the two we have planed for this year.

On May 17th we will be holding this event. Times to follow. And we would like to invite any members of the Syracuse Fan Force to join us in having fun and raising money for the second oldest zoo in the USA.

Many thanks and I will update as and when I know more.

Ian.

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks for the invite Ian.

Not sure if we can scrape any members up to go to this but will try :) Will let you know as it gets closer if anyone can make it.
    thanks for the invite! :)

Anyone in SYRACUSE interested in attending?
    We havent hung out with Bingo in awhile.. could be alot of fun ! :)

Post here if you're interested !

3. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I'm going to update the information on this event as we have now met with the zoo officials. The event will be taking place from noon till four, but the gates for the zoo open at ten a.m. We plan on trying to be going by ten-thirty or eleven o'clock. We will be doing a "Jail and Bail" for the zoo with all proceeds going to the second oldest zoo in the United States! Good news, we have a Lion's cage for our jail that the zoo officials are going to allow us to use. They will set up tables ahead of time and if we need more, we simply need to let them know. As of right now, we'll have a table set up by the jail for the jail and bail and two by the Education Building just outside the gates (also where our changing rooms will be) as well as one table just inside the park for the R2-D2 Builders club should they decide to join us again. Any members of the Syracuse FanForce, 501st, and/or Rebel Legion are welcome to join us. We will have changing rooms in the Education Building in the lower parking lot and we hope this time around to have signs so it's clear where everyone should go that is coming to work the event. The zoo will provide us with some water and said if we would like to bring fans to run in the educational building (in case it's hot), we're more than welcome to. If you have any questions, please direct them to me.
    Also, they are requesting a list of everyone involved this year whether in costume or not. They simply want to make sure that they don't charge any of us for entering the zoo. So, if I could get a list of those attending by Saturday, May 10th, so I may pass it along to the zoo officials. Thanks folks, and I hope to see you there!!

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    a majority of us already have commitments that day. If i hear from anyone else available i will try to have them post in here, otherwise i will give them a call.

Thnx for the invite though it sounds like alot of fun! :)

5. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Anytime Strawberry. We'll let you know about other events as they come along...

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    any pics of this event up yet?

7. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Picks would be nice. Is there a link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.