main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonewarsfan

clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    Gry I want to point out to you that all the hype about Boba is being advertised as TEENAGER..Not a 10 year old boy.

http://theforce.net/topstory/story/Teenage_Boba_Fett_To_Appear_In_TCW_130290.asp

2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Which is incorrect, as The Clone Wars is early in the first year of the war.

3. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    well, don't tell me, write to tvguide and all the other news media outlets reporting this..because people are actually believing that boba fett is a TEENAGER..

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't care what people are believing. Boba Fett was born after Ep1. We have 10 years between Ep1 and Ep2, plus about one year to The Clone Wars show. So unless they decide to retcon the chronology, Boba Fett is 10 to 11 years old. He's not a teenager, but I guess the marketing guys prefer the term "teenage Boba Fett", than "tween Boba Fett". For him to be a teenager, he would have to be more than 13 years old, which wouldn't make any sense unless this episode was set right before Order 66.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, Lucas originally planned Ahsoka to be eleven or twelve years old, but her attitude, look and other materials place her at fourteen. Perhaps Boba was given a similar treatment to adjust his age?

6. bloodnosethepirate

bloodnosethepirate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2010
    this probably wont happen but as soon as i heard about boba in clone wars i thought he would kill ahsoka. i just thought that would be awesome. definitely not in those 3 episodes maybe at the end of the shows run when hes older.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, the problem is that the look of the characters don't match their in-universe age. Ahsoka looks older than 12, Daniel Logan was about 12-13 when he played 9-10-year old Boba in Ep2, Natalie Portman was 16 when she played 14-year old Padmé.

Yeah, it seems people in Star Wars always look about 2 years older than they actually are.

8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, look at Mark Hamil, he was 25 or 26 playing a 19 year old Luke. Which isn't as bad, but still.

9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Y'know what they say: The holonet adds two years. :p

10. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't mind if they make Boba older than what's in canon. Just a year or two isn't a big deal. Didn't they change Bariss's age to suit them?

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

12. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Except that this would be contradicting the films, as it was specifically said that Sifo-Dyas made the order for the army ten years ago (and in EU, shortly after the Battle of Naboo). Jango didn't have a clone before the request was made.

"Apart from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing: an unaltered clone for himself."

Another factor involved is Dooku: if they explained ten years as an approximate number, and it was actually something like thirteen, Dooku would have had to have turned before Darth Maul was killed.

Or, they could just say this series was in 20 BBY, clearing up a number of issues, and it wouldn't be so bad. [face_praying]

13. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    But aparently, Lucas doesn't mind contradicting his own films, what with the problems some people had about the cloaking device ship in Cat and Mouse.

14. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Touché :p

15. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Two things - when does it say specifically that Boba was born after TPM in the movies. It says almost 10 years ago... that could mean almost 10 years as in 11 or 12 years. I agree, it's not usually how the phrase goes, but who knows. Boba sure didn't seem like a 9 year old in AOTC to me.

Also, for all we know Boba starting taking some growth accelerant or something to unblock whatever it is keeping him from rapid age progression like the other clones -- something to beef up his age, strength and all that jazz.

He looks about 12 or 13 in the pictures, and also, this could be set later in TCW's chronolgy, like third year, rather than year two or whatever.

Let's not forget season two doesn't correspond to year two of the war.

16. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    What would be really awesome is if he disintigrated her.

17. Orion101

Orion101 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2010
    There may be hope yet I can't believe no one has brought this up yet but the official descriptions of the Boba trilogy are as follows.

2x20 - Death Trap
    "A young boy wages war against the Jedi Knights who left him orphaned, bitter and alone. Along the way, he enlists the aid of some of the galaxy?s most ruthless and deadly bounty hunters."

2x21/22 - R2 Come Home / Lethal Trackdown
    "When a band of bounty hunters leads Anakin and Mace into a deadly trap on Vanqor, it's up to R2-D2 to battle his way back to Coruscant and warn the Jedi. After combing the Coruscant underworld for a young fugitive, Plo Koon and Ahsoka pursue him to Florrum for a climactic confrontation."

With this in mind it seems and the fact that Lucasfilm has said Boba will star in the season finale it seems the season will end in a confrontation between Boba and Ahsoka given the title of the episode it may make your dreams come true. On a side note when I first heard Boba was going to be in the show I thought the writers might make him a villainous contrast to Ahsoka, that picture showing him in the pose with Aurra Sing seems to support that. Given both have an obssesive hatered for the Jedi who else thinks Aurra Sing in particular may become his mentor. Sort of like a dark refelection of Anakin and Ahsoka only with the genders flipped.

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I want Boba to disintegrate Cad Bane

19. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    I would love to see Boba Fett beat the crap outta ASHOKA :)

Or cut her open with her own lightsaber and kill her! and then take her stupid jewelry hanging from her head..wait doesn't boba fett carry that with him sometime or another? that would be cool.

20. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    [face_plain]

Agreed. [face_laugh]

Eh, that would be a stretch (always assumed that meeant just after Naboo), and again, cause a number of problems. I agree though that he didn't look nine.

That might be the best explanation possible.

The novel Wild Space has the show about seven weeks into the war. Assuming they haven't suddenly skipped a few years, 22 BBY still makes sense.

21. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    EDIT: Please delete.

22. bloodnosethepirate

bloodnosethepirate Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2010
    hmm... i dont think boba will kill ahsoka. maybe he'll rough her up and anakin will come to the rescue. i just wouldnt believe that he would be that well trained in that short period of time to actually be able to kill a jedi. (look what mace did to jango) but we still dont know how long hes been being mentored by the other bounty hunters (or if he even is) well i dont want to make too much speculation about something well find out in a couple weeks.

23. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I mean at the very end, not this season ending. She doesn't bother me like she does for some people. And I only said this because of Vader going to Boba in ESB "no disintegrations" 'cause I think it'd be cool if he was referring to Ahsoka.

24. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    A) that's a book, so don't count as a final source. But assuming it did, it's most likely referring to the pilot movie, not the entire series, which we know jumps around in the timeline.

25. Armchair_Admiral

Armchair_Admiral Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'd personally prefer it if Boba disintegrates someone the Republic was hunting down; fugitives can't really provide valuable intell and support the Republic war effort if they're dead. [face_shame_on_you]

If anyone should have the honor of killing Ahsoka, it should be General Grievous. Might as well make him worth something when TCW draws to a close. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.