main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Book Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was talking to Wesmin today and he came up with a good idea. He suggested that we start up a thread just to talk about all the cool books in the EU. And once we can get this thing off the ground...start having meetings...just to discuss what's going on within the books. So, go ahead...let's discuss the EU!

I'm currently reading Destiny's Way, btw. I just started Chap. 4. So, if you want to post spoilers, please warn us at the beginning of your post. Thanks! :)

2. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I'm on Destiny's Way too. :D almost 200 pages into it right now.

3. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm on none! :D ;) ARGH...I really must get a desire to read the NJO

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, you're right Crazed. We need to get you into reading the books. ;)

5. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    help me...I'm re-reading AotC...for the third time....and I just started re-reading GAT!! HELP!!! *tries to find VP that was long ago buried* ah...I've tried reading this three times...each in failure by the time Jaina got to the asteriod...uh...thing... ;)

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Shame on you, Crazed. :p

*think for a moment*

I just remembered something...I seem to have aquired your copy of Dark Tide II: Ruin...

*runs away before Crazed beats me for having his book*

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    oooooOOOO! You dirty rat! *chases after HS29 with a stick*

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ow!! OOO! AHHHH!! Stop, that hurts! OWWW!!!

Are you quite done?! I'll get the broom... :p

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    AHH!!! *runs away*

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    HA! Run little furry Ewok! RUN! Feel my wrath! :p

11. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...I make things go Off topic don't I? :p

12. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i have read a few books of the NJO and am now trying to read them all in order i am currently on vector prime and am almost done

13. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    I loved the begining of Vector Prime when the vong operative is on Bekladan (sp?) along with Danie Quee (sp?)

14. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...you spelt Danni Quee right, but not Belkadan (I don't know if that's right :( )

15. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I just finished it, it was really good. I can't believe they let Chewie die, he was one of my favorite characters.

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    correction... You spelt Danni Quee wrong :p I hate not being able to edit posts after 90, or whatever-it-is minutes :(

17. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah i just started dark tide I onslaught, so far its pretty good.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, the death of Chewie hit us all pretty hard.

And if I remember correctly, Crazed has no clue what you are talking about because he's a slacker and hasn't even completed one book in the NJO!!

BTW, I hope you enjoy the Dark Tide Duology! :) Happy reading!

19. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    And if I remember correctly, Crazed has no clue what you are talking about because he's a slacker and hasn't even completed one book in the NJO!!
    Aww, shutup (I can say that cause your my cousin,HAHAHA!! :D )You're making me feel guilty :p I just have obsolutly no interest in the NJO....though I have VP sitting here next to me in my cold little hole with my comp ( :p ) I just gotta pick it up ;) I don't really feel like reading it ;) I got tooooooooo *looks in book* I got to page 224-225 from what my bookmark says ;) I attempted to read it 3 times, and near that point, I completly lose interest...it's a pity though...I only got 174-173 more pages to go :( Though, I'll probably have to start all over again....meh, heck with it ;) It's not that I lose interest in all books...I got through The New Rebellion, AotC, the novelizations of the original trilogy, GAT and TPM fast...I don't know why I don't like the NJO...hmm....I kinda lost Spector of the Past :( Hmm....can I borrow yours, Han? :p

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, VP sneaked up into my bedroom...and i'm now at chapter 10, or something.....dang you, Solo ;)

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Why are you yelling at me for? I'm not the one who caused the book to walk up to your room all by itself! :p It's those darn magical forces you always talk about, Crazed! :p

Anyway... hope you're enjoying VP. I'm still working on finishing Destiny's Way. I read a little bit more in homeroom this morning...but it didn't get me much further. Oh well...I'll get done with it one of these days. Reading slow will also help out with the long stretch between the release dates of the NJO books! ;)

22. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i just finished dark tide I: Onslaught, it was pretty good. Thats 2 NJO books i've read in 9 days, not bad! Now i'm on to Dark Tide II: Ruin, and then i'm going to reread Agents of Chaos I

23. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *revives old topic*

Well, I basically gave up on VP again :p it got boring, but at least I found my copy of Specter of the Past, and I have just finished reading that (I think the HoT Duelogy might become my favorite, uh, thing ;) ) and I'm about to read the next one, Vision of the Future :) I don't know whether I'll ever read the NJO, but it doesn't look likely :( I started Darksaber awhile back, but never finished it...I guess my progress stopped when I found SotP, which I wanted to read. So, in a few days, VotF, if it's good, should be finished :D

24. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    I'm reading LotR right now, well i have to do something while I wait for the next NJO book to come out, and also I must say that LotR is a much better book then any SW book I've read so far, I'm not dissing Star Wars, but any EU author or even Lucas can not compair, in my opinion, and is many others I am sure, to Tolkien.

25. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    Well no offence to Star Wars, but they are not classic literature, it is in a whole other category than LOTR. LOTR is a classic unparalleled by any other books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.