main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    These are both very good. I like how Cara put the last touches on her writing there, even if it was bittersweet to see when she posted it.

I like the idea of challenges given when people write their little vignets or whatever.
    Good work, as always.

Luke and Callista forever!

2. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Thankees :) I'll have another Callie-fic writing contest soon here.

In the meantime, say 'WOOT!' to Page 189!

Callista?Forever!

3. jedi_callie

jedi_callie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2010
    Oh Steve, thank you so, so much for posting that fic by Cara. I'd never read it. It took my breath away.

Edit: I'm a ding dong. Apparently I HAD read it--I even left a review on it. Geez, big brain freeze.

I couldn't help but notice the date on when I'd left that review. It was 3 days after she and I reconnected on Facebook last year and just weeks before we lost her. God, that cuts like a knife.

4. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    It's looking at her past posts and writings that are both a blessing and emotional to read. But she did leave a wonderful impression on our souls.

C/L

5. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    So true. So, so true.

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Happy Force of July, Callistars!

Callista?Forever!

7. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Happy 4th of July, everyone! [face_flag]

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Sad part is, I'm still trying to recover from this long weekend. Some Callie-ideas brewing in my thoughts, but I've been so tired that I'm absolutely happy to pass out on the couch at 8pm and sleep all night long. Where's this mythical "energy" that people keep talking about?

C/L

9. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Yay, downloaded 'Children of the Jedi' to my iPad :D

C/L Forever!

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    If you must sleep, go ahead and sleep. Rest up for fanfic later on.

11. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000

Oooooh, it's available now!? AWESOME!

12. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Wish I could; now I got a summer cold to battle. Sigh, no rest for the Jedi. :(

C/L *achoo!*

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll be grabbing that.

When I get an iPad or Kindle. [face_laugh]

14. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Including the digital download, I own seven copies so far of CotJ. One of these days, I'll get my hardback signed by Mama Callista herself, Barbara Hambly!

Callista+Forever!

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, sorry. H*Hands over a box of kleenex*

I will never be getting an E-reader. Never.

16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    When I find some down time, I think I'll pencil some key scenes from 'Children of the Jedi' and scan them and post them here. Been a while since I've drawn characters.

C/L

17. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    I think Steve gave me part of his sickness. I have a sinus infection, though I suspect i've had it for several weeks, since my flu thing in early June. It just came, went partially away, and is back, zapping my energy.

But I'm glad to see you guys posting. Does my heart good to know there ARE the Callie fans out here.
    Every time I hear of Cara or see mention of her on Facebook, I hurt a little inside. I miss her, and feel so bad that for the last year or year and a half of her life I was so scarce/nonexistent on here. May her memory never die...

When's the writing contest?

I'll be at camp next week, so I'll be scarce again, but I'l be back by sometime on the 24th or 25th, depending on how zonked I am after all the fun of next week.

L+C forever!

18. jedi_callie

Feb 7, 2010
    Oh my Callie family, forgive me for being MIA again... life has continued to be nutso and this week being Harry Potter week, my mind has been, um... preoccupied ;).

Hopefully things slow down/settle/fall into place soon and I can shoot the breeze with y'all on a more regular basis once more :).

19. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Feel better soon, LJ26, and have fun at camp! [face_cowboy]

It's been a busy summer for all of us, jedi_callie, so don't feel bad about it :)

Another writing contest, eh? [face_thinking]

C/L

20. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Ugh, what I would GIVE to be on Hoth or Chad III right now...

C/L

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I went to a convention Sunday and met/had my picture taken with William Shatner.

[image=http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab196/RK_Striker_JK_5/Shatner_002.jpg]

That's me on the right in the Starfleet Academy shirt. My face looks like that every time I think about it. :D :D :D

22. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    That's awesome, Striker! Did he say anything noteworthy?

When you find the time, I'd love to see your drawings, Steve! There are so few good images of Callista out there, we can always use more.

23. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    With two daughters that love art as much as I do, trying to find paper around my house that doesn't have sketches of Barbie and the Powerpuff Girls are few and far between. Guess I gotta make a road trip to the art store again!

Stay cool Callistars!

C/L Forever!

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks! :D He did a lot of talking beforehand about the new documentary he's making where he's interviewing the other Star Trek captains, about his horse riding and other stuff. At the photo op, he was pleasant and said 'thanks' and I think he meant it.

25. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    I once thought the same. Then I realized I could put fanfic on an e-reader. My kindle goes with me everywhere now. It's amazing. I have over 200 "books" loaded, half of them are fanfics and I've paid less then $10 for the others.

That said, I still love all my physical books just as much. They haven't been replaced. Yes, I did some pruning, mostly of paperback fluff novels that I liked enough to reread but that took up a bunch of space on my shelves. Those titles are on my kindle now leaving room on the shelves for my books that previously didn't fit.