main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Bon Voyage Dajuan...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    i should be able to make it, providing i get a ride out of faire and to the friday's. grrrr, evil narcolespy... i wanna drive! sadness... anyways, put me as a diffinate maybe, w/provisions for unexpected delays. ...I realize i can't spell, it's early...

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I had fun tonight with you all that showed up. [:D]

Dajuan, please take care. [:D]

3. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I had a great time yesterday and it was great as always to see everyone. Dajuan, I am glad I got a chance to say goodbye. I hope Iowa is everything you ever wanted and more. [:D]

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Since I am more or less leaving tomorrow I thought I'd take this time to say a few words.

Thank you all for everything you've done for me over these past couple years. Whether you realize it or not this group has gotten me through some really difficult times of my life. FanForce always gave me something positive to focus on, hell, some days it was why I got out of bed at all. What started as a group of like minded people on the internet quickly became my family. And like families do, we've had our ups and downs, but we made it through. In a few months, I would be celebrating my 4th anniversary with the group. Hard to imagine it was only four years ago that I found the FanForce, it feels like I've know you all forever. But at the same time it's hard to believe it's been four whole years! I mean didn't we just start hearing rumors about the final Star Wars movie?

It's rather ironic to me, I am the one who protested the loudest when people talked about moving away and here I am the one moving now. Still, I know this is the right decision for me. I'm happier than I've even been, and actually looking forward to what the future brings rather than dreading it. There is an awesome job waiting up there for me and an even awesomer (is that a word?) man. It's a long way from home and what's familiar, but Doug is worth it and I need to make this move. It has gotten too easy to just stay exactly where I am here. Moving is giving me the motivation to toss out a lot of baggage I've been carrying around for far to long and to start moving toward a better future.

I will miss you all, a lot. Still, while I won't be in St. Louis every day, you can't get rid of me that easily. I am still going to be around. Posting, lurking. My PM, IM, email, and phone are always open. This summer, we are coming back for a visit about once a month. That will drop off after a while, but I will be back pretty often. Plus, our door is always open for visitors. Contrary to popular belief, Iowa is not any more boring than Missouri, and it's quite pretty. Worse comes, Doug and I live within walking distance to a bar/pool hall ;)

Ok, I'm rambling so I'm going to end this now. Again thank you for being the friends and family I've needed. This group is definitely one of the hardest things to leave behind. [:D]

5. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Hi !
    Best of luck in IOWA. I have to say I worked as a Medic in Clark Co Missouri (Kahoka, Mo) to be correct. 6 Medics for 500 sq miles ( Tragedy brought me back to the STL) But we had a trauma center in Iowa City and STL. Let me tell you Iowa is beautiful.
    Send pics!

Best of luck in life and let the new adventure begin, and happiness follow you where ever you go.

6. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Good Luck to you Dajuan. Like I always said, change is good for the soul.

7. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am excited for you Dajaun. This is a not a new chapter in your life, but more like a new book to the series, one that will have a happy ending! [:D]

8. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    ahh, what a thing to wake up too. (Yes, I just got up, I'm sick ok?)

Dajuan, first let me thank you. For everything you have done for this group; for me in many ways. You are as much of St. Louis for me as any of the 'attractions'. It will take some time to get use to the fact that you are not a call away to go to lunch or a fabric spree. LOL

I wish you only the best. You deserve happiness and if Doug provides that, then grab it and run. :D

I will miss you.
    Christina [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.