main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By-Laws for consideration

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ForceMedic, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Shenandoah Sector Fanforce
    Article I: Membership
    A) Membership levels
    1) Active Members To obtain active status, you must attend three meetings. To maintain active status, you must attend at least one meeting every three months (assuming there is one meeting per month). Active members have the right to vote on issues before the group and can hold elected positions within the group.

2) Regular Members - Members are considered regulars if they attend occasional meetings but fail to meet the above requirements. Members who have lost active status become inactive until they can again fulfill the active requirements. Regular members may not vote on issues put before the group, but are still every bit as welcome in the group! If you do not have the time to devote to being an active member, we encourage you to attend meetings and events from time to time.

3) Underage Members - Those under the age of 18 are welcome to join but must have verbal permission from a parent or guardian to attend meetings. Those under 18 who do not drive themselves to event or who attend out of town/state events with the group must have written permission from their parent/guardian, complete with an emergency phone number.

Article II: Officers
    A) Description of Officers
    1) President - The President is the leader of the group. S/he will plan meeting agendas and preside over meetings. S/he will make sure rules are fair and being enforced. In the event of a tie vote, the President will be the tie breaker.

2) Chapter Representative - The Chapter Representative (referred to hereafter as the CR) serves as the liaison to the FanForce group as a whole. S/he is responsible for coordinating with FF moderators and making sure the FF rules and guidelines are being followed within the group. The CR will handle any issues involving the message board and will keep members informed of anything happening within FanForce. The CR is in charge in the president's absence.

B) Election of Officers - Only active members can run for office, nominate people for office, and vote in elections. In an election, a person must be nominated and the nomination must be seconded by at least one other person. Officers are elected by a majority vote among active members.

C) Addition of Officers - In the future, as the group grows, there may be a need to add new officers. Whether or not to add a new position will be determined by a majority vote among active members.

D) Removal/Replacement of Officers - see Article V, Section B

Article III: General Policies
    A) TFN Board - All posters must follow the Terms of Service set by the moderators of the TFN boards. Of course, all Shenandoah Sector FanForce members are expected to abide by them as well.

B ) Obviously everyone needs to treat each other with respect. Any member that demonstrates rude behavior will be subjected to disciplinary action (see Article V). This includes offensive comments, disrespectful behavior and harassment, among other things. Please remember that this is a club for people that love Star Wars; that?s what it's all about.

Article IV: Treasury
    A) Donating to the treasury is not mandatory. We encourage people to donate small amounts whenever possible to help with Shenandoah Sector FanForce expenses.
    B) Treasury funds are nonrefundable; please keep that in mind when donating.
    C) The treasury funds are used only for Shenandoah Fanforce expenses. These can include (but aren't limited to) web space, food for events, tee-shirts and promotional materials such as flyers.

Article V: Disciplinary Action
    A) For Members - In the event that a member has demonstrated unethical or offensive conduct in the group, action will be taken. The course of action can be as little as a warning or, in extreme cases, expulsion from the group. The action taken will be determined by a majority vote among elected officers. If the officers deem the offense punishable by expulsion, the off

2. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Remember there are exceptions to every rule. And wheres my salary rule, where you decide how much you pay the President. Hahahahaha.

3. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    And what exactly is it that we would be paying you for?[face_thinking]

Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but without them you have chaos.

4. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    for what most presidents do, Deligation!!!!!! I deligate you for this and you for that type deal!! Plus PR pics and stuff like that!!!!

5. shmatt

shmatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    PR pics...lol, you're "salary for being our prez is not having us throw you in a mental hospital. hahahah

rules are cool with me. must've taken you like 4 hours to type it all

6. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    she proeberly stole those rules from different other forums. hahaha just like a bounty hunter would.

7. JediTwin16

JediTwin16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/skroobz/8d044fff.jpg]

Oooooo La La...

8. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    see now whos picture would look better on that, lol. I love the pic. that should be our t-shirt too.

9. JediTwin16

Feb 28, 2005
    YES great idea

10. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    that was supposed to be me but yeah still a great idea

11. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    Well, I'm not an active member so I don't really matter but it all looks great to me. :)

12. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    New lqaw i was thinking of, i think once a year we should have election for Pres and CR. Its up to the person if they want to run agin, but they have toi be nominated. hows that sound for everyone.

13. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Sounds good.

14. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
  15. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
  16. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So its good. I guess. Elections will be held in February.

17. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Where we will elect a president that can spell. :)

18. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    we need more older members cause i know that me and will wont be able to do it

19. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    However if we are all in agreement we may do jobsharing like some of the other ff's who have a lot of younger members have done.

P.S. Shmatt, CHECK your pm box!

20. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    That was harsh, FM! [face_laugh]

Anyway. February, eh? Hmmm. I doubt I can be president, either.... We'll have to look into that sharing thing.

21. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    I already share my post with the first lady, maybe we need someone to share the CR department. lol

22. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Am trying to get someone with a Graphic Arts background. Because I dont have PS right now and cant do the banners my self.

23. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    I dont have PS yet, i am thinking of buying it or trying to get it from my friend again. I have to check prices.

24. JediTwin16

Feb 28, 2005
    Photoshop?! pssth!! I use MS Paint all the way man...look back a few posts to see the greatness of my MSP skillz

25. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Yes, JT that is great, for MSP.
    That's why anyone who wants to make something that people will be able to stand looking at more than once uses PS. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.