main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Definitely be prepared to show your ID, they'd be stupid not to ask at events like these.

2. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I am Unable to Attend C4! Too far :(

3. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    Hi everybody i will a lone Jedi Knight at C4,i will be staying at the Biltmore if any other Jedi Knights want to say hello they will be welcome as i would love to make some new friends,i will be travelling from the UK and this is my second trip on my own,male Jedi knights welcome as well!!

4. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I completely agree ... but it should be fine for those who are 21 (and over).

5. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Being 30 years old, I don't think I have to worry about that.

6. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    LOL ... well I guess if your 30 and you don't have to worry about it, I guess I'll be in good shape since I'm 31. :D

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    But you should know, then, that the policy for many businesses that sell alcohol in California is to card anyone that looks 30 years of age and younger, especially if there appears to be a mix of ages at a table. Just remember to bring your ID and you'll be fine.

8. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    We should have a pool party of some sort. :p

9. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    California is really strict! I'm 42 and got carded at the grocery story the other day for a 4 pack of wine coolers. I laughed and thought it was a joke. The 20-something checker was serious and I had to show her.

If they ask, they can't sell to you unless you show ID... no matter how old you are.

Make sure you have your ID on you regardless of your age!

10. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I'm almost 21. I'll still be 20 during C4. :(

11. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I actually quite like the strict drinking law in california they should have something like that here.
    I can quite imagine sometimes there must be alot of 20 year olds in california sitting outside a off licence (or liquor store as you call them) just before midnight of their birthday.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Bust. :( I'm really lucky - I turn 21 a whole 4 days before it.

13. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *chuckles* See, now, I'd think one could only be taking that, being carded like that, as a sort o' compliment actually....I'd be quite likely to, at any rate. :D And honestly, now, what's physical, mortal age but a mere number, really....pfeh, like that matters.... ;)

Dawn.

14. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I still get asked for ID so I'm used to it. Last time was on my 26th birthday a couple of months ago, where the person at the door must have thought there was a chance I could be 17 years old. My friends laughed and laughed.

15. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Between 25-29 getting carded was a compliment.

Since I've turned 30, it is not. I don't know why, but I guess cracking the big three oh barrier has changed things..... :p

16. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    E, you do look young (and are young...) I'm 36 and still get carded every now and then.

17. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *waves hand airily, casually* Oh, pfeh, I know there's that old canard about it being "just a number" - and, actually, come to think of it that's rather true....just an imposed construct of an artificial, outdated calendar system, that's all "age" as we know it actually counts for....namely, very little far as I'm concerned. :) Besides....at any certain point you like, you're officially entitled to stop "aging" altogether, to basically never gain a single year ever again....entirely one's personal perogative, really....if you know what I mean. ;) *tee hee* But, hey, insofar as being carded is concerned....well, just look at it this way: maybe it's your youth and energy and vibrancy of heart, spirit and personality shining through "loud and clear", so that's what people see and openly respond to....and that's no small thing, you know, no small thing at all. Take full advantage of it, then, is what I wholeheartedly recommend. :)

Dawn.

18. jamesvader

jamesvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    I aint single though I just wanted to chime in and say that Mr. Skinee's CD from CIII rocks!!!!!!!!! I have been playing it over an over in the last week while working on my costumes!

19. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I know, I know. I'll be grateful when I'm 50 and (hopefully) look 30. ;)

20. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    jamesvader! thanks for the kind words. so i guess this means we'll be seeing you out there?!? :-D

21. rebel-rebel

rebel-rebel Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2004
    Hey everyone! I posted this in the social forum and now that I've been watching this conversation for a while, I see that this is where the post should have gone:

I'm looking forward to being surrounded by you fine folks in a couple of weeks, but to play it safe, I'm double-booking my trip. See, I'm the only one of my kind here, as far as I can tell. My one fellow superfan moved away last year and so I'm making the trek from East Coast to West alone. I love cons and always get carried away in the fun, but I'm staying off-site with a dear and old friend. He and I are both pretty deep into making and seeing music, and I love the beach. I'll be at the con for most of the trip, and I hope to make some friends while I'm there, but I'm playing it safe by also booking time with me mate. Sure wish I had a schedule of events at this point.

So anyway, who else here is interested in catching some music or movies in the afterhours with me and my guide?
    If I see an official meet-up of this board, I'll be sure to catch that too.
    See ya!
    http://www.myspace.com/timbegins

22. jamesvader

jamesvader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    Wouldnt miss it for the world bud! Well, I am only an hour and 10mins to the north of LA, so I wouldn't even have a good enough excuse not to go!! I will be there for 6 days and I am in charge of a fan booth for www.thedentedhelmet.com, a Boba Fett costuming site! It's gonna be a blast!

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I just want to go on the record that I am not paranoid.

I happen to think that tinfoil hats are very very fashionable!

24. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I need a date for C4. friday night. I just need someone to go with me to the room or something. give me a holla..I prefer females..thanks :)

25. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    So anything going down for us singles this week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.