main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Bowl for Kids 2007 -Thanks, everybody!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hey everyone! Okay, let's get started. The event will be at Professor Bowl West located 901 Towne Oaks Drive at the corner of Rodney Parham and Reservoir Road on February 24th (Saturday) at 1 pm.

1. We are only registering two teams this year. That is only ten people. Here are the people I have confirmed to bowl:

nlrtrooper
    WeyrleaderZor
    Macnsolo
    Kamikaze_TIE
    Hyperspace Police
    Lavender
    Vader_86
    Shadowscout(proxy)
    Kynstar

So there is room for 1 more person.

2. This is a charity event to raise money for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. It is their main fundraising event for the year. Every team member must raise at least $50. You will have several tools to do this, which are in my next point.

3. I have folders which include pledge sheets and post cards for you to send to family and friends. If you are going to bowl, PM me and I will make sure you recieve a folder. Also, on the website that is created for our team, there is a function which allows you to send e-mails to friends and family to ask for pledges and/or donations.

4. Everyone is invited to come and support our team. Even if you are not bowling, you can donate money to our bowlers to help them reach their goal. Anyone can donate to our team online. Costumes are welcome, but not mandatory. There will be kids there, and they love to see the costumes. But it is also a fun time to get together and hang out as a group.

Here is the link to the BBBS site: http://bfks.kintera.org/faf/login/teamPageEdit.asp?ievent=201988&lis=0&kntae201988=9330670892474007A195CAA8E1009EB7

Once there, click on the 'more' tab under the Team Rank box, and you should find us there. When you click on ArkanSith Galactic Renegades, it will take you to our team page. You can join our team from there as well as donate.

If you want to bowl or you bowled last year, let me know in a PM so I can tell you how.

2. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I can raise money, but I suck at bowling...but I'll bowl if needed.

3. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    Please include me as well in the bowl for kids if you need my address as to where to send a folder for pledges I am John Wieger,#2 Critter Ln,Morriliton AR 72110 i will need to know when the date is that i will be returning the pledge sheet back to you and do we have to pay our way for bowling with kids or is that being paid by Big Brothers and Big Sisters thanks,
    John
    aka Kamikaze_TIE

4. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Wait, I was under the assumption that bowling GOOD was NOT a prerequisite. If it is, I am in BIG trouble too. *lol* Yes, I am that bad at bowling too. ^_~ So you'll be in good company in that department.

5. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    i can't at this time give 100 percent in saying yes i know that sara and i are talking about going down but not to bowl but to entertain :)

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Come on...don't you want to come out and make fun of Jedi bowlers?????

I'll try and I must stress the word try to bowl...in full Jedi garb...It'll be fun....

Looking forward to it.

7. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    i have some questions but i will ask you next time on the phone :)

8. nlrtrooper

nlrtrooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2006
    Come on folks. The whole point of this thing is to help raise money for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. Surely we all know 10 people who would contribute $20 for a good cause, and it's tax deductible. Let's try to do the right thing here..

9. ti7267

Jul 31, 2005
    we don't have much money but i can see what wife and I can do

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I've updated the list in the first post. Don't forget to register at the team page.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Go ahead and put me down as bowling. I can raise the hundred...

But, I'll trade out if somebody who can't wants to bowl.

[face_batting]

12. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Am I supposed to raise $200? Is it not $100?

@};-

13. nlrtrooper

Sep 10, 2006
    Yes it is $100, I really stink at math...sorry for any confusion.

14. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I just figured that you were trying to encourage folks to raise a little bit more.

(getting a jump on that ole VP thingy)

But, don't feel bad...I suck at math too...

15. nlrtrooper

Sep 10, 2006
    Actually, my intent was to show that it shouldn't be all that hard for anyone to raise some money for this cause, which is after all the whole point behind this. I also plan on costuming, but will then change and bowl. Even for those who don't want to bowl, they could help out with raising some funds. The Big Brothers/ Big Sisters does not hold this event just for us to show up in costume, they do it to raise money for their foundation. I am sure that they do like the costuming part, but it is not the real focus of the event. If we all pull together I am sure that we could raise a good amount of money for these folks. I'm just asking that all members make an effort, every little bit counts toward our total. It is not a contest to see who can raise the most money, just for us to raise as much as we can.

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well, since I'm really uncomfortable asking other people for money for any reason (including for myself), I think I'll just throw in $100 so I can bowl too. I should be able to scare up $100 on Feb... oh shoot! I may be tied up at the Beebe campus. I think that's one of the performance days. I auditioned for the school play Comedy of Errors and have a considerable part for not being a main character. I'll ask Thursday when I go to my Theatre Workshop class what days and times the actual performances are, but I think Feb. 24th is one of them. If the play is in the evening and I can pull off another day of bowling, I'll sure as heck go. If I'm stuck at Beebe at that time, I'll just throw the money in. But I really want to bowl if I'm free to. I really enjoyed the bowling and fellowship last year, and I'll be disappointed if I can't do it this year.

Lavenderrose @};-

17. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I'm planning on this. Is there a deadline for signing up?

18. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    otisdodge - I don't think there is, at least not within reasonable time anyhow. If you wanted to sign up now I don't think it would be too late. We've still got a little over a month until the day we've selected to bowl.

lavenderrose - I understand how it can be uncomfortable to ask people and all, but if you start with people you know and are already comfortable with it can be a lot easier. Also, I can't help but notice your sig was quoting Isaiah (very nice, btw) for a while, if you're involved with a church of fellowship or Bible study of some sort. Ask them to pray for you and to spread the word of what you're doing. You'd be surprised how many people would be willing to help you help others. After all that is what you're doing, not asking people for money, you're asking people to help you help other people.

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is every wasted." - Aesop

19. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well put me down for $100 whatever happens. I won't be able to give it until February 1, but I could get it then.

@};-

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Dodge - it is never too late. I can add you to the list, don't forget to register at the team site.

Also, if you need extra pledge sheets, they are on your personal page under the 'tools' option.

Anyone can donate as little or as much as they want, even giving 5 dollars to our team will help us out. There is an option on the page where you can donate online, or you can bring it to a meeting or to the actual event on the 24th.

21. WeyrleaderZor

Sep 10, 2006
    You're going to be at the meeting at our house on the 27th, right?

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Added myself to the team on the website...

*crosses fingers* I hope.

23. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Who, me? Yes, we'll be there.

HP, you're on the team. I got a happy little e-mail.

We still have room for 5 more people.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Cool... At least I got something right this week.

25. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi, I just signed up for the team. On that Saturday, I don't have to be at Beebe until 6:30, and the play that day starts at 7:30. Looking forward to the game! I'll be in my Princess Leia costume with saber in hand as always. I'll get the money in the beginning of February.

Lavenderrose @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.