main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    In that case...

I love my tiny boobs! :D I wouldn't trade them for a larger pair, anyway. I like 'em small. Less back pain. :p

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If you had my build you'd be cursing small boobs too. Anything smaller than Large just goes unnoticed. Mine are Small. :(

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Fortunately, my big butt balances out my big boobs. :p

Arrrr, it be Talk Like A Pirate Day! I could put on a corset and be a pirate wench in the middle of September!

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Really? We're talking about boobs now? o_O

Imo, this is the kind of conversation that belongs in a PM and not in a Social Thread that, once long ago, was actually used to talk about fanfic and other fun stuff. And not boobs or illnesses. [face_plain]

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, this is the social thread, not a fanfic discussion thread. There are tons of those, and this is for OT stuff.

If you don't like the current conversation, what would you like to talk about? Obviously, we're willing to talk about anything and everything.

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Except fanfic. This is a fanfic-free zone.

7. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    See, when I log onto the site, I want to escape the "real world " and all the negative stuff that it entails. The past few posts have been about illnesses and past sicknesses and as awful as this is, because being sick really sucks, it just drags down the mood. Hence, why I haven't posted in ages.

There's no need to necessarily talk about fanfic but how about the awesome good things in life that make you smile?
    Just a suggestion on my part. :) Didn't want to step on anyone's toes.

Fanmade video, really cool.

Draconarius likes this.
  8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    *mentions fanfic*

Sorry, it's like when someone tells you not to touch something, so you just have to!

Edit: I mentioned my rat problem and no one said anything . . .

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Suppose I didn't see the mention of a rat problem. But not in your apartment, though, right?

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    We're rat-sitting. The rats got out. We had to hunt them through the house. Fun times.

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    And here i thought Hoopers was bad with the risqué topics. Lol. Guess I was wrong.

So talk about anything but the poodoo of Darth Real Life and fan fiction. Okay I can do that. I think...

Nope. I can't. The urge to gossip about how strange my life is and how awesome someone's story is, is too great of a pull! Must resist! Must. Resist!

:D :p

Okay who has ever heard of the band Blackmore's Night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've never heard of them.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Nor have I but my Pandora randomly put them on and I liked the song "Cartouche" alot. Still trying to figure out what the lyrics is about though. I want to say a fireworks festival, not sure.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Kinda sounds Middle Eastern, maybe Egyptian. I mean, the title would make that obvious, but anyway. I like it!

I was at the grocery store earlier, and this white hippy was harassing an Asian lady selling sushi about whether the fish was ethically sourced or not. She was proselytizing about it, complete with pamphlets, and the poor employee was just going "I don't know, I just sell it!" And the hippy said, and I quote, "I'm a vegan, except when I feel like eating meat."

Not enough facepalm in the world.

15. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'd just like to throw out there that anything within the TOS is okay in this thread- we're here to socialize, and sometimes that means commiserating over our weirdness. That said, if you want happier topics, introduce them! :) For instance, I've been getting back into playing music recently, and I feel it's improved the quality of my life greatly. Life is better with a healthy dose of viola-ing. :p

Dana, that is some pretty epic facepalming right there. I know plenty of hippie vegans, but they're at least consistent.

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You play viola? So does Ish!

I told my mom about it, and she went ". . . Idiot."

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Lol.

You two are lucky. I envy you.

I wish I could play something. I'm always humming something or a tune is going through my head but can't put it down permanently cause 1) I cant read music 2) I don't know how to play anything and 3) I don't know where to begin.

I've loved music and the idea of playing it since I was little and I've never had the opportunity to do so. Parents refused to buy me a violin or a flute and let me join the music classes in school. Yet they'll go out and buy a 5,000 dollar horse or a new tv. Quite peeved about it and still am. I had to twist arms just to get to join the swim team!

You will often find me in the electronics section of Wal-mart or Target where they have the demo keyboards, playing with them. I even have a virtual keyboard on my iPhone.

I really want to learn to play something. sigh

18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I played the glockenspiel and other mallet percussion back in high school and I can play the piano. Unfortunately it's been over a year since I've played either. For my senior band trip in high school we went to Cuba where we donated a couple old instruments to a school we played at. Before I went I looked at my cheap glockenspiel and asked 'am I really going to play this after I graduate in 2 months?' No, so I donated it. Somedays I regret not having it, but I know it's being used and not gathering dust in my closet. Plus I didn't have to lug it back home :)

If there's a talk like a pirate day, can we make a 'talk like a Yoda day?'

Most vegans I know weren't vegan very long. Exept for my one friend who is a true vegan because of severe food allergies.

19. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Ceillean: That video... is so awesome. :D I officially want a Star Wars anime now.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Talk like Yoda today, you will, yes.

Support this holiday, I do.

Make it happen, we must.

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo - Well, you can definitely teach yourself to at least read/write music down- that's the easy part. :p There's also a lot of music theory you can learn without an instrument handy. Learning to play anything is a lot of work, but definitely worth it. And yeah, instruments are pricey. I'm starting to save up for a new viola, and I'm basically waiting until I finish paying off my car, because it's going to cost about the same as my car did. [face_hypnotized] I'm lucky to have a friend who is willing to hook me up with some folks who can get me a great instrument for the price, but it's still going to be a hefty chunk of change.

Also, I recently found there's a place in LA that will rehair my bow with PURPLE HAIR. That has to be one of the most awesome discoveries I've made in a while. I worry a little bit about the sound quality, but at the same time, I know someone who has it and loves it, so there's that. Also, purple. It's okay, because these days I can only find people to play rock viola with, so who cares if classical musicians might turn up their noses at it (also, who cares, because again, it's PURPLE).

22. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've always wanted to learn how to play the cello or double bass, but I don't have the time or the money. I think my heart will always be in the percussion pit. Weird stuff happens back there, but I loved it.

But purple bow hair is awesome!

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The only instrument I learned to play was a clarinet, but it's been an age. I wouldn't mind learning how to play a fiddle, though.

A fiddle with purple bow hair.

Because that would be awesome.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I can hum... and write semi-decent fanfic. That's about the extent of my artistic merit. I screw up stick figures...

25. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    DWH, a purple bow would be awesome! :D

I played the flute in junior high and was in Show Choir in high school, but I really don't have much talent for music. I love it, just not very good at it. I was drum major in 9th grade and was much better at that... I can keep time well but I'm crap at reading music.

I danced the entire time I was growing up and just learned that the Boston Ballet School has a studio about a mile from where I just moved! :D They do adult classes and have them pretty frequenly, so I'm going to try and go once a week. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.