main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Blockbuster Star Wars Characters for Nov. First---Broadway and Littleton Blvd. Store

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay everyone, I talked with my District Manager and she will have a yes or no answer if we can Star Wars characters at the November First release of Esp. III and Battlegorunds II. For Blockbuster, esp. late afternoon to night-time, will be a busy day, at least for the average half-way interested Star Wars fan.

I can tell you a few things. We'll probably be looking for four or so people, maybe throughout the day (I don't know yet), but expect to NOT BE PAID---THIS IS VOLUNTEER. However, I talked with Maria (my District Manager) and she'll look into dontating to a charity, since I mentioned RMFF would do that (I think we stuff like that for charities at least...if we didn't, we do now! [face_wink). Anyways, Maria will have a yes or no answer before the Sept. 17th meeting, so if some of our "Brass" folks of the RMFF could be at the Sept. 17th RMFF Meeting, that would be great, since we could finialize things if Maria says yes, look into charities, etc.

I've asked to be working that day, so I'll be there. What I'm looking for, since I'm the Star Wars geek of my store :D , is a good mix. If anyone has any Imperial Stormtrooper armor (Clone Trooper---AOTC, ARC Trooper, Clone Commando, Clone Trooper---ROTS, Scout Trooper, Storm Commander, Imperial Stormtrooper, etc.), a Rebel Trooper custom (ANH, ESB, ROTJ), Bounty Hunter custom, Darth Vader, Han Solo (or other Smuggler custom), Leia (or other Star Wars female custom---make sure it's approitate with little kids there), Jedi Knight and Sith customs (lightsabers are welcome probably---I'll check with Maria---as long as they are not used in any way or fashion to harm, or pretend to harm, against a customer or employee).

If anyone has the contact info for the 501st, and see if their willing to come in and show off some Imperial Might [face_devil] :D against the poor Rebel Scum, in a small play of any kind, let me know. The 501st, too, would be volunteer like the RMFF members.

Yet again, I am waiting on Maria's yes or no answer, however, if your interested or have any ideas, please post here. Thanks! :)

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
    Jackson 105 Fire Department
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    uhhh...thought we were doing Media Play for the dvd release?

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I mentioned during the last RMFF meeting about Blockbuster and I got the go ahead to ask about it and see if Blockbuster wanted to do it.

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
    Coraggio. Honor. Orgoglio. Dovere.

4. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hmm...glad we heard about that here on the boards.

5. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I may be there in the afternoon, and I how I don't have a costume, but I will bring some star wars stuff if you wanting me to.

Donovan

6. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Will, what is going on with this Jason are we doing it or not?

7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    As of right now, no. However, I can ask my District Manager if we can just have a little fact giving session about STAR WARS everytime someone gets Esp. III or Star Wars BattleFront Two.

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic
    "The funny thing about firemen is... Night and day they are always firemen."

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Uhmmmm, I explained what I meant in the other thread so let me re-post it here.

The Blockbuster thing that keeps being brought up it went like this: Bravo (Jason) works for them down South (and mentioned at the last meeting we could do it there or whatever), I told him our event is up North but maybe he could talk to whomever to see if Blockbuster wants to do presale at the WOTR event since it?s so close to the release and hand out coupons as ?treats? to the kiddies. Then talk of the video game & what not came up, I was eating & stopped listening after that. This was not during the ?meeting? part, just general talk after the yelling was over with.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm still going to get you that number when I'm at work tonight. I was repling to Donovan's question refering to the other Blockbuster idea before the one we discussed at the meeting came up on Sept. 17th. :)

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Ummm, ya know, no offense, but that would make 3 events in as many DAYS because that weekend is nothing but a mess as it is, not to mention 2 busy weekends before that. I really doubt you'll get much support from anyone in costume, or otherwise.

Always best to look at the current events planned, and get a good amount of interest on the board before committing to group to a bunch of things. Otherwise, what I see happening is Blockbluster expecting a huge turnout of geeks and only 2 people show up.

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I just looked at the date for the start of the thread & it's old. Not to worry.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Bravo,

If you and SithLordDraco want to go to the Blockbuster on November 1st, in costume or not, and do something Star Wars related, go for it.

But since no one else on the board has expressed ANY interest in doing this, and the details are sketchy, I haven't even seen which Blockbuster this is, be clear that THIS IS NOT AN RMFF EVENT. Please make sure that you aren't representing it that way to anyone at Blockbuster.

Please feel free to post ALL THE DETAILS about this here if you want to continue with this, and if you get other people to help out, more power to you, but please don't characterize it to anyone, especially Blockbuster or the 501st, as a group event.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'll have that number to ya tomorrow morning. It was a choas filled night at work. Sorry.

From my understanding, my Blockbuster is not the one in question. Maybe somewhere up close with Media Play where we're having the main one, I thought that idea was brought up. I wouldn't be too shocked to find out that Media Play and Blockbuster know each other better then just retail stores.

Anyways, I don't know if I will be able to attend anything, save maybe the meeting, in October. This is mostly do to the fact that my work schulde is not predictable.

-Jason
    Fire Fighter/EMT-Basic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.