main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Calgary Sun article on geeks

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Magpie Jen, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Howdy,

Those of you at the Chinook Ep 3 premiere will remember the two Sun reporters - Sam and Robin - in the tent, doing their research for some sort of special feature on geeks of all kinds (including Star Wars).

I don't get the Sun and I can't remember whether they said anything more specific about where or when the article would come out. If anyone has more details, they would be much appreciated - and if anyone actually spots the article, I'd love to hear about it!

Many thanks,
    Jen

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I get the sun everyday at work and I have yet to see the article on Geeks. I wonder if it was in the weekend edition? I would love to have seen this one to.

3. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Thanks!

You can keep an eye out on the weekday Sun and meanwhile I'll keep looking for anyone who gets the weekend editions...

Oh yeah, I was also thinking - did they give you or any of us a business card? 'Cause then we could just email/phone them and ask for when it's coming out.

Jen

4. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    I believe DrHaggis may have gotten a card from ONE of the Sun reporters (a girl) when we dropped by early in the morning to deliver our little care package... ?

5. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    I think he totally did! I wasn't sure, but now that you mention it, I remember cards being passed around that morning.

6. Magpie Jen

Dec 19, 1999
    Thanks to DrHaggis, I emailed our friendly Sun reporter and learned the following details about the Sun feature:

When: June 9
    What: Urbane - a special section of the Sun
    Where: Urbane is only included in newspapers distributed downtown. So for instance, if we looked on 17th Ave between Centre St. and 11 St. S.W. any shop carrying the Calgary Sun (like Mac's or a gas station) should have Urbane included with it.

I'm going to try to look in the neighbourhood on June 9 - but if anyone else is in the area that day and can grab a copy that would be awesome!

Jen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.