main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Block Party - July 10, 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Neighborhood Fun Day!

When: Saturday, July 10, 2010
    Where: 4700-4800 N. Cannon (this block will be closed to traffic for the day - easiest parking will be in the Shadle Park parking lots right off of Wellsley.)
    ALL INVITED! Come for a day of family friendly fun & bring your friends too!
    12-5pm: Carnival Games, Basketball, BINGO, Crafts, LARPing, Jumping Castles (a castle and a water slide), and Entertainment.
    5-6pm: Potluck BBQ - Bring your own meat. Potluck portion is a salad or dessert to share.
    6-9pm: Street Dance with a variety of music from Big Bands to current.
    Questions or want to help out? Contact me: (509) 863-2859

Bevan and I will be running a lightsaber LARPing activity for most of the day (and would love to have you all involved in it too). The flag troupe I am with will also be twirling at some point.

My family started to do the block party back when I was in high school. We close off our block (with city permission) and take over the street with activity for the day. Last I heard we average over 300 people over the course of the day (it may have grown since the last one I was at one - Mom just informed me that one of the years we topped 600 people). So bring your family and friends for a day of fun! Rain or shine!

For those who want to help with setup - we start as early as 7am. This is all run by volunteers. If you have an idea for an activity you would like to see at this year's Block Party, let me know! We love adding new activities and crafts. Also, if you know of anyone with access to carnival games (portable mini-golf, bean-bag tosses, etc) that they'd be willing to loan us for the day - contact me.

If you are part of a group that would like to come perform as part of the Entertainment or want to try your hand as a street performer for part of the day - let me know.

Thanks!

*tries to be more on top of things this year* :p

2. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    While we will have the lightsaber fights, I am also going to try and build street wickets and play some cricket.

3. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Prior notice!
    AWESOME!!!
    I'll see about getting that day off.

4. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    This is just around the corner. I'm looking forward to a fun day :)

5. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Sadly I am working in the morning. I'll be there by 5, but that's when the games end and it gets more food and dancing.

I'll still try to slip in a spot of cricket, but no promises.

6. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    I will be able to swing by for a bit and hang out!

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm looking forward to dueling who ever swings by tomorrow! You know you want to come hit each other with foam sabers :p

8. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I will try and be there but it'll be kind of late, around 7 ish at the earliest.

9. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    That was a great time! Great job Crane/Rogers family!

10. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Sorry I didn't make it, by the time I got home yesterday I was just too exhausted. Try for next year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.