main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bonds of the Jedi, a vignette Completed july 6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title Bonds of the Jedi
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: after ROTS
    Characters: Obi-Wan OC
    Genre: vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Obi-Wan gets lessons from Qui-Gon

Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Chapter 1

Two suns were rising above the horizon and their rays illuminated a small hovel perched on a rocky plateau in the Jundland waste. In it an old man stretched and awoke at his usual time. He wasn?t that old but 7 years of living in a dessert environment and three years of wars before that had made him looking old.

The last days of the war had devastated him and he still remembered those days vividly. Only his mission and the teachings of his old master were enjoyable.
    He had befriended some beings and often went to one of the large towns to get supplies.

This morning was one of those and Obi-Wan left his bed and began to dress himself in soft dessert garb. An old cloak completed the outfit and was useful for hiding his lightsaber. He made a simple breakfast and finished it with Nerfpudding with chocolate. ?Hmm delicious? He had developed a taste for it when master Enga had given him some when he was recovering from an injury. ?Enga! Where would she be? Dead like the other Jedi??

Obi-Wan walked outside and carefully closed his door. He went to his old but still very useful speeder and took of towards Mos Espa.

Entering the last canyon he saw the wreck of a podracer and some Jawa?s who were scavenging it. Jawa?s he liked the small beings. He had helped them when they were injured and got goods from them in return. The last time was when his vaporator needed some replacement for the filter-unit.

He greeted them and continued his journey through the canyon still thinking of those Jawa?s.

A narrow passage made it necessary to slow down to a walking speed and he navigated through the last turn.

He got a warning from the Force but at the same time a Tusken-raider jumped form a large boulder on his speeder brandishing a Gaffi-stick. He managed to Force-push the raider from his speeder but that was after his left arm met with the stick.
    The Tusken collided with a rock and was unconscious when he hit the ground.

Obi-Wan exited his speeder and examined the raider. Seeing that the being was unharmed and would be awake soon, he boarded his speeder again.
    He had no love for them but he didn?t want to kill any being.

And they had a reason to hate humans and other beings. He had read those old manuscripts in the archives when he was a padawan and those of that redeemed Jedi Revan were very interesting. Revan had helped some Tuskens and in return was told by their shaman of the history of the Tuskens. These stories were not written down but when Revan returned to the Ebon Hawk he had recorded them.

His left forearm reminded him with a painful throbbing that it had met with the Gaffi-stick. He examined the arm and saw that it was bleeding from a deep gash. He tore a strip from his cloak and bandaged it awkwardly.

?Time to visit a healer? he thought. He drove his speeder to the podracing-arena because that was the closest facility and no records of patients were kept.

----

Podracing on Tatooine was Hutts business and the empire tolerated it and just ignored the whole planet. Only a small contingent of stormtroopers was stationed at the spaceport of Mos Eisley.
    The medical facility of the pod racing arena of Mos Espa was owned by one of the Hutts and was visited by many patients who couldn?t afford the luxuries of the private clinics.

Tonia Egvards was the lead doctor. She was 23 years old and an attractive brunette. She had lived all her life on Tatooine and was the daughter of two moisturefarmers. They had wanted a good education for her and she studied and got her medical grades. Getting a job was easy and she loved the activities at the podraces. Her boyfriend was a mechanic and worked in the hangar of the arena. She was preparing for another day.

Dirky Omal was on the run. He was on an assignment for the rebels when his transport was hit and he had

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was nice Obi-Wan helping Dirky, a bit more of Qui-Gon talking to Obi-wan would be nice too.
    I love that Obi-Wan goes out of his way to help people.=D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, cute viggie!!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    How lovely.

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan so willing to help out a total stranger. That is so typical of him. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Gkilkenny
    NYCitygurl
    Kelia

thanks for the kind words and reading

Chapter 2.

It was one week since Obi-Wan had tangled with the Tusken-raider and he was making breakfast. He thought ?Getting your eggs fried is difficult using only one hand? and he used the Force to turn the eggs.
    He could almost hear Qui-Gon admonishing him ?No frivolous use of the Force padawan? and he smiled.
    He had said that numerous times to Anakin acting like a grumpy master but smiling inwardly at the antics of his padawan. Anakin was so easy to tease and teasing back became a rule in the Kenobi-Skywalker apartment.

