main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blacklist Hollywood? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by TripleB, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Evidently, the Dixie Chicks have decided to turn their backs on country music because more country music singers didn't support them in opposing the war in Iraq. From livedaily.com:
    Martie Maguire of the Dixie Chicks reportedly told the German magazine Spiegel that her group doesn't "feel part of the country scene any longer, it can't be our home any more."

Maguire reportedly expressed disappointment that more country acts didn't come to her group's defense after lead singer Natalie Maines criticized U.S. President George W. Bush's Iraq policy.

"A few weeks ago, Merle Haggard said a couple of nice words about us, but that was it," Maguire said. "The support we got came from others, like Bruce Springsteen. ... So we now consider ourselves part of the big rock-and-roll family."
    When I first heard this on WMZQ, the local country station, this afternoon, the DJ was incensed over their actions. While he supported them suring the original fuss last March, he felt insulted by them. They are upset that others did not share their opinion, when that is the exact thing that their fans were upset over (and they were shocked by).

As for me? I say good riddance. If they want to turn their backs on their fans, then that is their mistake. I haven't cared for many of their songs for the past couple of years. I can only think of one or two that I wouldn't mind having on CD, but not if I had to pay too much.

Kimball Kinnison

2. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    It makes you wonder if the Dixie CHicks ever understood the COuntry Music scene. They had to know that the majority of their audience was pro-military; they had to know how close the CMA has always been to the US Military. I am sure they were well aware of how close Clint Black, Garth Brooks and others were, in supporting the Troops over the years.

How DARE the rest of COuntry Music to support the Troops over the Dixie Chicks!!!

3. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    This confirms my view that the Dixie Chicks are selfish and shameless. It's all about them.

4. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Yes, I'm sure that remarks must be very distressing for all those country-music profits now being labelled rock-n-roll profits. Oh the humanity!! (truth be told, do you really give a rip? Do you think they give a rip? Do you think their record label--if it's even affected--cares more about the politique than the cash flow? If you do... I'm truly sorry. <snicker>)

I think it's funny that the GOP seems to be following the Dixie Chicks every word... I think many people would consider this a form of group-stalking! lol

From GOP USA website
    The Dixie Chicks have broken their promise that they would not speak out politically during their current European concert tour...

...Their latest target of criticism is for California Republican gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Dixie Chicks member Emily Robison told German newspaper Abendzeitung that a movie star should not be the next governor of California.

"He (Schwarzenegger) is a great film star," said Robison, the group's banjo player. "But I find his idea to run for governor absolutely insane."

Offering her opinion about the intelligence of actors and her own political ideology, Robison was unreserved in her comments about Schwarzenegger running for governor.

"America should be governed by people who have a clue," she expressed. "I hope he doesn't win."
    Gotta love it. Like the GOP really has nothing better to do than to worry about quotes of personal commentary made by celebs.

Sheesh. Those dang UnAmahrican Dixie Chicks!

Meanwhile, the Mega-Corp (ahem monopoly) that decided to boycott the Dixie Chicks, Clear Channel Communications, is under investigation for "undisclosed" reasons.

5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    movie star should not be the next governor of California.
    [face_laugh]

Boy, she must have hated the years 1980-1988...

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    This confirms my view that the Dixie Chicks are selfish and shameless. It's all about them.

Psychic JC members. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.