main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON C4 in LA May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jellicle_jedi73, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    they announced C4 i am going for sure with the edmonton ff as i did with C3 who is all going??

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

wOot!!!!

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Unlikely as I need to get a job and doubt I will have any holiday to take to be able to go

3. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    oh its like a year away.. you can come for sure!!!! its gonna rock!

4. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I am not going to be able to get a job until spring 2007 so the likelyhood of having time available for holiday is very unlikly and without a job I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway ;)

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    that sucks :( , its going to be sooooo much fun.

6. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I am going, hopefully for the whole week so that I can do the pre-activities.
    It's gonna be great!:D

--Lynda

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Everything for me depends on work. Currently as things stand I am not applying for permanent residency until September which takes 3-6 months to go through so I can't even start applying for work until January - March time. Let alone find a job.

One option I have is to try and do some freelance work for the UK while over there but based on experience at this exhibition I have been doing this week that could take a while to get anyway lol.
    Which reminds me, need to make my website.

8. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    mmmmmmm very tempting... have to see how the money goes this year...

9. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I can safely say that short of a miracle or lottery winning Jeannette and I will not be at C4, however we should be able to make C5 :)

10. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    YEAH Lynda i knew we could count on you and Dom!!! We are booking a hotel now with the edmonton ff. You wanna stay at the same place as us???

yay so excited

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    :eek:

OMG long time no see mister!

12. CaptainBiggs

CaptainBiggs Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    I would like to go, not sure if how much money I'll have though :p lol

13. Chymaera

Oct 22, 2005
    Perhaps it is a good idea to start looking into a hotel this early...
    Which hotel are you booking?

I'm so excited too !!!!!

--Lynda

14. Robin_the_squeeker

Robin_the_squeeker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    oh. em. gee. Biggest party in the history of the Franchise? Sign me UP!

15. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    we booked the same one as the Edmonton FF... i think its the Quality Inn, the CR for edmonton posted a link in the Canada Forum.... after i have had a nap i will attempt to form a linkie....

ooooooh so very very tired....

16. roguecrow

roguecrow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2006
    This is Great!! C4 I'm definitely there.
    I just started using these forums yesterday as I was looking for a local FF in my area. There's SOOOO much on C4 (albeit unofficial chatter) that these forums are getting me more hyped up than the actual announcement in the first place!

Ok how many costumes do you need to join up on one of these FF?

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    To join the fan force?
    None

18. roguecrow

roguecrow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2006
    Great!

So C4 in May of 07... is anyone setting up for a group in Ontario to go? I'm in Cambridge and just finding others who are interested in going. From what it looks like, most people are already booking hotels.

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    You should speak with jellicle_jedi73 as she is planning on going and I am sure that there will be more FanForce people heading to C4 from Ontario.

20. roguecrow

roguecrow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2006
    Thanks CrazyMike! [face_peace]

21. Chymaera

Oct 22, 2005
    Plans are coming together for C4...
    I picked up my new passport today and I just booked our hotel room. After doing some research, I also chose the Quality Inn (1901 West Olympic). It has free parking, free wireless internet, free breakfast, and a refrigerator in the room. A much better deal than the official convention hotels, where most amenities are at extra cost, and it's no further away from the convention center than the others. Currently many of the official convention hotels are not available for either May 23 or May 24, and if you want to attend the entire convention (May 24-May 28) the latest you want to arrive is May 23. If you are planning to go and you haven't booked your hotel room yet, I suggest that you do so ASAP, before everything gets sold out.

We're going May 20 and returning May 29 and making a vacation of it as well. We plan to rent a car for those first 3 days - May 21-23 - and drive out to Edwards Air Force base and museum, and on the other extra days drive around, tour the area, do some shopping, etc. Still have to decide what other attractions to see - other museums, Universal Studios, Disney? Recommendations, anyone?

Still looking at flights...best deal so far seems to be $630 CDN return, out of Pearson. I plan to book soon.

--Lynda

22. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    yeah, we are gonna take the monsters to Disney, thats great that you are in the same hotel! My Dad was looking for something closer and it was like 300 a night for alot of the hotels. We are going to do Disney after C4 so that any money not spent on SW can get blown on disney stuff!

we also have not booked our flight, i wanted to see if it was cheaper to go out of bufflao.. then my Dad would take us there....

thats what he did when he went to San Fransico it was like a few hundred cheaper!

23. Chymaera

Oct 22, 2005
    Excellent! We're in the same hotel.:)

--Lynda

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.