The morning ritual of waking up was one example. Tip-toeing in Anakin?s room at the usual time of six and his padawan asleep of course because he liked to sleep in and grabbing the covers started the pillow fight.

And those yucky worms!

Anakin had loved them from the day he found one in the garden. Brr was his first reaction when Anakin dangled one of those before his face. Anakin adopted a rule of tease your master with them after that and only after that mission on Jabiim when he told Anakin about the grubs he had to fight the teasing abated some but not entirely.

He couldn?t teach Anakin that much because Anakin was so far ahead of his agemates. It made him arrogant.

Obi-Wan thought again about Anakin and his bond with him. It wasn?t as strong as his bond with Qui-Gon had been and the boy had been shielding his thoughts often.

After that incident on Genonosis and the start of the clone-wars he became even more shielded and something terrible must have happened. He only revealed that his mother had died but there was more.

And every time when Senator Padme Amidala was involved in some adventure Obi-Wan could feel something between Anakin and her. He never asked but it was clear to him they were attached to each other.

It wasn?t the same as with him and Siri.

There was a deeper bond between them. When he visited Padme to ask if she knew where Anakin was after the destruction of the Jeditemple he was given confirmation of the fact that Padme and Anakin were married.

Oh Anakin why!

You could have told me, you could have remained a Jedi.

I have known Jedi who did marry. Neeja Halcyon was just one example.

Why did you turn to the Dark side.
    Why couldn?t you resist Palpatine.
    He was telling you lies.

I loved you like a brother and I still do.

Qui-Gon said ?no frivolous use of the Force padawan. And still thinking about Anakin I see.?

Obi-Wan said ?you are seeing everything.?

Qui-Gon said ?being compassionate serves you well and will make it easy for you to learn the way of the Whills.?

Together they meditated and as the Force knew no boundaries they said ?we are beings of Light.?

Before Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan he said ?get well soon my padawan.?

tbc-

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 3

It was three weeks since Obi-Wan had met the Tusken and he smiled when he put the Plasti-gel-filled-rubber-glove with a smiley painted on it back in his chest.

Kaagi was safe on Moniron and that glove had helped him getting his arm supple and working perfect again.

He remembered his many adventures with Kaagi and Aaqu and when he meditated it was as if he could see them. Wondering how this came to happen he was alerted by the Force.

Qui-Gon said ?good morning young one. I have to tell you something.?

Obi-Wan said ?good morning master. You have been away for two weeks and I know where you have been: To see Kaagi and Aaqu.?

Qui-Gon said ?Your insight serves you well. I have begun my teachings of the Force to Kaagi and Aaqu as well. They are important for the far future and the teachings of the Whills are in their possession. The estate of Eled-Hir has one of those manuscripts and the Dunai elder have been studying this for thousands of years.?

Obi-Wan said ?master Fay was a Dunai elder and she must have known it when she saved me on Queyta. She gave me the strength to escape before she became one with the Force.?

Qui-Gon said ?I have met her and she told me of that mission. And yes she knew.?

Obi-Wan said ?when I am meditating it is as if I see Kaagi and Aaqu?

Qui-Gon said ?that figures because they are healers and you have also strong healing powers. Teaching the way of the Whills to Kaagi and Aaqu has opened a bond between you and them. And before you became my padawan you have helped them.?

Obi-Wan said ?yes when I was 3 years old I helped master Aaqu.?

Qui-Gon said ?And Aaqu and you shared a dream when Kaagi became injured during a mission.?

Obi-Wan said ?that was when I was 7 and Kaagi had finished my treatment of my ankle. Maaho was taunting me and I ran to the garden of a thousand fountains to my hidingplace. Aaqu came looking for me and we both went to Anaxes to get Kaagi back. Later I sensed he needed me and I helped him to walk again.?

Qui-Gon said ?you have shown me that hidingplace when you were recovering from that incident at the shopping-mall and I can tell you that there are Nephril-bushes on Moniron too.?

Obi-Wan said thinking about that ride on Lingala ?Nephril was the name of a husan I saved and no doubt they have husans too.?

Qui-Gon said ?yes and Kaagi is teaching Aaqu your method of riding them.?

Obi-Wan asked ?have they been to the oceans of Moniron to see the Falgans? They are like Lingalans and when I visited the cottage on Aarga I have seen them.?

Qui-Gon said ?I will tell them and Ghari Adin should know about them.?

