main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Burning Stars-(Jaina/Jag/Kyp) -Author?s Final Note (for now)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JaegerGhent, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    :)

All right, should be up this afternoon. Just got the post back from the Beta.

2. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Hope you guys like...

?Seven, pull up.?

Silence.

?Avenger seven, pull up now!?

Jaina paid no heed to the voice, swerving her X-wing to the left instead and sending off a smattering of laser bolts at the closest Peace Brigade craft. Her shot did little damage, but diverted the ship?s attention away from Spike Squad long enough for them to be able to slip past and head down toward the planet unhindered.
    Her comm unit clicked. She flicked over to the private channel?

?Jaina, what in the blue blazes did you think you were doing?!? Kyp Durron?s voice exploded through the comm. ?You could?ve gotten blown outta the sky by that thing!?

?Could?ve, but didn?t,? Jaina replied, half grinning at Kyp?s harried tone. ?Anyway, they never could?ve hit me.?

?You don?t know that,? Kyp growled as Jaina spun her ship around and headed back towards the rest of the squad. ?What if you had been hit by one of those ion beams? You could?ve been left floating in the middle of a battlefield. What would I have done then, huh??

?Left me of course.?
    She aimed at the nearest Brigader ship, and then let loose a torrent of lasers.
    ?I wouldn?t expect you to send anyone after me until the fight was over.?

?There?s no way I could?ve left you.?

Jaina?s finger slipped off the trigger. ?What?? She demanded, immediately regretting how harshly it had come out. He?d said it so softly and so earnestly. Almost as though?

She shoved the thought out of her mind. This was Kyp she was thinking about after all.

?Why Durron, didn?t know you cared,? she added, more sarcastically than she felt.

Kyp cursed to himself. Well, that hadn?t come out the way he?d planned.

?You?re my apprentice,? he said quickly. ?Of course I care. And anyway, just think what your parents would do to me if you got shot down!?

There was silence on the other end for a minute, then Jaina grunted and clicked back to the squad frequency.

Durron sighed, flipping it back as well. He winced when he thought over what he?d just said. He?d never been all that smooth with words, but he hoped she hadn?t taken what he said the wrong way. He cared for her of course?he always had. She was like a little sister.

?a sister that seemed to loath him half the time, granted, but a sister all the same.

So why, since the day they?d collided in the hall, had he?d been having rather un-brotherly thoughts toward her?

Perhaps because you realized then that she had grown up.

He juked his ship, avoiding a blast from a starship that was closely tailing him. The pilot wasn?t very good, and Kyp quickly disposed of him with disturbing ease.

Looking again through the battle, his eyes locked on Jaina?s fighter, and his thoughts lapsed back into confusion again.

She was a woman now, it was obvious. And very beautiful one at that. But though he wasn?t old enough to have been her father, their age difference wasn?t very far off from the possibility, either.

Jaina would be disgusted if she knew he found her attractive at all, Durron decided. So he?d keep their relationship and contact at a purely master/apprentice level. It would be the best for her, and himself too.

Speeding over to Chem and Avenger Eight, who had gotten into a bit of a skirmish with two Peace Brigade ships, Kyp?s eyes flicked towards Fel?s clawcraft as it disappeared quickly through Nirauan?s atmosphere.

He sighed inwardly. Why would the great Jaina Solo want a murderer when she could have a handsome, hotshot young pilot, anyway?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jagged?s heart began to pick up speed as he and his Chiss squad mates cleared Nirauan?s thick clouds and began the run towards the Hand of Thrawn.

What he could see of the forest?or what he figured was the forest?was not especially encouraging. It was a fair mix between completely leveled, and a burning inferno, with Chiss and Peace Brigade ships scattered liberally throughout the ruin.

He squeezed a hand int

3. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    lovly post :)

4. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks. :) Hope it sounded right--I've been having an incredibly hard time writing this lately.

5. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    It happens to the best. Great post. It's nice to see Kyp's thoughts about Jaina. :)

6. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thank you. :)

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    oh. my. god.

YOU POSTED!!!!!!!!

;)

awesome job on that postie! can't wait for more!

8. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    I know. [face_shocked] Getting sad how few and far between the posts are.

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    so...does that mean that you're going to put another postie up soon?

10. collywolly

Jul 22, 2002
  11. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Uh, well, I don't promise anything. Sorta getting busy and story posts are the last thing on my mind.

All I can say is that I'll post in less than a month. For sure. I'd have to be struck with some kind of insane disease not to.

12. ShimaraAmidala

ShimaraAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 15, 2002
    Great post, as always, but you already heard that from me so.... :p

Loved the J/K action! Loved it! They belong. You get what I'm sayin?

13. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Yeah, but thanks anyway. ;)

Well...IMO, there wasn't much 'action' between them. Only use of vocal chords. :p

14. ShimaraAmidala

Jan 15, 2002
    There was action. And it was good. :D

15. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    YOU POSTED!!!! OMG, you actually posted! YAY!! Please post soon JG, we need MORE!! I hope you can.

Katie

16. ShimaraAmidala

Jan 15, 2002
    How about I UP! this so you can get more replies.....

17. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks Katie. :)

All right, I'm gonna start working on the next post after I finish a post for another fic(you know the one I'm talking about, Shim ;) I told you I'd get it written before January :p).

18. ShimaraAmidala

Jan 15, 2002
    All riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!! Are you guys aware that the last "post" she made in the fic she is speaking of was on February 11, 2002, which is ten months ago, is it not? How she torments me!

.......though I haven't exactly worked on any of my stories much recently either....but I had "updates" in August and September, so........you owe me, JG! You've owed me for 10 months! :p

19. collywolly

Jul 22, 2002
  20. ShimaraAmidala

Jan 15, 2002
    I think you're losing readers from lack of frequent posts :p

21. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    Yes, yes, I know Shim. But that's the price I pay for being a slow writer.

I bet by the end no one will be reading it. Not even my beta. :p

but I should have the next post in this fic up in a day or so. Depending on if my beta's around, and when I get home from a doctor's appointment.

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    cool, new post soon!

23. JaegerGhent

Jan 5, 2002
    All right, hope to have it up tonight. Not sure if it'll be beta'd, though, because it looks as though the beta hasn't signed in for a few days.

Again, sorry for taking so long. DRL is hitting my family hard lately. [face_plain]

24. collywolly

Jul 22, 2002
  25. Sword-of-the-Jedi

Sword-of-the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2002
    Nice post!

You lucky gal! My first post is on your story. Aren't you FLATTERED?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.