main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Boston Super Megafest Nov. 17 & 18, 2012

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    We had started a thread for this on the temp boards, but I'm sure everyone in the MIS is aware that Dave Prowse (body of Darth Vader in the OT) is the main Star Wars guest (someone feel free to add the minor character actors appearing), but needed to start the perm boards' thread because the Super Megafest website announced that Dean Cain (Clark Kent/Superman from "Lois & Clark") has been added to the guest list.

Beanie, have we made arrangements for our table yet, and are there any plans to get together before then?

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    If you guys are pulling something together and need donations, I am will to offer up my Master Replica Emperor Palpatine Replica Cane. Best way to let me know is most likely through facebook.

Wildstar02301 likes this.
  3. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    The other Star Wars actors are Rusty Goffe (Jawa, and one of the original Oopa Loompas) and Deep Roy (Droopy McCool, Ewok, R2, Yoda and all the Oopa Loopas in the Willy Wonka remake).

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I actually have two copies of the full-saga Blu-ray set now, b/c I thought there was a problem w/ one of the disks in the set I originally had, but it turns out the problem is probably with my player (I can't update the firmware). I am undecided, however, whether to put the spare copy up for a donation or to give it to my little sister for Christmas (along with a Blu-ray player of her own).

(And, yes, I said little sister...I have an older half-sister in my life now, whom I call my big sister. :D )

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Dave Prowse was in a car accident on Thursday, let's hope he is still able to attend SMF. He was reportedly uninjured in the crash, but at his age I wouldn't be surprised if we see appearances canceled in the near future.

6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Talked to Julian, who is Dave's PCA. He is still planning on making it to SMF!

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    So when in the next month can we get together to plan out the raffle? I'd rather not have the 21st, which is a Sunday, as I'm still hoping to trek to NH for the biggest scratch bowling tournament of the year in New England (I'd be watching, though, not bowling in it)?

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Added to the guest list today (found out on FB): Bruce Boxleitner (Tron, Babylon 5)

The entire weekend of Oct. 27 & 28 is out for me for SMF planning (a wedding and my nephew's church confirmation), but the 21st is probably back in play, as my BFF didn't warm up to the NH idea.

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, rpvee has secured our table, and donations should be sent to Darth_Beanie (inbox me on Facebook if you need his address).

My cousin who's a member of the FB group will be out of town SMF weekend, so I won't be able to come over with her. I do remember that, in the past, the T had a shuttle bus running between the commuter rail station and the Sheraton at least on the Saturday, so I might look into it.

10. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    OK, I've emailed John to see if he knew of any plans by the MBTA to provide shuttle service for SMF.

Also, if you didn't know, a legend has been added to the SMF guest lineup: Stan Lee, long the driving force behind Marvel Comics

11. ChristopherWilkins

ChristopherWilkins Jedi Master

Apr 27, 2002
  12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Sounds like a great time! Wish I could make it.

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    And the hotel will have a shuttle on Saturday, so I can probably make it that day, anyway. Sunday may be another matter, though, unless either Beanie or Dogfish want to meet me at the commuter rail station.

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, my ticket is printed out, and barring something like me missing my train, I should be there on Saturday. :)

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Another piece of my preparedness puzzle fell into place today...the MIS t-shirt I ordered from Vistaprint arrived today. The last pieces of the puzzle should come Saturday morning, when my brother gives me my train tickets. He's also giving me a lift to the Braintree Red Line station, so I won't have to worry about missing my train in Brockton. :)

16. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The MIS raised $1,603 for Autism Speaks this Super Megafest weekend, which included a very generous $1,000 check given to us by an anonymous con attendee. Thank you to everyone who donated items, and also to those who stopped by our table to buy raffle tickets. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.