Qui-Gon said ?I have seen your grandfather Kor-Ben Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan said ?I have never met him. How is he like??

Qui-Gon answered ?he is like you.? and he told him more.

Obi-Wan was smiling and thought ?my grandfather is still alive and leading a pleasant life on Moniron and he is the one from who I inherited my Force powers.?
    He asked ?will that bond between me and Kaagi and Aaqu become stronger??

Qui-Gon said ?I have no doubt it will.?

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 4

Obi-Wan was meditating inside the hovel and sitting on the dark-brown cloak of his master when Qui-Gon came again.

It was a special day and Obi-Wan remembered it vividly. ?It was exactly 20 years ago.
    ?Nooh? he cried when Darth Maul cut through his master. The fight after that and falling into the melting pit and connecting with the Force and calming himself, stilling the trembling of his heart. He let go of the anger and fear and called Qui-Gon?s lightsaber to his hands when he leaped out of the pit. In a single move he cut with the green blade through the Sith-lord. Going to his dying master and promising to train Anakin and he remembered that last touch of his master that spoke of a great love of a father for his son.?

Qui-Gon said softly ?Obi-Wan? and when Obi-Wan looked up with a tearstained face Qui-Gon used the Force to lift a piece of the cloak to dry his face.

Obi-Wan said ?thank you master. This is always a special day for me.?

Qui-Gon said ?I know and for me it is the day I could use my knowledge of the Whills to the fullest. Their teaching is about compassion and you are learning it already. And there is more I want to tell you.?

Obi-Wan asked ?what??

Qui-Gon said ?in that old chest you have taken with you from the temple is a secret compartment in the lid and I have hidden a copy of the manuscript I have gotten from Shh-kir in it.?

Obi-Wan grinned as he remembered Shh-kir. His first meeting with him when he was chasing that paper-plane towards the archives and his many meetings afterwards. Hearing that Shh-kir had become one with the Force when he was recovered from that accident.

Qui-Gon said ?yes and Shh-kir?s loincloth being the only piece left of him, increased my interest in the teachings of the Whills. I had been studying them for some years before that but Shh-kir?s passing was the focal-point for me.?

Obi-Wan went to his chest and helped by Qui-Gon he found the manuscript.

Obi-Wan said ?let?s remember this day with joy.?

Obi-Wan remembered his meditations with Qui-Gon in the small garden on their balcony with the potted plants and those in the garden of a thousand fountains and in each vision he saw was the beautiful Nephril flower blooming with its pure white petals.

Together they meditated and Obi-Wan felt the strong arms of his master surrounding him. He said after they finished ?I saw the Nephril flowers again and I could feel Aaqu and Kaagi remembering you.?

Qui-Gon said ?yes and each time that bond between you and them will become stronger and it won?t be that long before you have learned the way of the Whills.?

----

10 years later and Obi-Wan was again meditating with Qui-Gon.

Each time he had meditated with Qui-Gon he had felt Kaagi and Aaqu doing the same.
    The long solitude in the desert had changed Obi-Wan. His hair had turned almost white with some small tufts of ginger hair remaining and his face was lined with wrinkles but his eyes remained the same: sharp cerulean blue and twinkling with joy.
    He had mastered the last teaching in the manuscript and felt he was ready.

Qui-Gon enveloped him with his arms and when Obi-Wan leaned back against his chest he said ?yes my padawan.?

fin

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It was a special day and Obi-Wan remembered it vividly. ?It was exactly 20 years ago.

?Nooh? he cried when Darth Maul cut through his master. The fight after that and falling into the melting pit and connecting with the Force and calming himself, stilling the trembling of his heart. He let go of the anger and fear and called Qui-Gon?s lightsaber to his hands when he leaped out of the pit. In a single move he cut with the green blade through the Sith-lord. Going to his dying master and promising to train Anakin and he remembered that last touch of his master that spoke of a great love of a father for his son.?

Qui-Gon said softly ?Obi-Wan? and when Obi-Wan looked up with a tearstained face Qui-Gon used the Force to lift a piece of the cloak to dry his face.

That was sweet, Qui comforting Obi.

He had mastered the last teaching in the manuscript and felt he was ready.

Qui-Gon enveloped him with his arms and when Obi-Wan leaned back against his chest he said ?yes my padawan[face_love]

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OH my, that viggie turned into a lovely short story.

I really liked how the title came out through the story

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.