main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Maybe it wants a bath or go for a spin? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    LOL well, we finally got him out of the washer in a coffee can and released him outside... however, he is just crawling around on the ground and cannot fly upwards.

Oh, finally as I type this post, it climbed up the tree we released him near and now he can fly. :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    I had a surprise ultrasound today (nothing wrong, just wasn't scheduled). First time we actually got a peek. And I can say with complete and total confidence that it's a...

...baby.

Though it did look kind of like an alien.
    A cute alien. [face_alien]
    Not a scary alien. ]-}

:D

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    LOL when I was pregnant with my son, they had to do several ultrasounds during the pregnancy because I had some weird problems (seizures with no apparent reason for them, trouble gaining weight because instead of having morning sickness during the first trimester like a normal woman, i was fine the first three months, then had severe morning sickness the last two trimesters). I think he decided to press his lips against the lining of my uterus because I swear at one point he looked like Mick Jagger!

5. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I am SO over being nauseous. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow, it hit pretty much right at 6 weeks... and then got worse just before 12. I finally had to cave around 13 or so and get some nausea meds and the days I don't need them are far too rare still. :(
    I did finally start gaining some weight the last few weeks though- I blame Thanksgiving more than baby though. ;)

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Hmm don't know how I missed your reply. Anyway, I'm willing to volunteer to run it if said person has not or is likely not to return or continue it. I enjoyed the little challenge on the temp board.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Congratulations on the baby, Lexi!

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Are you sure it's not an alien? 19 weeks ago did you see a bright light in the night sky? Did you experience unconsciousness and a block of time where you don't remember anything? Okay, you may have just seen the moon and fell asleep that night. Hmmm...do you remember getting probed? Oh what am I saying...:p Never mind.

9. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks! :D

Gosh, keep it PG-13, would ya... :p[face_laugh]

Speaking of PG-13, it was kind of cute...the doc was starting up the ultrasound machine and I pointed out that we didn't want to know the sex. So he gets a nice pic of the head and says, "We'll just focus on the upper body PG-13 shot then."

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I got my first cell phone when I was 21, the week after i got my laptop.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I got my first cellphone when I was in my twenties, because my dad got a new cellphone and a new number and gave me his old prepaid.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My sister and I were in adjoining dorms 2000 miles away from home, so our parents sent us cell phones. Mine was too big to fit in my pocket. I have an iPhone now, but I bought it myself after paying off my family's phone bill in its entirety. I have a desktop and a laptop, but I bought both.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I got my first cell phone in 2007, when I flew out to Utah for the first time.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That's so quaint.

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, Scotty. :p

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My current cellphone is a prepaid, and it needs upgraded some day, as the 7 key is starting to go. I'm hard on my keypads. I'm hard on keyboards, too. I would no doubt destroy a touch screen, so any new phone I get needs to have a keypad or keyboard.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    TrakNar I wanted one with a keypad too but they're impossible to get a hold of in the UK. To make things worse, there are loads available in the US! I got a touch screen only phone but it's turned out ok. I recommend getting a phone with Android Jelly Bean, either installed or upgradable to it.

18. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I hate touch screens too. Then again, I also hate smart phones and desperately cling to the last few models Verizon offers in just plain old, regular keypad cellphone.

Unrelated- but I live on an artillery training post. After a quiet week, the artillery firing is back in full force.
    The windows are rattling.
    [face_plain]

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I got my first cell phone two weeks before my 18th birthday in 2005 because I was going on a four-day school trip to Washington, D.C., and my dad wanted a way to stay in contact with me. It was a $10 TracFone phone from Walmart plus $40 worth of airtime. Nearly eight years later, I'm still with TracFone, though on my fourth individual phone as I've typically bought a new one every two years. I'd love to have a smartphone, but can't afford the monthly cost; I get by on an average of $7/month with TracFone since I don't use it a lot.

On another note, I've been trying to get into fanfic for a year now and just about every attempt has petered out and died. My 2012 Diary Challenge entry went into a coma in January and was killed by the move, and my Minor Roulette story has stalled. The only story I've completed was the Moving Challenge entry. Maybe I need to stick to more familiar material, like I did with the Moving Challenge. Or maybe fanfic just isn't for me. Though I don't see why it wouldn't be, considering that the role-playing game I've been playing for two years now in the RPF is effectively nothing more than one giant collaborative fanfic....

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    It's because of the RPF, it side tracks you. I know, I've been trying to write fanfic and rp at the same time for the last ten years. One or the other gets neglected.

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've been toying with the idea of joining the RPF, but I know that it would eat up my time, and I just haven't had an interest in forum roleplaying for a while. Tabletop RPGs, sure. I'll play a Wushu campaign with action figures. I'm building a sizable collection of miniatures, I have a bunch of dice, and one of these days, I'll figure out the weird dice pool system of the Edge of the Empire RPG (I don't particularly care for dice pool systems), but forum roleplaying? I need to be in a certain mood for it. Once you go tabletop, it's hard to go back.

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is that exactly? Is it like Dungeons and Dragons? (I probably just asked the most insulting thing to a RPF player, but I have no other game to reference to...and I never played D&D but a friend did)

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yep, tabletop roleplaying is usually some form of Dungeons and Dragons, though I've played various modified d20 systems, a couple modified d6 systems, a modified HeroClix system, a modified HeroQuest system, a masterless system called Dungeon Plungin', and Wushu. Cthulhu Dice also counts, which I've played. Great time-killer.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    This is what my old eyes read and translated :Yep, Blah, blah D&D, system I never heard of , another system I never heard of, three more systems I never heard of, a Wushu which I think is a small dog and I know what dice are, but not a Cthulhu. I did understand Great time-killer.:p

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.